Hair transplants have progressed a lot in recent years. Techniques have advanced to a point where you cannot differentiate transplanted hair from real hair. But, some individuals cannot undergo surgical hair restoration due to various reasons. Some of the reasons are given below:
- Women usually suffer from a diffused hair loss
- There is a lack of hair on the donor’s site
- Due to illnesses such as diabetes etc
- If women are breastfeeding or pregnant
In such conditions, there is another non-surgical alternate that can help fight hair loss or baldness. It is known as hair replacement. In this blog, we will discuss this option in detail, along with its merits and demerits.
What can help?
Hair replacement is an excellent option in any of the scenarios mentioned above. It is a broad term that covers a variety of hair restoration methods. The one we are going to talk about is wigs and toupees.
There are two kinds of hair replacement methods: one uses synthetic hair, and the other uses human hair. Human hairpieces tend to get more expensive than synthetic ones because they look more natural.
Now, let’s discuss a few benefits that make this option stand out:
Top 2 Merits
- Normally with hair transplantation, you cannot customize the length you want. You have to shave your entire head first. And then, wait for it to regrow for years until it reaches the desired length. Wigs and toupees, on the other hand, can be customized to your liking. You can choose the cut, color, length, and even volume.
- The results are instant. If you are an impatient person, a hair transplant is probably not for you.
Top 2 Demerits
- The first and most obvious downside is that it doesn’t help your actual hair. It only provides the illusion. When you put a hairpiece on, you can rock the world, but you are bald when it’s off.
- The second demerit is the one that indeed concerns most individuals, and that is the unnatural look. Although some of the wigs are no less than a work of art, others look tacky and unnatural. It is crucial to choose the right one.
What should I Choose?
Well, it depends. If you are financially secure, then, by all means, opt for a hair transplant as it will treat the underlying problem and help you regrow natural hair. However, if you have a condition that doesn’t allow you to undergo hair restoration, you can always resort to hairpieces. You should contact the best clinic for hair transplants, like Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, because they have all the latest equipment and facilities that ensure world-class patient care. You can schedule your appointment with a surgeon to get his expert opinion. Good Luck with your hair revival journey!