The pigmented area around the nipples is known as the areola. It varies in shape, color, and size. Many women have large and differently sized areolas. However, if you are not happy with your large-sized areolas, you can undergo Areola Reduction in Dubai. It is a surgical procedure that reduces the diameter of your areolas.
Table of Contents
Areola Reduction Candidates
In order to qualify as a perfect candidate for areola breast reduction surgery, you as a patient must fulfill the criteria set by surgeons. Although the criteria vary from person to person, only the surgeon you are seeing will be able to inform you about it. To help you understand the treatment better, we have listed down some important points about the candidacy criteria. You can be a good candidate if you;
- Do not have any skin disease.
- Are 18 years or older.
- Have good mental and physical health.
- Have too large, uneven, and irregular nipples.
- Do not drink alcohol or are able to quit before the procedure.
- Do not smoke or are able to quit before the procedure.
- Have realistic expectations regarding the results of the procedure.
Areola Reduction surgery aims at improving the appearance of large or long nipples to enhance the overall appearance of the breasts. The procedure is quick and simple and can be performed on both men and women.
Areola reduction aims to;
- Restore your self-esteem.
- Avoid any scarring.
- Reduce extra large nipples.
- Make uneven nipples proportional.
- Give irregular nipples a standard shape.
- Take away your worries and embarrassment.
- Make you comfortable in your clothing
The areola reduction treatment is not a sophisticated procedure, therefore the breast surgeon generally makes use of only one technique. Small incisions are made below the nipples to remove extra skin. By removing extra skin, the size of the nipple is reduced. Since stitches are made under the nipple, the scars will be invisible.
For the procedure to be a success, the patient will have to follow instructions given by the surgeon. The instructions for areola reduction in Dubai include but are not limited to the following;
- Only use the medications that are prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not use any medication without consulting with your doctor.
- Discuss the risks involved with your surgeon and then make up your mind.
The surgery is normally performed on a ‘see and treat method. By ‘see and treat’ we mean the surgeon will be able to perform the procedure on the day of the first consultation. The treatment is performed under local anesthesia and you will not experience any discomfort during the treatment. If you prefer not to be awake during the operation, you can ask for general anesthesia.
This is a relatively simple procedure and often takes around 30 minutes to treat each nipple. The likelihood of the treatment is that the patient might not be able to breastfeed again. An areola reduction surgery in Dubai is a quick procedure that involves very little scarring. The treatment is performed in such a way that the scars hide under the nipple.
The benefits you get from areola reduction in Dubai depend on the nature of your problem and the desired results in your mind. You should expect the following benefits;
- Reduction of the areola without major scarring.
- Minor scars are generally hidden under the areola.
- The patient quickly recovers after the treatment.
- Makes both the nipples proportional and even.
- Carefully reduces the size of the nipples to a certain level.
- The treatment is short and can be taken on the day of consultation.
- Makes you confident about your body and enhances your self-esteem.
Like all other surgeries, an areola reduction procedure also takes some time for complete recovery. You might experience some mild discomfort following the surgery but it can be handled with the help of medication.
The absorbable stitches used in this surgery will fall out naturally after 7 to 10 days. After a week, your dressings will be removed but you will have some swelling for 2 to 3 weeks. You will observe the results with the passage of time as it can take 4 to 6 weeks for the final results to appear.
Different people receive different sets of instructions from the surgeon that must be followed. Some common post-op instructions are;
- Take great care of the treated area.
- Do not exercise until you get well completely.
- Do not perform any strenuous activities until you get well completely.
- Regularly take the medications prescribed by the doctor.
- Visit your surgeon if you observe any unusual pain or secretion in the treated area.
Areola reduction surgery provides you with permanent results. The results will be instantly noticeable once the bandages have been removed. It may take quite a few months for the soft breast tissues to settle and for final outcomes to become apparent.
To get optimal results, it is most important to maintain your treated areolae and nipples. A soft bra is recommended to be used during exercise. Keep in contact with your breast surgeon. If you have any concerns after the surgery, do not hesitate to consult with your doctor.
How Much Does Areola Reduction Cost?
The areola reduction cost in Dubai varies from patient to patient depending on the severity of the problem and the condition of your breasts. At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, the average starting price of areola reduction is AED 10,000. You should consult with our experts to know the exact cost of the treatment.
Please do not hesitate to call us anytime, if you have questions regarding the areola reduction in Dubai. You can schedule an appointment with our expert surgeons if you are interested in knowing more about the procedure, its recovery, and its cost. We have some world-class and board-certified plastic surgeons in the UAE. Fill in the form given below to get a free consultation with one of our plastic surgeons now.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest