Kybella is a prescription medicine used to improve the appearance of a double chin. It is a cosmetic injectable solution with a specialized formulation that reduces fat in the submental region. This highly potent solution targets and eliminates moderate to severe submental fat, giving your chin and jawline an enhanced, nicely sculpted appearance.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
What is Kybella made of?
The main ingredient of Kybella injections is deoxycholic acid, a secondary bile acid naturally produced as a byproduct of intestinal bacteria. The essential function of this acid is to assist in the digestion and absorption of cholesterol, dietary fat, and fat-soluble vitamins in the body.
Kybella injections contain synthetic deoxycholic acid, which is used specifically to reduce subcutaneous fat in the submental region. Another ingredient usually added to the Kybella solution is lidocaine, a desensitizing agent to mitigate the pain due to the inflammatory effect of deoxycholic acid.
When injected in the chin and jawline area, the Kybella solution decomposes fat under the skin, which is then gradually removed by the body’s immune system. This reduces submental fullness and gives your chin a naturally slimmer and youthful appearance.
Before & After
No Guarantee, as the results may vary from person to person.
Ideal Candidate for Kybella
Good candidates for Kybella fat-dissolving injections in Dubai are those who:
- Have moderate to severe submental fullness that hasn’t responded to diet and exercise
- Are in good overall health with no medical condition affecting the submental area
- Are not pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have a positive outlook and realistic expectations of the procedure
Preparing for Kybella Injections
Kybella injections are minimally invasive and do not require you to follow any extensive preparation guidelines. Even so, your doctor will likely suggest a few pre-procedure measures to ensure your treatment goes smoothly and yields a favorable outcome.
The preparation steps you may need to follow before Kybella injections are as follows:
- Ask your doctor to reschedule the treatment if you have a cold or flu or are experiencing cold sores, rash, or infection in the injection site.
- Cleanse your face regularly and avoid makeup to prevent infections.
- Stop taking NSAIDs, blood-thinning medications, and herbal supplements at least two weeks before the procedure.
The treatment procedure may involve the following steps:
- The doctor will identify the areas with excess fat. The injections are usually planned in a grid pattern across the treatment area. Each injection point is usually 1 cm apart.
- Once the marking is complete, the doctor will administer local anesthesia topically or through tiny needles. This will desensitize the skin in the treatment area.
- Next, Kybella injections are administered into the marked sites, each transferring 0.2 ml of the medicine into the subcutaneous tissue. Depending on the patient’s requirements, the practitioner may administer 20-50 thin-needled injections during one treatment session. They usually aim for a dosage of 2 mg for every 1 cm².
Generally, you will be allowed to walk out of the clinic as soon as the treatment is complete.
Post-Procedural Care Instructions
Kybella injections do not generally lead to severe complications, so no intensive post-treatment care is required. Nevertheless, you must adhere to a few guidelines to ensure a smooth recovery and the desired outcome.
Here are the steps you may need to follow after receiving Kybella injections.
- Use a small ice bag with ice peas or crushed ice on the treated region for about 48 hours.
- Avoid strenuous physical activity for 2-3 days.
- Avoid makeup, moisturizers, and other cosmetic products until swelling and bruising subside.
- Keep your head elevated while sleeping for 2-3 days.
- Only use the prescribed medication for discomfort.
- Use sunscreen with a high SPF rating when going outdoors in the daytime.
Results of Kybella Injections
Kybella injections work to decompose excess fat, which is then removed gradually from the treated area. This process can take several weeks to a few months. Generally, you will need four to six treatment sessions spaced one month apart.
After the first two sessions, you will likely notice some reduction in submental fullness. The full results are usually visible four to six weeks after the final treatment.
Benefits of Kybella Injections
The following are some of the benefits of Kybella injections in Dubai:
- It is one of the most effective double chin reduction treatments due to its ability to eliminate or reduce moderate to severe submental fullness.
- It comes with a lower risk of adverse reactions.
- It is relatively painless when compared with surgical procedures.
- You will need little to no downtime after these injections.
- You won’t need to follow strict guidelines before and after these injections.
Possible Complications of Kybella Injections
The most common but minor and temporary side effects of Kybella injections are:
- Pain at the injection site
Some uncommon but relatively serious complications are also associated with Kybella injections. These complications are preventable if you get the treatment from a skilled doctor.
These side effects can be:
- Pain in the mouth and neck
- Difficulty swallowing
- Tissue injury
Cost of Kybella Injections
The starting cost of Kybella injections in Dubai averages AED 2100. The final or exact treatment price can vary from person to person, usually depending on the following factors:
- The extent of submental fullness
- Number of injections needed in the chin area
- Number of treatment sessions required to achieve the desired outcome
- The practitioner’s expertise
- The clinic’s reputation and location
Kybella Treatment FAQs
Is the procedure painful?
No, the procedure is not painful at all. However, if you feel any pain, you should let your practitioner know and he will apply topical cream to ease you. A little discomfort may occur.
How long will results last?
The results may last for years but it depends on how well you can maintain your weight. Being an adult, your body doesn’t produce new fat cells. But, if you gain weight, your fat cells may expand. So, it is recommended to keep the fat cells low by keeping your weight maintained.
Are there any risks?
Kybella is approved by FDA so it is a very safe procedure. However, some potential side-effects may occur that fade away after a specific time period. These side-effects include swelling, bruising, and slight burning in the treated area. You need to be very careful while selecting your practitioner as it matters a lot.
How many sessions will I need?
You may need almost 3-6 sessions to achieve the desired results. Your practitioner can guide you better in this regard after a detailed assessment of your skin.
How much does the treatment cost?
The overall Kybella Dubai price depends on various factors like the number of sessions and patient requirements. So, the cost varies from one person to another. It is better to consult with a surgeon to know the exact cost of the procedure. The average starting cost of kybella treatment is AED 2100.
Suggestion – You should contact your doctor immediately if you are experiencing scabbing, skin discoloration, difficulty in swallowing or breathing.
Schedule A Consultation
Get rid of the double chin and achieve a more contoured, angular jawline appearance with Kybella fat-dissolving injections at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic. For details or to book an appointment, please call +971 4 348 5575. If you want to book a consultation online, please fill in the form below.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest