As a result of genetics or puberty, certain changes occur all over the body, out of which acne is of a particular nuisance. People find acne unappealing, and an effort to remove them by hand causes further irritation, the spread of bacteria, and acne scarring. The condition remains untreated, and the scars look worse than the acne itself, ruining one’s facial appearance. The good news is that we can get rid of acne scars with effectiveness with the help of an acne scar treatment. This article will discuss some of the best acne scar removal treatments that can produce effective results.
Read more to find out!
Causes of Acne Scars
- Pores above and below the skin become clogged with dirt, sweat, dead skin, or sebum that increase bacterial growth, causing acne.
- Lack of skin hygiene or exposure to irritants for long periods of time damages the skin.
- Low levels of collagen production in the skin due to dietary or genetic deficiency inhibit the body’s ability to regenerate healthy skin.
Candidates for Acne Scar Treatment
Anyone who has acne scarring from mild to acute conditions can undergo various treatments for acne scars. The treatment recommended to every individual will vary depending on numerous factors. Hence, it is necessary to consult a dermatologist if you wish to get rid of your scars and acne for good. Only he can tell whether you are the right candidate for the treatment or not.
There are various treatment options available that can refresh your skin by removing blemishes of acne scars and revitalizing it. Some of them are mentioned below;
- Microdermabrasion is a process that removes the upper layer of skin, which contains dirt, clogged pores, dead skin, and acne scars through exfoliation. Using state-of-the-art technology, tools, and crystals for various skin types, healthier skin is encouraged to grow again and replace the top layer, gradually removing scars and blemishes.
- Laser skin resurfacing with fractional CO2 laser technology is currently the most popular and effective treatment option for acne scars. By resurfacing the skin evenly and boosting collagen and elastin growth, this method induces a healthier top layer to grow and replace marks on the old skin.
- Chemical peels and topical creams are also effective in resurfacing the skin without causing any discomfort. They include minimum risks and are more suitable for mild scarring on all skin types.
Acne Scar Removal Creams
A simple routine of cleaning and treating your skin with steam twice a day before applying creams can also remove a major acne and scarring part. By allowing your pores to open through steam treatment, you can apply the following creams to get good results.
Hydroquinone works by alleviating scars in terms of pigmentation. Hydroquinone can be purchased over the counter and is obtainable through a doctor’s prescription, depending on the strength you are looking for. Hydroquinone creams comprising 2% active ingredients can be bought over the counter, whereas those with a maximum of 4% active ingredients can only be received through prescription. This cream’s effectiveness can be enhanced by applying SPF sunscreen whenever going outdoors and avoiding sun exposure. Tanning is also a no-no when using this cream. Since this cream contains peroxide bleaching compounds, it can cause temporary darkening of the skin if not used properly.
Mederma is a good remedy for acne, burn, and surgery scars, as well as stretch marks. Mederma contains SPF that shields your scars from ultraviolet exposure of the sun. Mederma can be obtained easily from over the counter since it does not require a prescription. Once you are done with cleansing skin, it is advised to apply the cream and let it soak, especially when going out. Let it soak for half an hour. If you are going outside for an extended period of time or partaking in swimming or some water sport, it is recommended to reapply the cream every two hours.
The Bottom Line
Mentioned above are some of the most effective acne scar removal creams that can offer the desired results without causing any pain. However, it is not recommended to use any cream without consulting a dermatologist. Moreover, if you are interested in undergoing any cosmetic procedures, visit Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic for expert advice and get a free consultation. Just fill the form below and book your appointment.