Unfortunately, breast implants can’t last forever. An implant may need to be replaced or removed after a certain period of time. An implant may leak or it may cause an infection in the breasts or the implant life may simply expires which requires breast augmentation patients to undergo a breast implant removal surgery.
*Facts You Must Know
|Cost of Treatment|
|Time Required||1-2 Hours|
|Recovery Time||1 Week|
|Success Rate||Very high Success Rate|
Breast Implant Removal Candidates
Breast implant removal surgery is for those who have previously undergone a breast augmentation surgery with breast implants. You can think of undergoing a breast implant removal surgery if;
- The implant has leaked or ruptured
- You have undergone a capsular contracture
- You want to replace the implant size, shape or type
- You want to remove the implant
Your plastic surgeon will explain you all about the breast implant removal surgery. Your surgeon will examine the condition of your breasts and implants to design a suitable treatment plan. You can talk about implant replacement and all your concerns about the breast implant removal surgery with your plastic surgeon.
You will be given few instructions to follow before the surgery to make the procedure and recovery easier. These instructions include;
- You will be asked to discontinue the use of blood thinning and anti-inflammatory medications
- Stop taking food supplements
- Stop alcohol consumption
- Stop smoking for a week or two
Breast Implant Removal Procedure
The breast implant removal surgery would not take more than an hour to complete. In the beginning, general anesthesia is administered to carry out the procedure. Your surgeon will make an incision in the same site where the incision was made to insert an implant. The implant will be removed using surgical instruments and incisions will be stitched closed.
Breast Implant Removal Recovery
Every patient recovers differently after a breast implant removal surgery. However, the recovery process is easier than a breast augmentation surgery.
- You will have to take rest for 2 to 3 days.
- You will feel sore for initial few days
- You will have to wear an elastic surgical bra
There is no significant risk of any complications after a breast implant removal surgery. You will be given a short list of instructions to follow after the treatment which may include;
- You should take rest for few days until you feel comfortable enough to get back to work.
- You must avoid strenuous exercises or lifting heavy objects.
- You must follow medications prescribed by your surgeon.
- You will have to wear a surgical bra for few days.
Breast Implant Removal Benefits
- It is a safe procedure which doesn’t involve any risk of complications
- The recovery procedure is easy and comfortable
- An implant can be replaced during the procedure
- It can be performed with other procedures such as breast lift
- There is no risk of adverse effects.
Breast Implant Removal Results
A breast implant removal surgery safely removes the implant without causing any damage to your body tissues.
If you need to remove or replace the implant, you can book a appointment at our clinic. Our surgeon will examine the condition of implant if it needs to be removed or fixed. Fill in the given form to get a free consultation with one of our experts.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest