Our gums may go from pink to black or brown over a period of time, which is a result of melanin concentration. This excess of melanin can be mainly because of genetic factors. It may not be a medical condition but it is not appealing for most of us with respect to aesthetic reasons. Gum depigmentation also known as Gum Bleaching is a cosmetic dental procedure that aims to remove the appearance of dark spots on the gum. It is suitable for both men and women .
Before & After Results
You will see an amazing difference in your gums. Dark spots will be gone and you can show off your bright teeth smile. The results of gum depigmentation treatment will last more than 20 years or even lifetime.
Gum Depigmentation Causes
Depigmentation of gums can occur because of the following reasons;
- Amalgam filling on the gums.
- Certain medications.
- Gum diseases.
- Increased melanin production.
Who are the Candidates?
Usually, people are looking for gum depigmentation treatment in Dubai because of aesthetic preferences. You can be a good candidate if;
- You have brown or black gums.
- You are not suffering from oral disease.
- Your gums are dark because of periodontal disease.
- You don’t have thin gum tissue.
- Your gums are in good health.
How to Prepare for Treatment?
It is a simple treatment but you will have to follow a few instructions given by your doctor before the treatment to ensure the success of the procedure and your safety. Your oral health will be examined by your doctor in an initial meeting which will help in making an effective treatment plan. Common pre-treatment instructions given to patients are;
- Stop smoking at least a week prior to the treatment.
- Stop alcohol consumption.
- Discontinue the use of any blood-thinning medications.
Gum Bleaching in Dubai is a simple cosmetic procedure that may takes up to 25 to 50 minutes for completion. However, the time required for the procedure is dependent on the concentration of melanin in both color and size. You may require a local anesthetic injection to avoid any kind of discomfort.
Gum depigmentation treatment is best performed with the help of lasers. During the procedure, the uppermost layer of gum tissues is removed and the heat of laser destroys the cells that are responsible for the production of melanin pigment. The new layer of tissues revealed after the treatment are pink in color.
Gum Depigmentation Cost
Gum depigmentation cost in Dubai varies from patient to patient depending upon the conditions of the gum. To know the exact cost, you can consult with our dentists. They will quote an exact price after examining you physically.
Gum depigmentation when done with lasers has many benefits as compared to other treatments. These benefits include;
- It is a less invasive procedure.
- It is a painless procedure.
- It gives natural-looking results and the dark color is highly minimized.
- It gives noticeable results after one session.
- It does not require downtime.
- The recovery process is very easy and does not take longer than 4 to 5 days. You will be able to eat and drink right after the treatment.
If you suffer from dark gums that make you feel undesirable or ugly, you should opt for gum depigmentation in Dubai. Book a free consultation with one of the dental laser specialists at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery® and get the details about the procedure. You just need to fill the form given below and our staff will book your appointment.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest