Aging is an evitable process that is associated with human existence. It is natural and cannot be stopped. However, it can be delayed or reversed with some cosmetic treatments. Several aging signs and skin conditions like melasma and acne are being treated with a variety of chemical peels. One such peel is known as TCA Peel which is used to treat acne, brown spots, fine lines, sun-damaged skin and leathery skin texture. It is also effective against wrinkles and pigmentation irregularities.
- 1 What are TCA Peels?
- 2 Are you a Candidate?
- 3 What areas can be treated with TCA peel?
- 4 Procedure
- 5 How to prepare for the treatment?
- 6 What to expect after the procedure?
- 7 Aftercare Instructions
- 8 What are the risks or side-effects?
- 9 Is it safe?
- 10 What is the cost of TCA Peel in Dubai?
- 11 Our Doctors
- 12 Get a Free Consultation
What are TCA Peels?
TCA Peels in Dubai are non-invasive chemical peels that use Trichloroacetic acid to improve the appearance of skin. Just like other chemical peels, TCA peels also come in a variety of strengths depending on the concentration of acid. Trichloroacetic acid is a non-toxic chemical which has been used in skin peels for quite a long time.
TCA Peels works by removing the dead skin cells to stimulate the production of new skin cells and reveal a smoother and healthy skin beneath. As a result, you get younger-looking skin with no acne scarring, pigmentation or fine lines. Many dermatologists still prefer TCA peel for melasma treatment.
Are you a Candidate?
TCA peel Dubai is categorized as medium strength peel which means that only a certified skin care professional should apply it. You can be an ideal candidate for the treatment if;
- You have acne, fine lines or pigmentation.
- You are not pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You do not have a history of keloids or poor wound healing.
- You are not suffering from rosacea, eczema or psoriasis.
What areas can be treated with TCA peel?
Mostly TCA peels are applied to the face but you can get them on the following areas;
- Upper Arms
The procedure of TCA peels in Dubai takes approximately 30 minutes. During the treatment, you will be asked to lie down and the dermatologist will apply the TCA solution to the targeted site. You might feel a burning sensation in the initial few minutes which will be followed by a stinging pain. It is because TCA starts exfoliating the topmost skin layer (epidermis) and dissolves the cells in this layer. As a result, the topmost layer starts peeling off and the layer of new and healthy skin becomes visible.
The whole procedure gets completed in a single session but to achieve the desired results you might need multiple sessions of the treatment. These sessions are scheduled with a gap of several months so that your skin can heal completely. Your dermatologist will also instruct you to prepare your skin before getting the TCA peel treatment. Consult with your skin specialist before getting the treatment.
How to prepare for the treatment?
You might be asked to prepare your skin for TCA Peels treatment in Dubai by using certain products. It is known as a skin priming process which is done a week before the procedure. Some of the common instruction given for skin preparation include;
- Apply sunscreen regularly for at least four weeks before getting the peel treatment. It helps in getting an even skin tone after the procedure.
- Stop using any skincare products that contain retinoids three days before the procedure. Products with retinol ingredients can cause skin thinning which can cause damage during peel treatment.
What to expect after the procedure?
After getting TCA skin peeling in Dubai, you will experience certain changes in your skin. Once the initial redness subsides, you will observe that your skin becomes tight. In the next three days, the treated area will shed skin.
During this phase, wear sunscreen and protect your skin from sun exposure. Use a gentle cleanser to wash your face. Also, do not scratch your skin or peel it off with your nails. Once the skin completely sheds, the new skin beneath will appear to be smoother, firmer and brighter.
- Keep on applying sunscreen regularly.
- Do not wax hair from the area treated by TCA peels because it can cause injury.
- Protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
- Use moisturiser to protect and rehydrate your skin.
What are the risks or side-effects?
A few risks are associated with TCA peels which are as follows;
- Herpes flare-up
- Changes in skin color
- The bacterial or fungal infection which is rare.
- Damage to any organ which is also uncommon.
- People with a dark complexion can develop hyperpigmentation after TCA peel.
- You should consult with your dermatologist immediately if you experience excessive swelling, redness, blisters or pus formation in your skin.
Is it safe?
TCA peel in Dubai is safe to use and is commonly performed by dermatologists. Getting the procedure by an expert and the licensed dermatologist will reduce the chances of risks.
What is the cost of TCA Peel in Dubai?
The cost of the procedure depends on the size of the targeted area, your geographical location, the expertise of your dermatologist and the depth of the peel. On average, TCA peels can cost around AED 1000- AED 4000 for full-face peeling. For non-facial areas, it would cost more.
Get a Free Consultation
If you want to know more about the TCA peels treatment, visit Dubai Cosmetic Surgery®. We have a team of highly experienced and board-certified dermatologists. They will examine your skin first and will suggest you the most suitable peel treatment. We offer a free consultation to all our patients who are interested in getting the TCA Peel treatment. You can clear all your concerns during this session. So, fill in the form given below and book your appointment now.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest