Whatever breast related problem you face, it is always advisable to choose the cosmetic surgery clinic, and the plastic surgeon carefully. It is recommended to choose a board-certified plastic surgeon for all breast related treatments. This means the surgeon has the right qualification and experience to treat your problem in the best possible way.
- 1. *Facts You Must Know
- 2. Areola Reduction Candidates
- 3. Treatment Goals
- 4. Treatment Techniques
- 5. Pre-op Preparation
- 6. Treatment Procedure
- 7. Complications
- 8. Our Surgeons
- 9. Treatment Benefits
- 10. Treatment Recovery
- 11. Post-op Care
- 12. Outcomes
- 13. Free Consultation
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very high Success Rate
Areola Reduction Candidates
In order to qualify as a perfect candidate for this procedure, you as a patient must fulfill the criteria set by doctors. Although the criteria vary from person to person, only the surgeon you are seeing will be able to inform you about it. To help you understand the treatment better, we have listed down some important points about what the criteria involved. These include but are not limited to;
- You do not have any skin disease.
- You are 18 years or older.
- You are in good mental and physical health.
- You have too large, uneven, and irregular nipples.
- You do not drink alcohol or are able to quit before the procedure.
- You do not smoke or are able to quit before the procedure.
- You have realistic expectations regarding the results of the procedure.
The treatment is very beneficial and aims at achieving plenty of goals. Some of the notable goals are listed below;
- To restore your self-esteem.
- To avoid any scarring.
- To reduce extra large nipples.
- To make uneven nipples proportional.
- To give irregular nipples a standard shape.
- To take away your worries and embarrassment.
- To make you comfortable in your clothing.
The treatment is not a sophisticated one, therefore the surgeon generally makes use of only one technique. Small incisions are made below the nipples to remove extra skin. By removing extra skin, the size of the nipple is reduced. Since stitches are made under the nipple, the scars will be invisible.
For the procedure to be a success, the patient will have to follow instructions from the doctor. These instructions for typical breast surgery for areola reduction include but are not limited to the following;
- Using only the medication prescribed by your doctor.
- If you are a smoker, quit smoking before the surgery.
- Do not use any medication without consulting your doctor.
- If you drink alcohol, please stop before the treatment.
- Discuss with your surgeon any risks involved and then make up your mind.
The surgery is normally performed on a ‘see and treat’ method. By ‘see and treat’ we mean the surgeon will be able to perform the procedure on the day of the first consultation. The treatment is performed under local anesthesia and you will not experience any discomfort during the treatment. If you prefer not to be awake during the operation, you can ask for general anesthesia.
This is a relatively simple procedure and it often takes around 20 minutes to treat each nipple. The likelihood of the treatment is that the person may not be able to breastfeed again. An areola reduction surgery is a short and simple procedure that involves very less scarring. The treatment is performed in such a way that the scars hide underside the nipple.
There are a number of risks related to areola and nipple reduction. You need to consider them before making any decision regarding surgery. All surgical procedures have so many risks. These risks can be reduced by following those instructions which are provided by your plastic surgeon. Following is a list of the possible risks. Have a look!
- Wound separation
- Loss of sensitivity permanently
- Failure to breastfeed
The benefits you get from this procedure depend on the nature of your problem and the desired results in your mind. You should expect the following benefits;
- Reduction of the areola without major scarring.
- Minor scars are generally hidden under the areola.
- The patient quickly recovers after the treatment.
- Makes both of the nipples proportional and even.
- Carefully reduces the size of the nipples to a certain level.
- The treatment is short and can be taken on the day of consultation.
- Makes you confident about your body and enhances your self-esteem.
Like all other surgeries, an areola reduction procedure also has some side effects. It takes some time to fully recover after the procedure is successfully performed. The recovery process is quite quick in areola reduction surgery. You might experience some mild discomfort following the surgery but it can be handled with the help of medication.
The absorbable stitches used in this surgery will fall out naturally after 7 to 10 days. After a week, your dressings will be removed but you will have some swelling for 2 to 3 weeks. Although you will be able to observe the results with the passage of time, you will see the final results after 4 to 6 weeks.
Different people receive a different set of instructions form the surgeon. You will have to follow instructions from your surgeon.
- Take great care of the treated area.
- Do not exercise until you completely get well.
- Do not do any strenuous activities until you completely get well.
- Regularly take the medication prescribed by the doctor.
- Visit your surgeon if you observe any unusual pain or secretion in the treated area.
Areola and nipple reduction surgery provides you with permanent results. The results will be instantly noticeable once the bandages have been removed. It may take quite a few months to settle the soft tissue of breasts and for final outcomes to become apparent.
To get optimal results, it is most important to maintain your treated areolae and nipples. A soft bra is recommended to use during exercise. Keep in contact with your plastic surgeon. If you have any concern after your surgery then do not hesitate to consult your doctor.
Please do not hesitate to call us anytime if you have any question for us. If you are interested in knowing more about this treatment and its cost, do not hesitate to contact us. If you want to directly speak to one of our board-certified plastic surgeons in the UAE, feel free to sign up for a free online consultation tailored to your needs with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest