Breast augmentation (or augmentation mammaplasty) refers to a surgical procedure that enhances your breast silhouette by giving you the desired shape and size. To provide a natural appearance, implants (saline or silicone) are utilized. Fat transfer is another technique that can be used to get the desired results.
For women, breasts are an important part of their personality, and better-looking breasts can greatly improve their self-confidence. There are various reasons for which people undergo this procedure. For some women, it is for cosmetic reasons while for others it’s due to deformities as well as an after treatment of cancer. Whatever the reasons are it should be kept in mind that it is a surgical procedure and one should consult with their doctor before going ahead with the procedure.
Breast Augmentation Before and After
Breast enlargement surgery in Dubai and Abu Dhabi results in firmer, fuller and more contoured breasts. The outcomes of the surgery are mostly permanent but some women require surgery for breast implant removal or replacement in case of rupture or leak or need of changing the breast size. No Guarantee, as the results may vary from person to person.
Reason To Get Breast Augmentation
Breast enhancement surgery aims at improving the appearance of breasts by making the following improvements.
- Increasing fullness and projection of breasts.
- Improving the size and contours of small breasts.
- Improving the symmetry of breasts.
- Making the breasts firmer and perkier.
Can I Get Breast Enlargement Surgery?
You are a good candidate for Breast Augmentation in Dubai if:
- You have naturally small breasts or have lost volume and shape due to a mastectomy or trauma to the chest.
- Your breasts are uneven or have lost volume and shape due to pregnancy or significant weight loss.
- You are physically healthy and are not suffering from any ailment that can hinder wound healing.
- You are not pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have realistic expectations with the outcomes of surgery.
How to Choose Best Surgeon?
The most important thing about the procedure is choosing the right surgeon for the surgery. A skilled surgeon will give you far better results compared to an unskilled doctor. The first thing that you need to ask your doctor is how many breast enlargement surgeries he/she has performed. Also, ask the doctor to show you before and after pictures of patients who have already undergone the surgery. By doing this you will have a clear idea about the skills and aesthetic style of that surgeon.
You need to make sure that the breast surgeon you are choosing is board certified, which will give you an assurance that the surgeon is trained and qualified for this procedure. Choosing price over quality can have serious consequences. So, go for the doctor who offers better results and more safety rather than low rates. We have a team of board-certified surgeons at our clinic. These surgeons work in a professional way to provide you with desired results so that you can live your life with optimum self-confidence.
Breast Augmentation Techniques
Breast Augmentation also known as Breast Enlargement surgery can be performed using a variety of techniques. Depending on the incision patterns and methods, various kinds of implants are available. Our breast surgeon will determine the most appropriate technique and the type of breast implant for you.
Breast implants options include:
- Saline implants – are filled with sterile salt water and are suitable for women who are 18 or older.
- Silicone gel implants – are filled with silicone gel and are suitable for women who are 22 or more. Silicone implants feel more like real breasts but they pose more risk in case they leak.
What type of implants should be used?
Different types of breast implants can be used for breast enhancement in Dubai. With the development in cosmetic procedures, breast enlargement has developed in many ways and people have so many choices to choose from. Now you can alter your breast in any way you want. You can improve your curves and cleavage according to your desired shape. Below are a couple of choices that you can consider for breast enlargement. Different types of implants are used for different needs and wants.
There are four types of fillings used for breast implants;
- Highly cohesive silicone implant also known as Gummy Bear implant
- Fat Graft implants
The type of implant used depends entirely on the receiver of surgery and the results you expect from the surgery. The surgeon will decide what type of material shall be used and the decision of the surgeon will depend upon the result that the recipient expects from the surgery.
Saline and Silicone implants are made from artificial material while Fat Graft implants are harvested from the person’s own body. These Fat Grafts are then used in breast enlargement surgery. This implant is the most effective implant but there is a limitation because only one cup of fat can be implanted and harvested which makes it good for small amount of breast enlargement but not for the large amount.
What are incision options for Breast Implants?
The most common question asked about breast augmentation in Dubai is about the scaring. People usually ask about the type of scars created through this procedure. A skilled and qualified surgeon will make a good incision without you having to worry about severe scars. If the incision is made by a skilled surgeon then the patient won’t have to worry about scars because a skilled surgeon could easily hide them.
The incisions involved in this breast surgery are:
In this technique, a small incision is made below the breasts at the breast fold line which is also known as an inframammary fold. This leaves a small and thin scar which is only 1 to 2 inches in size and can be easily concealed in the inframammary fold. This type of incision creates large access point which allows the surgeon to place a larger implant such as Gummy Bear with accuracy.
In this type of technique, a small incision is made just above the belly button and then that implant is brought to the breasts. This technique creates only one scar and there is no scar on the breasts.
In this technique, an incision is made around the edges of the areola which keeps the resulting scar within the natural transition of pigmentation and so that it could easily merge with the surrounding area.
In this technique, the scar is made in the armpit area. The implant is placed in the armpit area by using a specialized camera and specialized instruments are used to ensure good placement. The advantage of this procedure is that it leaves a small scar within armpits but not a scar anywhere else and achieves the goal of breast enlargement.
What should be the size of a breast implants?
Breast implants vary in sizes so that they could meet the different needs of a person. It ranges from 150cc to 800cc or even larger in some cases. People require different breast implants for different results to achieve the best size and shape. The size of the breast implant depends on the existing breast size, the result you desire and the recommendations of a cosmetic surgeon.
What are the effects of pregnancy on breast implants?
Pregnancy does not affect the breast implants. However, one should give thought to future pregnancies while deciding the placement and size of your implant. The physical appearance of the breast might get altered a bit during the pregnancy. During the pregnancy, the mammary gland will swell causing the surrounding tissues to swell too. After the pregnancy when you stop feeding your child, the mammary glands will shrink again which might leave your breasts sagged and elongated.
What is the shape of an implant?
Saline and Silicone implants come only in round shapes while gummy bear implants come in a variety of shapes. Round shape will give its maximum advantage to the upper part of breasts and the breasts will appear more firm while shaped implant will give sloppy looks to the breasts. When performed by a skilled surgeon both the round and shaped implants look very natural.
What types of profile exist for a breast implants?
Your surgeon will decide the type of profile that you will need for your breasts and it will depend upon the existing structure of your breasts as well as the type of shape and structure you desire from your breasts. Patient with a larger frame of breasts will require a higher profile of implant to cover the entire area and to achieve the desired results while ensuring that the base of the implant is not wide at the bottom.
Complications with Breast Implants
Breast augmentation surgery in Dubai is a major surgery and requires anesthesia to be performed. Like many other major surgeries, there are some complications involved in this surgery too. Various risks of this procedure include:
- Any surgery with Anesthesia can cause problems which include: Allergic reaction to anesthetic used, blood clot or even chest infection. There is also a chance that the person going under the surgery might not wake up from anesthesia.
- This breast enlargement surgery is itself complicated and many things can happen due to the surgery such as bleeding, infection in the wound, change in the sensation of breast and nipples, allergic reaction to the medicines used in the surgery, unwanted scar and there is also a chance of pain in the breasts after the surgery.
- There can be complications with the implant itself. For example, scar or capsule formation around the incision area, breast droop and implant rupture or failure.
It is very important to choose a skilled cosmetic surgeon with a good clinic and high success rate to minimize these risks.
Things to Consider Before Surgery?
Before you could go ahead with the surgery you need to consult your doctors about your preferences like shape, size, and appearance of your breasts. When you give complete details about your preferences, surgeon will be able to determine what type of implant is best suited for you such as teardrop shape, smooth or textured. Giving full detail will also let your doctor determine the type of material that he/she will use in the surgery such as saline or silicone or surgical techniques like fat grafting.
Before deciding to go ahead with the surgery there are a couple of things that a person needs to consider
- A breast implant can also create problems in breastfeeding. However, it is not always the case. Most women can breastfeed their children after the surgery but for some, it becomes a problem after the surgery.
- A breast implant is not a procedure for a lifetime and the effect will fade away in 10 years. There is also a possibility of implant rupture. After the implant, your breasts will continue to age but weight loss or weight gain can have a great impact on the shape of your breasts which could lead to another surgery for the correction.
- You need to understand that this surgery will not correct any sagging and you will need to have a breast lift surgery along with it for this purpose.
- Before a breast implant, you need to know that you will need to monitor your implant through MRI. According to recent studies, it is not a necessary step.
- If you ever decide to remove your breast implant you will need an additional correction surgery so that your breast could restore its former appearance.
- A breast implant is a cosmetic procedure and is considered medically unnecessary so insurance will not cover it. If it is proven that it is medically necessary in your case then the insurance will cover the expenses. In case you are doing it for cosmetic reasons then you should be prepared to handle the expenses.
Breast augmentation in Dubai can either be done in a surgical center or a hospital and the patient is usually expected to go home on the day of surgery. In rare cases, patients are required to stay for the night. In some cases, the surgery is performed using local anesthesia but in most cases, general anesthesia is given to the patient.
During the pre-op visit, your photos will be taken and our plastic surgeon will examine you physically to give you pre-surgical instructions. These instructions are based on your individual goals and requirements. Some general preparation tips for breast enlargement surgery are:
- Stop using all the blood thinning medications including aspirin, ibuprofen and certain other medications – as recommended by the breast surgeon.
- Avoid supplements – fish oil, omega-3, vitamin E etc.
- Stop drinking alcohol.
- Quit smoking as nicotine and carbon monoxide hinder the healing process.
- Follow pre-surgical prescriptions.
Possible breast augmentation surgery risks include:
- Anesthesia risks
- Changes in nipple or breast sensation
- Poor scarring
- Wrong or faulty position of the implant
- Implant leakage or rupture
- The formation of tight scar tissue around the implant (capsular contracture)
- Fluid accumulation (seroma)
- Wrinkling of the skin over the implant
- Persistent pain
- Possibility of revision surgery
Risks will be fully discussed prior to your treatment. It is important that you discuss all your questions directly with your plastic surgeon.
Breast enlargement surgery in Dubai is performed on a patient who is under general anesthesia. The next step is to make incisions and incision patterns and sites vary depending on the technique your plastic surgeon uses. The options for incision sites include:
- On inframammary creases – breast folds.
- Around the areolas of nipples.
- In the armpits.
- In the belly button.
After making incisions, pockets are made in the breasts for insertion of implants. Implants can be placed either above the pectoral muscles or beneath them. Then implants are inserted in the breasts. Silicone implants are inserted pre-filled while saline implants are filled with saline solution after insertion. Finally, the incisions are closed with sutures.
What to expect after the procedure?
- Soreness, bruising and swelling is expected to last for a couple of weeks after the surgery. The scar will fade away over time but don’t expect them to completely disappear.
- You will also be advised to wear compression garments to support your breast while they recover. It provides extra support and good positioning.
- Medicines will also be prescribed by the doctor.
- During your recovery time, you should follow the instructions of your doctors while returning to your regular activity. If your job is not physically demanding then you are expected to return to your job in a few weeks.
- Avoid any activity that puts a strain on your body and raises your pulse and blood pressure for at least two weeks after the surgery.
- During your healing period, your breasts will be more sensitive to physical contact and irregular movements.
- If the drainage tubes are placed for fluid removal then you will need a second appointment for their removal.
- If you notice redness or warmth in breasts and have a fever then it is a sign of infection. Also, stay alert for shortness of breath or chest pain. When these happen to you then you should contact your surgeon as soon as possible.
Breast Augmentation Benefits
- It enhances the curves and contours of the body by making breasts proportional to the rest of the body.
- It results in a more positive self-image.
- It boosts your confidence.
- The procedure provides aesthetic benefits and increases clothing options for you.
What to expect after the surgery in long run?
After a successful breast implant, you should keep the following things in mind.
- To be on the safe side you need to maintain the regular screening as prescribed by the doctor.
- Aging can affect the tissues of your breasts and there is no way to stop aging. The unnecessary sagging caused by aging can be corrected by getting a second surgery or by wearing a bra.
- Pregnancies or weight fluctuation after the implant can affect the appearance of your breasts and a second surgery might be needed to correct these undesirable changes.
- It is advised to the people with silicone implants that they should maintain regular monitoring through Ultrasound, MRI or Mammogram to detect any ruptures. However, these ruptures are very rare.
- Breast enhancement surgery is performed on an outpatient basis and you can go home on the same day of surgery with an elastic bra.
- Most of the patients experience more pain and discomfort for three days and prescribed pain medications help control this pain.
- For the first five days, you will feel stiff and sore but you will be able to start light activities.
- You will have to minimize vigorous physical activities and exercise for at least two weeks after surgery.
- The sutures or dressings are removed after about seven days.
- You will become able to return to your work within a week or two and initial recovery takes 4 to 6 weeks but a complete recovery will take some time.
Our plastic surgeon will give you a list of post-surgical instructions that you will have to follow to make your recovery easier and comfortable. Some common tips for post-operative care include:
- Wear a surgical bra to keep your breasts in shape and reduce swelling.
- Avoid any pressure on your breasts.
- Sleep on your back for at least two weeks after surgery.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects and vigorous tasks and exercise.
- Use the prescribed medications regularly.
- Avoid shower for a recommended period of time.
While breast augmentation in Dubai yields larger breasts right away, the final results may take a few weeks to appear as the swelling subsides and the skin stretches. Some patients may need to wear a bandage to help shape their breasts, especially if they have underlying asymmetry or very small breasts to start with. Incision lines may take several months, even a couple of years, to fade. To achieve optimal breast augmentation results, follow your surgeon’s post-operative instructions and go for follow-up visits.
How Much Does It Cost?
To decide the exact breast augmentation surgery cost, different factors are important to consider. These factors include the expertise of your surgeon, your desired results, selection of technique and location etc. So, if you would like to know the exact cost, you have to consult your surgeon. The cost varies from one person to the other on the basis of individual requirements.
If you have small, volume-less and sagging breasts, then Breast Augmentation is the right option for you. Dubai Cosmetic Surgery offers the latest Breast enlargement surgery in Dubai with the best results. Fill in the form to book your appointment for a free one-on-one consultation session with our cosmetic surgery experts.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest