Some women are blessed with nice, firm, and attractive breasts, while others opt for other methods to get their desired breasts. Among all methods, breast augmentation is considered the best procedure to enlarge, firm, and enhance the looks of your breasts.
Breast augmentation surgery is among the most popular cosmetic surgeries performed in the United States and globally. This surgery is carried out also for reconstructive purposes like after mastectomy for breast cancer.
Table of Contents
- 1 The Main Goal of Breast Augmentation Treatment
- 2 The Ideal Candidate for Breast Augmentation Procedure
- 3 How to Prepare for Breast Augmentation
- 4 Pre-procedure care
- 5 What are the Types of Breast Augmentation Treatments?
- 6 Post-procedure care
- 7 Benefits of Breast Augmentation Surgery
- 8 Before and After Results:
- 9 Common Complications After Breast Augmentation Treatment
- 10 How Much Does Breast Augmentation Cost in Dubai?
- 11 Our Breast Surgeons
- 12 Breast Augmentation FAQs
- 13 Free Consultation
The Main Goal of Breast Augmentation Treatment
Breast augmentation surgery is done for three reasons: to increase breast size, to restore the bust that has lost its shape, and to give symmetry to breasts that have different shapes and sizes from each other.
The Ideal Candidate for Breast Augmentation Procedure
Doctors and certified boards have defined specific terms and conditions for breast augmentation. You are an ideal candidate for a breast enlargement procedure if you fulfill the following criteria.
- You are in good general health and do not have any severe infections or active, untreated cancer.
- The breasts are asymmetrical or flattened, or you want to get rid of cleavage lines.
- According to the FDA, you must be at least 18 years old for saline breast implants and at least 22 years old for silicone breast implants for cosmetic augmentation. However, these age restrictions do not apply to breast reconstruction cases.
- You are not consuming excessive amounts of alcohol.
How to Prepare for Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation requires a lot of in-depth research. For that purpose, you will have to meet with your doctor to find out your preferred size. The surgeon will provide a thorough guideline about the different breast implants –round or teardrop-shaped, saline implant or silicone gel, and smooth or textured.
- Quit smoking at least 4-6 weeks before and after surgery to reduce the risk of complications and promote overall health.
- Inform your family or friends about your surgery so that they can provide transportation and assist with postoperative care.
- Your surgeon may suggest you avoid certain medications like aspirin before the surgery.
What are the Types of Breast Augmentation Treatments?
Generally, there are two types of breast augmentation:
- Breast implant
- Fat transfer
Breast Implants in Breast Augmentation Surgery
Before entering the operation room, the surgeon will draw marks on your breast that will help him know exactly where to make the incision and where to place the implants.
- In the operating room, the doctor will administer anesthesia, which may include general anesthesia or intravenous sedation, depending on the patient’s medical history, surgical preferences, and the surgeon’s recommendations. The injection will help the patient feel no pain during the procedure.
- Afterward, following the previously made marks, the surgeon will make an incision 3-4 centimeters long below the natural fold of the breast.
- Afterward, the surgeon will use an electrocautery device, a medical instrument that applies heat to cut tissue and coagulate blood vessels, minimizing bleeding during the procedure
- The surgeon will then choose the appropriate technique for implant placement. The sub-glandular technique involves placing the implant above the chest muscle but below the breast tissue. There are other techniques like sub-muscular (under the chest muscle) and dual-plane (partially under the chest muscle), that are used based on some conditions and requirements.
- The surgeon will create a pocket for the implant and carefully position the implant in the desired location.
- The surgeon will then close the incision in layers, using sutures, surgical tape, or adhesive to ensure proper healing.
- This surgery lasts between 45 minutes and 2 hours.
Difference between saline and silicone gel implants
- Saline implants are filled with sterile salt water. Saline implants are usually inserted empty and then filled with saline during surgery, allowing for adjustments in size and minimizing the size of the incision
- Silicone gel implants are filled with silicone gel. Some women prefer it because it feels more natural than saline. However, silicone gel implants may carry a higher risk of complications if they rupture or leak.
- When saline implants rupture, the saline is absorbed by the body. However, when silicone implants rupture, the silicone gel may remain inside the implant shell or within the scar tissue capsule, which is referred to as a “silent rupture.
Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
Fat transfer breast augmentation is a cosmetic procedure in which a surgeon takes fat cells from your hips, thighs, back, arms, or stomach, processes and purifies the fat, and then injects it into your breasts. This procedure is done to enlarge your breasts but typically results in a more subtle increase in size compared to breast implants.
For the next four to six weeks, you should generally follow these steps, keeping in mind that your surgeon will provide specific instructions based on your individual needs and recovery.
- Avoid raising your arms above the shoulder
- Avoid carrying, pulling, and pushing heavy objects.
- Wear a special bra
- Attend weekly check-ups
- Keep the wound clean
Benefits of Breast Augmentation Surgery
Some of the benefits of Breast Augmentation are:
- It helps to increase the size, shape, and fullness of the breasts.
- It enhances the curves and contours of the body by making breasts proportional to the rest of the body.
- It results in a more positive self-image and boosts your confidence.
- It can also correct any imbalances between the breasts.
- The results of breast augmentation can vary, and the longevity of implants may differ some going as long as 10 years. It is important to note that breast implants are not lifetime devices, and factors such as aging, weight changes, and hormonal fluctuations can affect the appearance of the breasts, potentially requiring additional surgery for implant replacement or removal in the future.
- Breast implants are highly customizable, allowing you to select a size that works for your body type and lifestyle.
- It can correct an excessively flat chest, help you achieve a better appearance after pregnancy or dramatic weight loss, and reconstruction the breasts after a mastectomy or breast cancer.
Before and After Results:
Common Complications After Breast Augmentation Treatment
After breast augmentation, there are some common complications that you may face.
- Changes in sensation in the nipple
- Breast pain
- Bleeding and infection
- Breast implant illness
- In rare cases, the implants may rupture or leak. Implant rupture or leakage rates vary depending on the type of implant, and patients should be informed of the risks associated with their chosen implant type.
How Much Does Breast Augmentation Cost in Dubai?
In Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, the breast augmentation cost starts from 27,000 AED. The prices vary from person to person depending on the following factors.
- Expertise of Surgeron
- Location of the hospital
- Post-operative check-ups
At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, we offer financing options to help make the cost of your Breast Augmentation procedure more affordable.
Our Breast Surgeons
Breast Augmentation FAQs
Is breast augmentation painful?
During the breast augmentation process, you will not feel any pain as you will be under general anesthesia. However, once the anesthesia begins to wear off, you will feel pain around the chest area and under the armpits.
What age should you get a breast augmentation?
According to the FDA, the minimum age required for saline implants is 18 years while for silicone implants, it is 22 years.
What is the success rate of breast augmentation?
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons published an official medical journal in which it was mentioned that around 98 percent of women were happy with the results of breast augmentation.
At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery, we offer a free consultation to our valued clients regarding breast augmentation. Here, our experts provide thorough guidelines, consultancy, and the dos and don’ts of breast enlargement. If you want to get breast augmentation treatment, visit Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic in Dubai. You can call us at +971 4 348 5575 or fill out the form below.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest