Buccal fat pad are the fat deposits in the lower cheek area which are considered the reason for puffiness of the cheeks which hides the contours of cheekbones and jawline. Buccal fat removal is a surgical procedure in which the buccal fat pad is removed to improve the curves of the cheeks.
*Facts You Must Know
|Cost of Treatment|
|Time Required||1 Hour|
|Recovery Time||1 Week|
|Success Rate||Very high Success Rate|
Buccal Fat Removal Candidates
You may consider undergoing a buccal fat removal surgery if;
- You have excessive puffiness in the cheek area
- You have large bichat fat pads
- Your jawline needs definition
- You are 18 or above
- You are healthy both physically and mentally
- You are not a smoker
- You have set realistic expectations from the procedure
Cheek reduction surgery is considered an effective treatment for eliminating the buccal fat pad from the cheek area to enhance the facial appearance. However, another treatment option includes;
Liposuction –can be performed to remove the excess fat from the cheek area but there will be a risk of visible scar formation and longer recovery time.
An initial consultation helps the patient to communicate his/her concerns about the surgery and to know about the treatment in detail. Similarly, it enables surgeon to know about the patient’s requirements and expectations. Your surgeon will help in determining the most suitable option for you after a physical examination.
Buccal Fat Removal Procedure
A buccal fat removal surgery is performed on an outpatient basis. The procedure is completed in an hour. You will be awake during the procedure but will not feel any pain due to a local anesthetic or sedation. An incision will be created between cheeks and gums, a buccal or bichat fat pad protrudes through the incision because of external pressure. The fat pad will be removed using surgical instruments. After the fat is eliminated, your surgeon will close the incisions using stitches.
Buccal Fat Removal Recovery
- You will experience discomfort and pain after the surgery but it will be controlled with pain medications.
- You are likely to experience swelling and bruising after the surgery which may take several weeks in subsiding completely.
- You will be able to return to work within a week after the surgery
Buccal Fat Removal Results
You will be given few instructions to follow after the surgery for successful results.
- You will have to eat soft foods or fluids because of oral incisions in the cheek area.
- You should avoid strenuous tasks for a week or two.
- You must maintain your hygiene to avoid oral infections
- You will be given medications to avoid inflammations and to control swelling
Buccal Fat Removal Benefits
The results of buccal fat removal will become completely visible after the swelling has gone away. These results are permanent and you will not be asked to undergo maintenance sessions.
- It is safe and effective treatment
- It is a minor surgery which can be performed without general anesthesia
- It improves the contours of cheeks and adds definition to the jawbone
- It improves overall facial appearance
- It gives permanent results
- It does not leave a visible scar
- Buccal fat removal surgery can be performed in combination of other procedures
Fill in the form to get Free Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest