Using chemical peels for skin rejuvenation is a known procedure now. They remove the outermost layer of the skin that is damaged and promote healthy skin growth. There are different types of peels and one such type is known as Mandelic Acid Peel. It is a gentle chemical peel that is used to address skin problems like acne, aging skin, and hyper-pigmentation.
Mandelic peel in Dubai contains a natural chemical peeling agent known as mandelic acid which is mostly used for sensitive skin and dark skin tones. Just like all the other peels, mandelic peels also come in different strengths. They accelerate cell turnover and reduce the occurrence of fine lines, blemishes, acne scars, or dark patches.
What is Mandelic Acid?
Mandelic acid is a skin exfoliator that belongs to the alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) group and is derived from bitter almonds. It is undoubtedly a powerful yet gentle exfoliator that breaks the bond between dead cells found at the surface of the skin. This is the reason that mandelic acid is a major ingredient in over-the-counter skin care products and chemical peels.
As compared to other chemical peels with salicylic, glycolic, and lactic acids, mandelic acid peels have low strength but they produce long-lasting results.
Mandelic Peel Benefits
Mandelic peel Dubai has a wide range of benefits which are mentioned below;
- It reduces dark spots.
- It improves and enhances skin texture.
- It unclogs the skin pores.
- It effectively lightens skin tone.
- It is beneficial for reducing fine lines and acne.
- It can be used for all skin types.
- It does not cause inflammation and is safe.
- It amplifies the cell turnover.
- It exfoliates the skin gently.
- Strong mandelic peels can also treat melasma.
Are you a Candidate?
Mandelic peels are suitable for everybody suffering from acne and hyper-pigmentation. However, they are more effective for people with sensitive or acne-prone skin. If you want to exfoliate your skin with less abrasive or gentle exfoliator then mandelic peels are the best procedure for you. People with sunburned or tanned should not use mandelic peels.
How to prepare for the procedure?
You need to follow the instructions mentioned below to prepare for mandelic acid peels in Dubai.
- Avoid using retinol or Retin-A at least 3-5 days before the treatment.
- Avoid any type of acidic treatment two weeks before getting the procedure.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure.
The procedure can be performed at a salon or medical spa by an aesthetician but only for superficial mandelic peels. For deeper peels, always visit a board-certified dermatologist. The professional application of mandelic peel is done in the following way;
- First of all, the face is cleaned.
- After that, a mandelic acid solution is applied to your face with the help of a gauge pad or fan brush.
- It is left on the skin for some time depending on your skin type.
- You might feel a tingling or burning sensation when the peel is setting on your skin.
- Then a neutralizer is used to remove the peel.
- In the end, hyaluronic acid is used to hydrate your skin and reduce the redness.
Mandelic acid peels Dubai work well when used with hyaluronic acid. Your skin will start flaking over the course of several days which reveals a brighter and healthier skin underneath. You will require multiple sessions of the treatment to get the desired results.
After getting the peel treatment, you need to take care of your skin. Follow these instructions for a smooth recovery.
- Avoid all the activities that make you sweat.
- Wear a strong sunscreen with SPF 30 or more.
- Protect your skin from the sun and the harmful Ultraviolet rays.
- Do not wax or shave the treatment area.
Mandelic Peel Results
The results do not appear immediately after the initial peel treatment. They appear slowly throughout the treatment. After the first session, you will observe that your skin is becoming softer, brighter and smoother. But when the final results appear, you will see a noticeable change in your skin. Mandelic peels Dubai & Abu Dhabi give effective results and remove all the fine lines and wrinkles on your face.
Even though mandelic acid peels are mild as compared to other peels, still there are a few side-effects associated with them. After all, it is an alpha hydroxy acid and they can cause some side-effects. The most common side-effects of mandelic peels are;
- Dry and flaky skin
Mandelic Peel Cost in Dubai
The cost varies from individual to individual depending on some variable factors which include the severity of the skin issue, your skin type, the expertise of the dermatologist and location of the clinic, etc. You should consult with an expert to know the exact cost according to your skin conditions.
Schedule a Free Consultation
If you are interested in having the mandelic peel treatment in Dubai, come visit our expert dermatologists. At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery®, we offer a free consultation to our patients. You can discuss all your concerns with them before making any decision. Fill in the form given below and get your appointment booked.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest