Intravenous (IV) vitamin therapy has become quite popular. It is administering minerals and vitamins directly into the bloodstream allowing 100% absorption. It is the fastest way to give the body the needed nutrition by bypassing the digestive process.
Hospitals have being using IV therapies for decades treating dehydrated people and those who are too sick to eat. The vitamin therapies are customized to each individuals specific needs.
The Ideal candidate for IV vitamin therapy
Anybody can benefit from IV vitamin therapy. Apart from replenishing vitamins and minerals in the body it also treats hydration, headaches, flus, colds, morning sickness, seasonal allergies, hangovers and fatigue. It also treats chronic ailments.
Benefits of IV vitamin therapy
- The results are immediate. While it takes a number of hours for the food that you eat to digest completely and be absorbed in the body with IV therapy the effects are almost immediately. You will be more energized and with an improved mood.
- Less pill reliance. Once you start doing the customized IV therapy your reliance on pills will go down. There won’t be any need to be popping those nutritional supplement pills several times a day.
- Energy Booster. It is an immediate energy booster especially for people who suffer from chronic fatigue, depression, anxiety or respiratory illness. It also boosts the immune system.
- Guaranteed vitamin absorption. Some medical ailments block the body from absorbing the needed nutrients from food. With IV therapy it is a guarantee that the vitamins are completely absorbed into the bloodstream and are utilized by the body immediately.
- Customized treatments. The IV therapies are customized according to the needs of your body.
- Immediate rehydration. Hydration is optimal for the body as it supports vital organ functions. IV therapy is the best form of rehydration known because it rehydrates the body immediately. This prevents ailments such as constipation, kidney stones and muscle damage.
- Preventive therapy. Although this is still being researched but results show that IV therapy helps in building immunity. Chronic conditions such as migraines and respiratory illness are being prevented from advancing any further by IV therapy.
- Fast treatment. The treatment time for most IV vitamin therapies are done in under one hour hence you won’t be pressed for time and you will be relaxed and in a comfortable environment.
Other benefits include;
- Improved the quality of skin to a much better one
- Reduced stress symptoms
- Improved depression symptoms
- Great for athletes because of its short recovery time
IV vitamin therapy should be administered by a certified practitioner. Getting the therapy on an empty stomach causes nausea so make sure to eat something before commencing on the treatment. The administration of magnesium rapidly can lead to low blood pressure (hypotension). In case this happens the therapy is stopped till the symptoms resolve then the IV can be administered more slowly.