Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic is your destination for all healthcare and cosmetic needs, including laser hair removal. We are a top-rated provider offering effective laser hair removal solutions for both men and women. Men, in particular, often have specific hair removal needs that demand a blend of precise skill and exceptional expertise. Fortunately, we excel in both these areas.
Laser Hair Removal for Men
Laser hair removal is a cosmetic procedure that uses a concentrated beam of laser light to damage or disable hair follicles, inhibiting or delaying future hair growth. This procedure is becoming popular among males due to its ability to remove hair from the face and other body areas, including some hard-to-reach regions. Many men choose this procedure to achieve a more defined beard line.
How Does It Work?
Laser hair removal involves directing an intense light beam at the body area with unwanted hair. This light beam is absorbed by the hair’s dark color (melanin) and transforms into heat, damaging or destroying tube-shaped sacs (follicles) that produce hair. As a result, hair growth in the treated follicles is delayed or inhibited.
While laser hair removal can give you hair-free skin for long durations, the results do not last forever. Some hair may regrow, but it is generally lighter and less dense than before the treatment.
Benefits of Men’s Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal offers numerous benefits for men. Some of those benefits include the following.
- No need for frequent maintenance: You can reduce hair in the treated region significantly with only a few laser hair removal sessions. This means your body area that needs shaving every few days won’t need maintenance this frequently after the treatment. After just 3-4 sessions of laser hair removal, you may find that maintenance of the treated area becomes a minor task, maybe only once every six weeks.
- A prominent beard line: Laser hair removal can reduce rogue hair around your beard line, saving you from the daily hustle of shaving your neck to make your beard look proportionate.
- No ingrown hairs: Not only are ingrown hairs difficult to remove, but they may also be painful. They can also lead to scarring or folliculitis if left untreated. Laser hair removal reduces or even eliminates ingrown hair in the treated region, preventing the associated pain.
Areas That Can Be Treated
Men can go for laser hair removal to reduce unwanted strands in the following body areas:
- Facial areas and neck
- Shoulders and back
- Abdomen and chest
- Arms and legs
- Groin area
Preparing for the Treatment
You will get detailed instructions on preparing for laser hair removal during your initial consultation with the dermatologist. You will likely need to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Avoid sun exposure to prevent skin darkening. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen of at least SPF 30 before going out.
- Avoid tanning of all kinds for at least four weeks before the procedure.
- Avoid antibiotics or discuss your medication with your healthcare provider.
- Stop waxing, plucking, or depilating in the treatment areas.
- Do not bleach your hair, as it can reduce the amount of melanin necessary for effective hair removal.
- Allow your hair to grow fully 4-6 weeks before the treatment.
- Shave the treatment area 24 hours before the procedure.
- Clean the treatment area before going for the session.
Laser hair removal treatment is generally provided in sessions ranging from two to six. Some people may need more than six sessions for optimal results.
The laser hair removal procedure is performed with or without local anesthesia, depending on the patient’s pain threshold. The process involves using a handheld device that emits a laser beam. The tip of this device is usually equipped with a cooling instrument to soothe the warm pinprick-like sensation caused by the laser. If the device doesn’t have a cooling instrument, the dermatologist may apply a cooling gel after each pulse duration.
The duration of a laser hair removal session depends on the size of the treatment area. A small area, like the upper cheek, may take a few minutes, while a large area, such as the back or legs, may require more than an hour.
Vigilant aftercare is imperative to get the best results from laser hair removal. Here are the guidelines that men and women should follow after the treatment.
- Cleanse the treated area, but do it gently using mild soap. Pat the skin dry after every wash for at least 48 hours after the treatment.
- Avoid deodorants or other skin care products for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid sun exposure for about two months. Use sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher when going outdoors.
- Avoid scratching or picking at the treated area.
Side effects And Risks of Laser Hair Removal for Men
Laser hair removal side effects can be prevented if you follow care guidelines diligently before and after the treatment. The common risks and side effects of the treatment include:
- Temporary skin irritation, along with redness and swelling
- Temporary or permanent pigmentation changes, causing the treated skin area to lighten or darken
If you want to know more about hair removal for men before actually going through the treatment then feel free to contact Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic as we offer free online consultations with experts. We offer the best laser hair removal treatment to men looking to get their unwanted hair removed. All you need to do is fill the form below and you are good to go.