Dimple creation, also known as Dimpleplasty, is one of the most desired treatments among people. Dimples are considered a sign of beauty and prosperity and some cultures also associate them with good fortune. They help to brighten up a smile and add character to the face.
A natural dimple is usually formed when there exists a tiny defect in the cheek muscles. The skin that overlays this small defect is stuck down to the connective tissue underlying it, creating a dimple in the skin when you smile. Luckily, this naturally occurring process can be stimulated by dimple surgery.
Table of Contents
- 1 Are You a Candidate?
- 2 Dimple Creation Goals
- 3 Pre-op Preparation
- 4 Dimpleplasty Procedure
- 5 Post-operative Care
- 6 Treatment Benefits
- 7 Recovery Time
- 8 Dimple Creation Results
- 9 Dimple Creation FAQs
- 9.1 What is dimple creation?
- 9.2 For whom the treatment is suitable?
- 9.3 How long is the procedure?
- 9.4 Is it effective?
- 9.5 Is the procedure painful?
- 9.6 When can I resume my daily routine? When my stitches will be removed?
- 9.7 Can I have a dimple of exact depth, shape, and dimensions?
- 9.8 Which anesthesia is administered?
- 9.9 What is the recovery time?
- 9.10 What is the success rate of this procedure?
- 10 How Much Does Dimple Creation Cost?
- 11 Our Surgeons
- 12 Free Consultation
Are You a Candidate?
More and more people are opting for dimple creation in Dubai. Dimple creation is equally effective for both men and women. You can be an excellent candidate for this procedure if:
- You want to have dimples on your cheek or chin. Usually, women want to have dimples on their cheeks while men prefer having them on the chin.
- You are generally in good health.
- You have realistic expectations from the procedure.
Dimple Creation Goals
Dimple surgery aims to improve your facial appearance and make your smile brighter by creating a small indentation, called a dimple, on your cheeks.
Dimple surgery is a relatively simple procedure but you need to take a few steps for preparation. During the pre-op visit, our plastic surgeon will guide you on what you can expect from the procedure and will give you pre-surgical instructions. Some common instructions are:
- Discontinue taking medications such as Aspirin, Motrin, Advil or any type of NSAIDs at least a week before the procedure.
- You should not consume fish oil before the procedure.
- Do not eat or drink anything 6 hours prior to the procedure.
- Follow the prescriptions and use recommended supplements and vitamins.
The latest procedure for dimpleplasty is very easy. It is performed under local anesthesia and does not take more than 20 minutes to complete. The steps for the surgery include:
- Administration of local anesthesia.
- The surgeon will make a small, painless incision inside the cheek.
- Then a small absorbable stitch will be passed across the cheek that will catch the under-surface of the skin where the dimple is desired.
- This stitch will then be tied to create a dimple in the overlying skin of the cheek.
Proper post-operative care is very important for successful procedures and smooth recovery. Our plastic surgeon will give you a thorough list of post-surgical instructions. Here are some common ones.
- Use ice packs or cold compresses to get rid of swelling, bruising, and discomfort.
- Complete the course of prescribed antibiotics.
- Rinse your mouth regularly with an antiseptic solution.
- Eat soft food like pudding and soup.
- Popsicles are also effective for numbing the inner cheek after the procedure and will minimize pain.
- You will be able to return to your work the next day after surgery but avoid strenuous activities and exercise for a couple of days.
Dimple creation Dubai is a short procedure that carries a lot of benefits. Some of its benefits include:
- Makes your smile and facial appearance more attractive.
- Relatively short and painless procedure.
- Safe and effective.
- Causes minimal swelling and bruising and there are very rare chances of infection.
- The procedure does not require downtime.
- Significantly boosts your self-esteem and confidence.
- Reversible if desired.
The recovery phase of dimple plastic surgery is different for every patient but mostly it is very smooth and comfortable.
- You will experience slight pain and discomfort but these effects will subside quickly.
- You will be free to eat or drink anything after surgery.
- The stitches will dissolve in about a week.
- The swelling will subside completely in a few days.
- You will be able to resume your normal activities after the surgery.
- The healing period is between 7 to 10 days.
Dimple Creation Results
At first, dimple will appear even without facial animation but after a couple of days or weeks, you will have the dimple only while smiling or moving the face. The scarring between the musculature and inner skin will cause a permanent dimple even after the stitch is absorbed. The results of dimple creation are permanent but the procedure is completely reversible.
Dimple Creation FAQs
What is dimple creation?
Dimple creation also known as dimpleplasty is a minor surgical procedure used to create dimples on your chin or cheeks. Local anesthesia is used to perform the procedure.
For whom the treatment is suitable?
The treatment is suitable for anyone who wants to get one or more dimples.
How long is the procedure?
Almost 20-30 minutes are required to complete the procedure.
Is it effective?
Yes, the procedure is effective. Almost all of our patients are happy with the amazing results.
Is the procedure painful?
The procedure isn’t painful at all because anesthesia is administered to reduce the pain or discomfort.
When can I resume my daily routine? When my stitches will be removed?
Your stitches will be removed within 7 days. However, you may resume your daily routine after taking rest for 2-3 hours.
Can I have a dimple of exact depth, shape, and dimensions?
It is nearly impossible to predict the accurate dimension, shape, depth, or size of your dimples. However, the majority of our patients are satisfied with the outcomes.
Which anesthesia is administered?
Local Anesthesia is administered during the procedure.
What is the recovery time?
1 Week is usually required to recover from the procedure.
What is the success rate of this procedure?
The success rate is very high.
How Much Does Dimple Creation Cost?
The dimple creation surgery cost in Dubai varies from patient to patient based on the number of dimples desired by the individual. On average, the dimple surgery cost starts from AED 4000. You should consult with an expert to know the exact cost.
If you are looking to get dimple surgery in Dubai to enhance your facial appearance, Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic is your way to go. To book a consultation with our experienced surgeons, fill in the consultation form given below and get an expert opinion. We offer a free initial consultation to our patients who are interested in getting the treatment.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest