Often, burn victims need reconstructive surgery to get rid of the scars left after the burning wounds have healed, which in very severe cases can take up to two years. The painfully slow restoration process can turn the patient’s world upside down especially if it involves the face, hands or other visible areas of the body. In this case, burn reconstructive surgery can do wonders for you.
Burn reconstructive surgery in Dubai can save such patients from the devastating effects of trauma by taking charge of burn cases from the very beginning. If a burn case is tackled by a reconstructive plastic surgeon immediately after the burn occurs, it can be most satisfactorily treated.
Table of Contents
How much does Burn Reconstructive Surgery cost?
The cost of burn reconstructive surgery in Dubai varies from patient to patient depending upon the severity of the burn. Visit the burn reconstructive surgery cost page to know how much the surgery will cost you or consult with our surgeon.
Stages of Burn Reconstructive Surgery
The whole reconstruction process is often divided into the following three stages:
Immediate Reconstructive Surgery
It involves on-the-spot treatment and surgery for the initial burn. At this stage, the surgeon will operate with the foresight of an attainable goal for the final form and function of the affected area.
Early Reconstructive Surgery
This stage involves any surgery or treatment given to the patient within the first six months following the burn injury while the scars are still immature. Many patients request reconstructive surgery for burns at this stage.
Late Reconstructive Surgery
This is the stage in which burn scars become mature or appear to have taken permanent unsightly shape. Often, burn patients at this stage require fewer surgeries. Generally, reconstructive efforts made at this stage are more successful.
Preparative measures are essential to get the best possible results from burn reconstructive surgery in Dubai. Following are some guidelines that you need to follow.
- Avoid using aspirin or other blood thinners.
- Let your doctor know about your medical history, allergies, and goals.
- Keep yourself safe from direct sun exposure. Use a quality sunblock if you need to go out in day time.
- Get all your lab tests done (prescribed only).
Recovery from burns has three aspects:
- Patients often want to get their old normal appearance back with all the burn scars totally removed. This is an unrealistic goal for reconstructive plastic surgery given the current state of technology. The patient must be ready for at least a small compromise. Any inflated expectations on their part will lead to dissatisfaction with the best treatment available.
- Patients also want to have the functionality of the affected organ restored. This is what the surgeon views as one of his primary objectives. However, the degree of success in this regard largely depends on what can be possibly achieved in a given condition than on the state of the technology or the surgeon’s expertise.
- Patients need help to recover psychologically. While professional assistance may be required in very severe cases, most patients require a compassionate surgeon and a decent staff who is trained to be sensitive towards the patients’ emotional needs.
At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, we go out of the way to meet your expectations in a reasonable manner.
Follow-up sessions are necessary to maintain the results. Just getting a treatment carefully is not enough to get the best possible results, you also have to get your follow-up sessions. These sessions allow you and your surgeon to know how the recovery process is going and what should you do to treat any kind of infection.
You may expect constructive results from reconstructive surgery for burns. However, you have to wait for a few weeks or even months to observe the final results.
Book A Free Consultation
If you are a burn patient looking to get burn reconstructive surgery in Dubai, contact us today to book your free consultation session personally with one of our American board-certified plastic surgeons. Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic welcomes all individuals who want to get rid of their burn scars and wish to live a quality life. Just fill in the form given below and one of our staff members will get back to you to book your appointment.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest