Using salicylic acid peel for skincare treatments is not a new approach in the aesthetic world. It has been used to treat pimples and acne for more than 2000 years. Being a superficial peeling agent, it deeply exfoliates the surface layers of skin. The salicylic acid used in these peels works by breaking the bond between the skin cells which leads to the shedding of the skin. As a result, the skin regenerates and is rejuvenated.
Salicylic peels in Dubai can be applied to the face, back, arms, and chest. They provide a gentle exfoliation experience as compared to other chemical peels.
What is Salicylic Acid?
Salicylic acid is a member of the beta-hydroxy acid group. Naturally, it is found in willow bark and wintergreen leaves but can be synthesized in labs too. It zaps the oil on the skin when used as a peel and helps you get rid of acne.
Types of Salicylic Peels
There are two types of salicylic peels based on their strength and concentration. A dermatologist will choose the concentration according to the treatment area. These types include;
Peels with below 20% concentration: Such types of peels are available in the form of creams, gels, and lotions. They can be used at home.
Peels with above 20% concentration: Only dermatologists can use peels with more than 20% concentration of salicylic acid. They are used in clinical procedures and you cannot use them at home.
Are you a Candidate?
You should not undergo salicylic acid peels if;
- You are pregnant
- You are allergic to salicylic acid
- You are having rashes, sunburn, skin allergy, or irritation.
Salicylic peels Dubai offer a variety of benefits which include;
- Reduction in acne and blackheads
- Removal of dead skin cells
- Reduction in skin dullness
- Unclogging open pores
- Exfoliation of sun-damaged skin
- Elimination of age spots
- Treatment of post-acne redness and inflammation
- Skin brightening and smoothening
Before getting salicylic acid peel in Dubai & Abu Dhabi, follow the instructions given below;
- Do not scrub, exfoliate or shave the skin at least 72 hours before the procedure.
- Avoid tanning and excess sun exposure.
- Do not wax your skin one week before the treatment.
- You need to avoid treatments like electrolysis and Dermabrasion before undergoing salicylic peels.
- Do not use products that contain glycolic acid, lactic acid, or vitamin A.
Always visit a highly qualified dermatologist, if you want to get stronger salicylic acid peels because they are effective for deep layers of skin. Strong and deep peels have 30-50% concentration of salicylic acid and are lower in pH which makes them more powerful than the light and medium strength peels. It is a quick procedure and is performed in the clinic in the following manner;
- First of all, your skin will be properly cleaned and a peel preparation solution will be applied to the skin with cotton balls.
- Your dermatologist might apply a bit of petroleum jelly to your lips and nostrils for the protection of these sensitive areas.
- After that, a salicylic acid solution will be applied to the targeted area.
- The solution stays on for approximately 3-5 minutes.
- You might feel a mild burning or stinging sensation during this stage of the procedure. Your practitioner might use a hand-held fan to cool your skin during the peel.
- After 3-5 minutes, the peel is neutralized by using water or a special solution.
- In the end, moisturizer is applied.
You might require multiple sessions of the treatment to attain the desired results. Therefore, consult with the dermatologist to know about the number of sessions required.
You need to follow the post-peel instructions to ensure a quick and smooth recovery after salicylic acid peel Dubai. These instructions include;
- During the initial few days, you will have to treat your skin gently.
- Wash it by using mild cleansers and apply moisturizers for dryness and flaking.
- Also, use sunscreen daily when you go out and avoid excessive sun exposure.
Soon after the peel, your skin will get red and might look tight. The stinging sensation will also last for a few hours after the procedure but it will be mild. You will experience flaking and skin peeling but it will subside within a week. No downtime is involved and you might feel mild dryness that can be managed with a moisturizing cream.
Overall, it is a safe procedure but the chances of side-effects increase when deeper peels are involved. The side-effects associated with strong salicylic peels include;
- Flaking or peeling
- Cold sores
- Abnormal lightening or darkening of the skin
Salicylic Acid Peels Cost in Dubai
The cost of salicylic acid peels depends on various factors like the concentration of peel, severity of your problem, your desired results, expertise of the dermatologist, and the location of the clinic. To know the exact cost, you should consult with the expert.
Schedule a Free Consultation
If you want to get salicylic peel in Dubai & Abu Dhabi, come visit our clinic. At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery®, our experts will examine your skin thoroughly before choosing the strength of the peel. You can consult with them for free to understand the details of the procedure. They will guide you about your skin type, the most suitable concentration of peel, and its benefits. You can also ask our dermatologists about the cost of the treatment. Just fill in the form below and book your appointment now.