Breast augmentation (or augmentation mammaplasty) refers to a surgical procedure that enhances your breast silhouette by giving you the desired shape and size. To provide a natural appearance, implants (saline or silicone) are utilized. Fat transfer is another technique that can be used to get the desired results.
For women, breasts are an important part of their personality, and better-looking breasts can greatly improve their self-confidence. There are various reasons for which people undergo this procedure. For some women, it is for cosmetic reasons while for others it’s due to deformities as well as an after treatment of cancer. Whatever the reasons are it should be kept in mind that it is a surgical procedure and one should consult with their doctor before going ahead with the procedure.
Reason To Get Breast Augmentation
Breast enhancement surgery aims at improving the appearance of breasts by making the following improvements.
- Increasing fullness and projection of breasts.
- Improving the size and contours of small breasts.
- Improving the symmetry of breasts.
- Making the breasts firmer and perkier.
Our Breast Surgeons
Breast Augmentation Techniques
Breast Augmentation also is known as Breast Enlargement surgery can be performed using a variety of techniques. Depending on the incision patterns and methods, various kinds of implants are available. Our breast surgeon will determine the most appropriate technique and the type of breast implant for you.
Breast implants options include:
- Saline implants – are filled with sterile saltwater and are suitable for women who are 18 or older.
- Silicone gel implants – are filled with silicone gel and are suitable for women who are 22 or more. Silicone implants feel more like real breasts but they pose more risk in case they leak.
What type of implants should be used?
Different types of breast implants can be used for breast enhancement in Dubai. With the development in cosmetic procedures, breast enlargement has developed in many ways and people have so many choices to choose from. Now you can alter your breast in any way you want. You can improve your curves and cleavage according to your desired shape. Below are a couple of choices that you can consider for breast enlargement. Different types of implants are used for different needs and wants.
There are four types of fillings used for breast implants;
- Highly cohesive silicone implant also known as Gummy Bear implant
- Fat Graft implants
The type of implant used depends entirely on the receiver of surgery and the results you expect from the surgery. The surgeon will decide what type of material shall be used and the decision of the surgeon will depend upon the result that the recipient expects from the surgery.
Saline and Silicone implants are made from artificial material while Fat Graft implants are harvested from the person’s own body. These Fat Grafts are then used in breast enlargement surgery. This implant is the most effective implant but there is a limitation because only one cup of fat can be implanted and harvested which makes it good for a small amount of breast enlargement but not for the large amount.
What are incision options for Breast Implants?
The most common question asked about breast augmentation in Dubai is about the scaring. People usually ask about the type of scars created through this procedure. A skilled and qualified surgeon will make a good incision without you having to worry about severe scars. If the incision is made by a skilled surgeon then the patient won’t have to worry about scars because a skilled surgeon could easily hide them.
The incisions involved in this breast surgery are:
In this technique, a small incision is made below the breasts at the breast fold line which is also known as an inframammary fold. This leaves a small and thin scar which is only 1 to 2 inches in size and can be easily concealed in the inframammary fold. This type of incision creates large access point which allows the surgeon to place a larger implant such as Gummy Bear with accuracy.
In this type of technique, a small incision is made just above the belly button and then that implant is brought to the breasts. This technique creates only one scar and there is no scar on the breasts.
In this technique, an incision is made around the edges of the areola which keeps the resulting scar within the natural transition of pigmentation and so that it could easily merge with the surrounding area.
In this technique, the scar is made in the armpit area. The implant is placed in the armpit area by using a specialized camera and specialized instruments are used to ensure good placement. The advantage of this procedure is that it leaves a small scar within armpits but not a scar anywhere else and achieves the goal of breast enlargement.
What is the shape of an implant?
Saline and Silicone implants come only in round shapes while gummy bear implants come in a variety of shapes. Round shape will give its maximum advantage to the upper part of breasts and the breasts will appear more firm while shaped implant will give sloppy looks to the breasts. When performed by a skilled surgeon both the round and shaped implants look very natural.
What types of profile exist for a breast implants?
Your surgeon will decide the type of profile that you will need for your breasts and it will depend upon the existing structure of your breasts as well as the type of shape and structure you desire from your breasts. Patient with a larger frame of breasts will require a higher profile of implant to cover the entire area and to achieve the desired results while ensuring that the base of the implant is not wide at the bottom.
During the pre-op visit, your photos will be taken and our plastic surgeon will examine you physically to give you pre-surgical instructions. These instructions are based on your individual goals and requirements. Some general preparation tips for breast enlargement surgery are:
- Stop using all the blood-thinning medications including aspirin, ibuprofen and certain other medications – as recommended by the breast surgeon.
- Avoid supplements – fish oil, omega-3, vitamin E, etc.
- Stop drinking alcohol.
- Quit smoking as nicotine and carbon monoxide hinder the healing process.
- Follow pre-surgical prescriptions.
Breast enlargement surgery in Dubai is performed on a patient who is under general anesthesia. The next step is to make incisions and incision patterns and sites vary depending on the technique your plastic surgeon uses. The options for incision sites include:
- On inframammary creases – breast folds.
- Around the areolas of nipples.
- In the armpits.
- In the belly button.
After making incisions, pockets are made in the breasts for the insertion of implants. Implants can be placed either above the pectoral muscles or beneath them. Then implants are inserted in the breasts. Silicone implants are inserted pre-filled while saline implants are filled with saline solution after insertion. Finally, the incisions are closed with sutures.
What to expect after the procedure?
- Soreness, bruising and swelling is expected to last for a couple of weeks after the surgery. The scar will fade away over time but don’t expect them to completely disappear.
- You will also be advised to wear compression garments to support your breast while they recover. It provides extra support and good positioning.
- Medicines will also be prescribed by the doctor.
- During your recovery time, you should follow the instructions of your doctors while returning to your regular activity. If your job is not physically demanding then you are expected to return to your job in a few weeks.
- Avoid any activity that puts a strain on your body and raises your pulse and blood pressure for at least two weeks after the surgery.
- During your healing period, your breasts will be more sensitive to physical contact and irregular movements.
- If the drainage tubes are placed for fluid removal then you will need a second appointment for their removal.
- If you notice redness or warmth in breasts and have a fever then it is a sign of infection. Also, stay alert for shortness of breath or chest pain. When these happen to you then you should contact your surgeon as soon as possible.
Breast Augmentation Benefits
- It enhances the curves and contours of the body by making breasts proportional to the rest of the body.
- It results in a more positive self-image.
- It boosts your confidence.
- The procedure provides aesthetic benefits and increases clothing options for you.
Our plastic surgeon will give you a list of post-surgical instructions that you will have to follow to make your recovery easier and comfortable. Some common tips for post-operative care include:
- Wear a surgical bra to keep your breasts in shape and reduce swelling.
- Avoid any pressure on your breasts.
- Sleep on your back for at least two weeks after surgery.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects and vigorous tasks and exercise.
- Use the prescribed medications regularly.
- Avoid shower for a recommended period of time.
While breast augmentation in Dubai yields larger breasts right away, the final results may take a few weeks to appear as the swelling subsides and the skin stretches. Some patients may need to wear a bandage to help shape their breasts, especially if they have underlying asymmetry or very small breasts to start with. Incision lines may take several months, even a couple of years, to fade. To achieve optimal breast augmentation results, follow your surgeon’s post-operative instructions and go for follow-up visits.
If you have small, volume-less and sagging breasts, then Breast Augmentation is the right option for you. Dubai Cosmetic Surgery offers the latest Breast enlargement surgery in Dubai with the best results. Fill in the form to book your appointment for a free one-on-one consultation session with our cosmetic surgery experts.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest