Stem cell therapy for hair loss is a minimally invasive hair restoration technique. It uses growth factors from the patient’s own body to increase circulation among scalp tissues and revive inactive hair follicles, aiming to reduce hair thinning and promote hair growth.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why is Stem Cell Therapy for Hair done?
- 2 Benefits
- 3 Who Is The Right Candidate For The Procedure?
- 4 How to Prepare for Stem Cell Therapy for Hair Growth
- 5 Stem Cell Therapy Procedure
- 6 Post-Op Care
- 7 Recovery
- 8 Results
- 9 Are There Any Side Effects to Stem cell therapy for hair growth?
- 10 How Much Does Stem Cell Therapy Cost in Dubai?
- 11 How often should the treatment be done?
- 12 Can stem cells stop balding?
- 13 What is the success rate of stem cell hair treatment?
- 14 Hair Transplant Surgeon
- 15 Consultation
Why is Stem Cell Therapy for Hair done?
To understand why your treatment provider may choose stem cell therapy to treat your hair loss, it would be pertinent to understand the essential role of stem cells. Stem cells are usually considered the body’s raw material due to their ability to divide into other cells with specific functions. This cell division process is called differentiation. Scientists in the medical domain have thoroughly studied this mechanism and found it significantly helpful in various applications, including hair loss treatment.
According to experts, injecting stem cells into the scalp supplies hair follicles with growth factors. This may reinforce the chemical signaling necessary to keep the follicles functional, promoting healthy hair production.
The potential benefits of stem cell therapy for hair loss in dubai
are as follows:
- It is a minimally invasive procedure.
- It usually requires minimal downtime.
- It has an overall reduced risk of side effects as the treatment uses the patient’s own stem cells.
- It may lead to healthy hair regrowth.
Who Is The Right Candidate For The Procedure?
You may be an ideal candidate for stem cell therapy for hair loss in dubai if:
- You experience hair thinning or loss due to aging, hormonal changes, or genetic factors.
- You have some hair on the scalp.
- You have realistic expectations of the treatment.
How to Prepare for Stem Cell Therapy for Hair Growth
Some general guidelines to follow before the procedure include the following:
- Stop taking your NSAIDs and blood-thinning medications.
- Avoid alcohol consumption and smoking for at least a day.
- Inform your doctor about your allergies or medical conditions.
Depending on your health and treatment goals, your treatment provider may give you detailed instructions.
Stem Cell Therapy Procedure
The procedure of stem cell therapy for hair growth may involve the following steps:
- The treatment providers commonly use liposuction to get stem cell-rich adipose fat tissues from the abdomen, thighs, or buttocks. Liposuction is usually performed through needle-puncture incisions.
- The extracted fat is sent to a lab where it is processed using centrifugation to separate stem cells. The lab experts then create an injectable suspension of those stem cells.
- The doctor injects the suspension into the planned sites in the scalp using very fine needles.
Diligent aftercare can increase the chances of successful stem cell therapy for hair growth. Your treatment provider may give you the following guidelines to follow after the procedure:
- Avoiding NSAIDs for at least six weeks
- Avoiding strenuous physical activity for about a week
Depending on your treatment particulars, your treatment provider may recommend more specific aftercare guidelines.
There will likely be some discomfort associated with stem cell therapy for hair loss, which is quite normal and doesn’t usually interfere with the daily routine. You may, however, need to take a day off work and have rest.
The results of stem cell therapy for hair are mostly noticeable in 6-8 months. These results are usually long-lasting but not permanent. The longevity of treatment results may vary from person to person.
Are There Any Side Effects to Stem cell therapy for hair growth?
Yes, there may be a few side effects, but they are usually minor and temporary. They may include redness, swelling, and bruising. These side effects usually subside in a few days.
How Much Does Stem Cell Therapy Cost in Dubai?
The cost of stem cell therapy for hair loss in dubai can vary from case to case, mainly depending on the severity of hair thinning and the extent of the treatment. You can book an appointment with our hair specialists at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic to obtain an accurate estimate of the treatment price or to acquire other details about the treatment procedure.
How often should the treatment be done?
You may need more than one session to get the desired results. The exact number of treatment sessions will depend on the degree of hair loss and your treatment goals.
Can stem cells stop balding?
Injected stem cells may help revive inactive hair follicles in the scalp, promoting hair production. Studies indicate that this treatment may help prevent male pattern baldness.
What is the success rate of stem cell hair treatment?
While more research is required to assess the treatment’s effectiveness accurately, the consensus of existing studies is encouraging. An Italian study on this treatment showed an average increase of 29% in hair density of the participants.
Hair Transplant Surgeon
If you are looking to undergo a hair loss treatment the stem cell therapy for hair loss in Dubai is right fit for you. Fill out the form below to book a free consultation with one of our experts. So, book your appointment now.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest