Often, burn victims need reconstructive surgery to get rid of the scars after the wounds have healed, which in very severe cases can take up to two years to fully recover. The painfully slow restoration process can turn the patient’s world upside down especially if it involves the face, hands or other visible areas of the body. Visit the Cost Page to know how much the surgery will cost you.
- 1. *Facts You Must Know
- 2. Immediate Reconstructive Surgery
- 3. Early Reconstructive Surgery
- 4. Late Reconstructive Surgery
- 5. Preparation
- 6. Followup
- 7. Complications
- 8. Outcomes
- 9. Doctors
- 10. Book Free Consultation
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very high Success Rate
Burn reconstructive surgery can save such patients from the devastating effects of the trauma by taking charge of burn cases from the very beginning. If a burn case is tackled by a reconstructive plastic surgeon immediately after the burn occurs, it can be most satisfactorily treated as the surgeon will be able to strategically plan the whole recovery process.
Burn recovery process is often divided into the following three stages:
Immediate Reconstructive Surgery
This involves the on-the-spot treatment and surgery for the initial burn. At this stage the surgeon will operate with the foresight of an attainable goal for the final form and function of the affected area.
Early Reconstructive Surgery
This stage involves any surgery or treatment given to the patient within the first six months following the burn injury while the scars are still immature. Many burn patients request a reconstructive plastic surgery in this stage.
Late Reconstructive Surgery
This is the stage in which burn scars become mature or appear to have taken permanent unsightly shape. Often, burn patients in this stage require fewer surgeries as often some difficulty is already rehabilitated with time. Generally, reconstructive efforts made in this stage are more successful.
Preparative measures are essential to get best possible results from this surgical procedure. Following are some guidelines that you need to follow.
- Avoid using aspirin or other blood thinners.
- Avoid smoking. It will be helpful in healing.
- Let your doctor know about your medical history, allergies, and goals.
- Keep yourself safe from direct sun-exposure. Use a quality sunblock if you need to go out in day time.
- Done with lab tests (prescribed only).
Recovery from burns has three aspects:
- Patients often want to get their old normal appearance back with all the burn scars totally removed. This is an unrealistic goal for reconstructive plastic surgery given the current state of technology. The patient must be ready for at least a small compromise. Any inflated expectations on their part will lead to dissatisfaction with the best treatment available.
- Patients want also to have the functionality of the affected organ restored. This is what the surgeon views as one of his primary objectives. However, the degree of success in this regard largely depends more on what can be possibly achieved in a given condition than on the state of the technology or the surgeon’s expertise.
- Patients need help to recover psychologically. While a professional assistance may be required in very severe cases, most patients fare well with a compassionate surgeon a decent staff who is trained to be sensitive to the patents’ emotional needs.
At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery we go all out to meet your expectations in a reasonable manner.
Followup sessions are necessary to maintain the results. Just getting a treatment carefully is not enough to get best possible results, but you also have to get your followup sessions. These sessions allow you and your surgeon to know how recovery process is going and what should you do to treat any kind of infection or other things.
All kinds of surgeries come with some kind of risks. These risks can be because of individual differences or any other reason. Some of the risks that you may face as a result of getting this procedure include;
- Anesthesia risks
- Excessive bleeding
- Surgery issues
- Issue in wound healing
If you want to avoid these complications, then you should avoid smoking and follow guidelines provided by your surgeon.
You may expect constructive results from this surgical procedure. However, you have to wait for a few weeks or even months to observe final results.
Book Free Consultation
If you have a burn patient who needs to know his or her options for the best possible results, contact us today to book your free consultation session personally with one of our American Board Certified Plastic Surgeons.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest