Transurethral incision of the prostate (TUIP), commonly known as transurethral resection of bladder neck, is a technique used to treat urinary problems caused by an enlarged prostate. An enlarged prostate is medically known as Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). It is a condition in which the size of the prostate increases. TUIP is considered an effective minimally invasive treatment for BPH.
What is TUIP?
A transurethral incision of the prostate (TUIP) is performed by inserting a resectoscope into the tube carrying urine from the bladder. One or two small grooves are removed from the bladder neck area (the region where the prostate and bladder connect) to open the urinary tract. In this way, urine passes easily without any obstruction.
Why is TUIP done?
TUIP procedure reduces the symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia, which include the following;
- Frequent urination or urge to urinate
- Slow urination
- Difficulty in urination
- Infections in the urinary tract
- A feeling of not emptying the bladder
- Increased urination at night
- Stopping and starting again while passing urine
Transurethral incision of the prostate in Dubai also treats complications caused by a blockage in urine flow. Some of these major complications are;
- Recurrent infections in the urinary tract
- Damage to the kidney and bladder
- Blood in urine
- Formation of stones in the bladder
How to prepare for TUIP?
Your surgeon will provide some guidelines before performing TUIP in Dubai that will help you prepare your body. Some of these common instructions include;
- Avoid medicines that increase the risk of bleeding.
- Take prescribed antibiotics to prevent urinary tract infection
- Arrange someone to drive you home because you cannot drive after the procedure.
The TUIP procedure is a distinctive men’s health treatment that is performed under both general or local anesthesia. Also, it can be done on an outpatient basis, or you might require an overnight stay at the hospital. The following are the procedural steps involved;
- First, the surgeon puts numbing gel inside the urethra and numbs the prostate area with an injection.
- As the anesthesia shows its effects, the surgeon inserts a resectoscope into the penis tip, which is extended to the prostate area.
- The resectoscope has a lens or camera attached to it, a cutting device, and valves that release fluid to clean the treatment area.
- The surgeon makes one or two incisions on the inner area of the prostate using a resectoscope.
- A urinary catheter will be placed for smooth urine flow.
What to Expect After the Treatment?
After getting a transurethral incision of the prostate in Dubai, you will notice the following;
- Blood in the urine, but this condition lasts for a few days only.
- Annoying urinary symptoms including frequent urination, especially at night, or burning sensation at the penis tip. This condition lasts for about a week.
- You may also experience difficulty while holding urine. This incontinence occurs because the bladder gets used to pushing urine through a narrow urethra. However, this condition improves with time.
- Infections in the urinary tract because of the catheter.
How soon will the results appear?
It takes several weeks for the results to appear. You will have to wait to observe the positive improvements in your urinary symptoms.
Get a Consultation
If you face the urinary problems mentioned above, it’s high time to visit a doctor and get yourself checked. At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, we offer transurethral resection of bladder neck to treat conditions associated with an enlarged prostate. You can consult with our expert andrologists, and they will guide you in detail. You need to fill in the form given below for an appointment, and we will schedule your consultation.
Fill in the form to get a consultation
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest