Eyes are the most delicate part of the body, and the Centre of attraction. They are the first thing that will be noticed about you. It is only natural to feel unease and embarrassment if your eyes have dark circles around them.
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Local or Topical Anesthesia
Very high Success Rate
Dark circles are a common problem today because of increase in sleep disorders, working at night shifts, and stressful lifestyles. They are pigmented areas around the eyes, usually brown or purple in color differing from the rest of the complexion. This makes them a sore to the eyes, not only to the sufferer but to those that look at him/her.
Signs & Symptoms
Dark circles are not a sign of any serious medical condition in most of the cases and they do not have any specific signs and symptoms. Dark circles under the eyes are a common problem of men and women, although they can be occasionally seen in children as well. They appear as dark patches beneath the eyes.
Dark Circles Causes
There are many factors that can cause dark circles around the eyes. They may be related to natural aging process, lifestyle or certain medical conditions. Some common causes of dark circles include:
- Disappeared or fallen fat beneath the eyes.
- Loss of collagen.
- Thinning and sagginess of skin below the eyes.
- Use of alcohol and caffeinated drinks.
- Poor diet.
- Rubbing or scratching eyes.
- Exposure to the sun.
- Lack of sleep.
- Deficiency of iron or vitamin.
- Kidney disorders.
- Cardio vascular insufficiency.
- Atopic dermatitis.
- Nasal congestion.
Dark Circles Treatments
Many treatment options are available for dark circles. Some effective ones include:
- Topical eye creams: Topical creams containing skin lightening or bleaching agents are an effective method to reduce dark circles around the eyes. Topical creams are effective for the dark circles caused by pigmentation disorders or sun damage.
- Chemical peels: This treatment is effective for the treatment of dark circles caused by hyperpigmentation. They remove the dark circles by reducing pigment and boosting the collagen production. Mostly, TCA and glycolic acid chemical peels are used for the treatment of dark circles.
- Dermal fillers: Injectable fillers are effective for the reducing the appearance of dark circles caused by thinning of skin or fat loss. Hyaluronic acid fillers are generally used for treating dark circles. Dermal fillers are effective treatment for dark circles but their results are temporary and need to be repeated.
- IPL treatment: IPL therapy is beneficial for purple and blue dark circles caused by visible blood vessels. It uses light energy to make vessels less visible, which reduces the appearance of dark circles.
- Laser treatment: This is another effective treatment for dark circles. Laser energy reduces the appearance of dark circles by tightening the sagging skin and promoting the collagen production, which improves the tone and texture of skin beneath eyes. It also resurfaces the skin, which helps to eliminate fine lines on lower eyelids and brown spots. Various kinds of lasers are available and fractional CO2 is used for reducing appearance of dark circles around the eyes.
- Mesotherapy treatment: Mesotherapy treatment can effectively reduce dark circles under the eyes and bags under the eyes. Its multiple sessions can give amazing results.
Mesotherapy treatment for dark circles does not require any downtime and you will be able to return to your normal regimen immediately after the procedure. However, you may experience some temporary side effects. You may feel burning and soreness immediately after the procedure. Burning is the most common side effect that subsides in a couple of days. As the area under the eyes is very delicate and sensitive, so you will have to take proper care after mesotherapy treatment.
Some common post-procedure instructions for mesotherapy treatment include:
- Use ice packs or cold compresses to minimize discomfort and bruising.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure.
- Wear strong sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful rays of sun.
- Drink plenty of water.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest