Dandruff on your scalp can be not only annoying, but embarrassing as well. It can be very tiring to keep digging deep into your pockets to buy products that are considered to be dandruff fighters, while in reality they never do the job. Since charity begins at home, why not get started on your dandruff war from the comfort of your own home?
A lot items in your home cabinets can play a very big role in getting rid of dandruff, something that highly publicized products in the market take long to accomplish.
What is dandruff?
Dandruff is a common and very difficult to treat scalp disorder. It is brought about by either dry scalp, psoriasis, eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, irritated scalp, not washing hair enough times or a fungus among other things.
If the cause of the dandruff on your scalp is unknown, then it would be very difficult for the remedies to work, including the tailor-made ones from the pharmacy.
Although these store-bought products for the dandruff on your scalp can help, sometimes buying them time and time again can become too expensive. To help you out, we at Hair Transplant Dubai we have come up with a few home remedies that will help clear your skin of these dry pale flakes from your hair and scalp.
- Apple cider vinegar (ACV): Other than using it on your salads or drinking it with honey and warm water for weight management, you can easily use ACV for dandruff management. After washing your hair as usual, mix two cups of ACV with two cups of water then give your hair and scalp a final wash. If you follow this routine three to four times a week, it would be adieu to dandruff within no time.
- Aspirin: Most people, I included, always have a pack of aspirin at hand to make sure that head ache does not annoy you more than required. But if you are suffering from dandruff, aspirin can also come in handy. Simply crush two caplets of aspirin and add to your regular shampoo. Use it to wash your hair but let it stay for three to five minutes. Rise then wash again to get rid of the aspirin residue. Aspirin works because it has salicylates,an active ingredient also found in your regular anti-dandruff shampoo.
- Hot oil treatment using olive oil: Since dandruff can also be as a result of a dry scalp, moisturizing it would play a big role in keeping the flakes at bay. For the hot oil treatment, simply warm up some olive oil in a bowl then massage on your scalp. Cover with a plastic cap and let it stay overnight. In the morning wash it off with your regular shampoo. Not only will you have a clean and moisturized scalp, your hair will also have a shiny bounce to it.
- Lemon juice: We all agree that lemon juice in a glass of water is very good for your health. But you can also use it to fight off dandruff from your scalp. Wash your hair as usual then massage some lemon juice on your scalp. Leave it in for 15 to 20 minutes then rinse it off. Repeat every day until your hair is free of dandruff.
- Pure aloe Vera: Apply aloe vera gel to your scalp then massage thoroughly making sure it covers your entire scalp. Let it stay for 15 to 20 minutes then wash your hair with your regular shampoo. You can repeat this three to four times a week.
- Wash more: If your dandruffs are as result of not washing your hair on a regular basis, then it is time to wash it as required to avoid the build-up of residue on your scalp.
Finally, always test your home-made remedy on a small patch on the back of your hand to make sure there is no irritation.
If your dandruff condition persists or becomes more prevalent, it is time to pay a visit to your dermatologist.