Also known as Mastopexy, breast lift surgery is usually done with the aim of repositioning the breast nipple and removing excess breast skin to make sure the surrounding breast tissues are tight and that they give your breasts a more contoured and perky look.
One may need a breast lift in Dubai due to a number of reasons that can make a woman’s breasts change over time. These reasons include breast feeding, weight fluctuations, pregnancy, aging, the pull of gravity, hormones, and genetics.
An easy way to find out if your breasts require a breast lift in Dubai is to put a pencil underneath your breasts to see if it stays there. If it does, then you surely need a Mastopexy in Dubai, if not, then you do not need one.
How a Mastopexy is done
After having a free consultation with one of our best plastic surgeons in Dubai, and you decide to go ahead with the procedure, this is what you are most likely to experience.
The breast lift in Dubai is done on an outpatient basis, meaning that you will not spend the night at the hospital (not unless there are complications which are very rare). General anesthesia will be used.
The plastic surgeon will then get rid of the extra skin and tissue that is causing your breasts to sag. This will lift your breasts to the predetermined position as well as repositioning the nipples and areola. The surgeon will then close up and bandage your breasts. Depending on the severity of the breast lift, the plastic surgeon might attach drains to your breasts.
After Mastopexy surgery
After the first day, you will have to go back to the plastic surgeon for a follow-up. During this first visit, he will remove the drains as well as check the blood supply to your breasts and if the color of the nipples is correct. The clinic will provide you with a surgical bra which you will wear throughout your recovery period.
During the first week, you will feel soar, which is expected; hence the plastic surgeon will prescribe some pain medication to take during this time. Also, you should avoid straining yourself, especially the breast area, since this might cause bleeding, and more swelling. A few days later the stitches will be removed, but you will remain with your support bra for some time.
What to expect
- A breast lift in Dubai will not increase the size of your breasts. The only thing it will change is the shape and contour that might have been lost over the course of the years.
- You can have breast implants at the same time you are having a breast lift.
- You can breast feed after undergoing a breast lift
- If you plan on losing weight or getting pregnant after undergoing the breast lift, it is advisable to do this before the surgery. This is because they might set the results of the surgery backwards, and you might need another breast lift surgery.
- Your nipples may lose a bit of sensation, but this will return after some time. It might be weeks or even months.
- There might be scarring afterwards, which will disappear over time.