Glycolic acid peel is a medium-strength chemical peel used to treat several skin conditions. The name indicates that it is made up of glycolic acid, an alpha-hydroxy acid sourced from sugar cane or sugar beet. A glycolic chemical peel improves the tone, texture, complexion, and overall appearance of the skin. Moreover, it is also effective against acne, and only a licensed dermatologist or cosmetologist should perform the treatment.
Table of Contents
Who can Get Glycolic Acid Peel?
Glycolic acid peel is generally considered safe for all skin types. However, people with sensitive skin, dark skin tone, or rosacea should use glycolic peels with great care. You should avoid these peels if you have skin infections or sunburns. The ideal candidates for glycolic acid peel in Dubai are those who have:
- Uneven skin tone
- Aging signs like wrinkles and fine lines
How does Glycolic Acid Peel for Acne Work?
Glycolic acid peel exfoliates the outer and middle skin layer by removing dead skin cells and debris. As glycolic acid is composed of small molecules, it can easily penetrate the skin and remove lipids that hold dead cells together. In addition to this, the glycolic acid also removes excess oil from the skin, thus reducing acne. Its ability to suppress melanin production also makes it beneficial against dark spots.
How to Prepare for a Glycolic Acid Peel?
Before getting glycolic peel for acne in Dubai, you should:
- Avoid all kinds of exfoliation products or treatments for one week.
- Stop wearing makeup for a few days before the appointment.
- Avoid excessive exposure to the sun.
- Wear sunblock if you have to go outside.
- Drink a lot of water to keep your skin hydrated.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Glycolic acid peel treatment is performed in the dermatologist’s office and is a quick procedure. The dermatologist utilizes 30 to 40% concentration of glycolic acid for peeling. The peel is applied to the skin that stays on only for two to three minutes during the treatment. Glycolic acid peel is also referred to as lunchtime peel because you can get it done during your break.
You might feel a minor tingling sensation during the treatment, but there are no severe burns or discomfort. Also, there is minimal downtime associated with the procedure.
After getting the glycolic acid peel, you should follow certain instructions to ensure successful and desired results. Some common instructions include:
- Keep your skin hydrated and moisturized.
- Protect your skin from the harmful sun and UV rays.
- Always wear a hat or use sunscreen.
- Avoid excessive exfoliation after getting the peeling treatment.
- Use cold water to wash your skin, not warm water.
- Do not pick at your blisters or scabs.
- Avoid wearing makeup or using products that make your skin dry.
Glycolic Acid Peel Benefits
Glycolic acid peel offers the following benefits:
- It helps reduce hyperpigmentation
- You get an even skin tone.
- It removes all the fine lines and wrinkles
- Your skin gets an extra glow and luster.
- It eliminates acne and scars from your skin.
- Glycolic acid peel is effective in treating melasma too.
The price of the glycolic acid peel depends on various factors like the strength of the peel, the clinic’s location, and the dermatologist’s expertise. Therefore, the glycolic acid peel cost in Dubai can vary from patient to patient based on their case. You should consult with a dermatologist to know the exact price of the treatment.
Schedule Your Consultation
If you want to get the best glycolic acid peel, visit Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic today. We have board-certified dermatologists and a state-of-the-art facility equipped with the latest equipment. You can consult with our skin specialists to know more about glycolic acid peels and their benefits. Please fill in the consultation form below or call us to book your appointment.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest