Factors That Can Cause Stretch Marks:
- Pregnancy: stretch marks are especially present on areas of the body that stretches profusely during pregnancy. Areas like the breasts, tummy area, thighs and arms are just some of the areas in the body of pregnant women that are prone to stretch marks. This is a very common during pregnancy especially if the person gains weight.
- Weight Gain: Teenagers and adolescents alike may have the possibility of stretch marks to appear in the body when weight gain is not controlled. Severe stretch marks can appear especially to obese individuals who have the tendency to lose weight and gain it back faster than when they gained it.
- Hormonal Changes: Glucocorticoid hormones can be one of the reasons for the appearance of stretch marks. This can affect the dermis by preventing the fibroblasts from forming collagen and elastin fibers which are necessary to keep the rapid growth of tight skin.
Stretch Mark Treatments Available in Dubai:
- Dermatologists can prescribe over the counter topical oils and creams that can help prevent and help lessen the visibility of stretch marks.
- Other pregnant ladies believe that the use of moisturizers with the presence of cocoa butter can help with the elasticity of the skin which can lessen the appearance of stretch marks during and after pregnancy.
- Laser therapy is the best way to lessen the visibility of stretch marks on the skin. The best type of laser therapy than can be used as treatment for stretch marks is the pulsed dye laser treatment. This is best for treating early signs of stretch marks when they are still in the shade of red or purple. This type of treatment can be expensive and a person may need a number of sessions for the scars to be totally unnoticeable.
- Abdominoplasty is a type of surgical procedure that can help diminish large amount of stretch marks in the tummy area. This type of procedure is more famously known as a tummy tuck where excess skin and fats are removed and stretch marks in the tummy area are diminished at the same time.
Fill in the form to get Free Consultation