Buccal fat are the fatty deposits found in the lower cheek area which cause puffiness in the cheeks and hide the contours of the cheekbones and jawline. Buccal fat removal also known as cheek reduction surgery is a surgical procedure in which the buccal fat is removed to improve the contours of the cheeks. If you are thinking about the cost of this procedure, visit the Cost Page to know more.
- 1 *Facts You Must Know
- 2 Buccal Fat Removal Candidates
- 3 Treatment Options
- 4 Possible Complications
- 5 Buccal Fat Removal Procedure
- 6 Buccal Fat Removal Recovery
- 7 Post-op Care
- 8 Our Surgeons
- 9 Buccal Fat Removal Benefits
- 10 Outcomes
- 11 Free Consultation
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very high Success Rate
Buccal Fat Removal Candidates
You can be an ideal candidate for buccal fat removal in Dubai if;
- You have excessive puffiness in the cheek area.
- You have large buccal fat pads.
- Your jawline needs definition.
- You are 18 and above.
- You are healthy both physically and mentally.
- You are not a smoker.
- You have set realistic expectations from the procedure.
Cheek reduction surgery in Dubai is considered an effective treatment for eliminating the buccal fat pad from the cheek area to enhance the facial appearance. However, other treatment options include;
Liposuction – It can be performed to remove the excess fat from the cheek area but there will be a risk of visible scar formation and longer recovery time.
Following are a few complications that you may experience as a result of having the procedure.
- Changes in sensation
- Partial facial paralysis
- Poor healing
- Prolonged swelling
- Possibility of revision surgery
- Persistent pain
- Injury to the salivary duct
Buccal Fat Removal Procedure
A buccal fat removal surgery in Dubai is performed on an outpatient basis. The procedure is completed in an hour. You will be awake during the procedure but will not feel any pain due to a local anesthesia or sedation. An incision will be created between cheeks and gums. A buccal or bichat fat pad will protrude through the incision because of external pressure. This fat pad will be removed using surgical instruments. After eliminating the fat, your surgeon will close the incisions using stitches.
Buccal Fat Removal Recovery
- You will experience discomfort and pain after the surgery but it will be controlled with pain medications.
- You are likely to experience swelling and bruising after the surgery which may take several weeks in subsiding completely.
- You will be able to return to work within a week after the surgery.
You will be given few instructions to follow after the surgery for successful results.
- You should take soft diet and fluids mostly because of oral incisions in the cheek area.
- You should avoid strenuous tasks for a week or two.
- You must maintain your hygiene to avoid oral infections.
Buccal Fat Removal Benefits
The results of buccal fat removal will become completely visible after the swelling has faded. These results are permanent and you will not be asked to undergo maintenance sessions.
- It is safe and effective treatment.
- It is a minor surgery which can be performed without general anesthesia.
- It improves the contours of cheeks and adds definition to the jawbone.
- It improves overall facial appearance.
- It gives permanent results.
- It does not leave a visible scar.
- Buccal fat removal surgery can be performed in combination with other procedures.
The procedure helps you to get rid of extra fat on your cheeks. As a result, you will get an enhanced jawline with reduced chubby cheeks and a defined face. If you have a desire of getting a slim lower face, then it will do wonders for you. But, you should know the fact that results vary from one individual to another.
An initial consultation helps the patient to communicate his/her concerns about the surgery and learn about the treatment in detail. Similarly, it enables a surgeon to know about the patient’s requirements and expectations. At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery, we are offering free initial consultation to our patients. So, book your appointment now.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest