Removing unwanted hair from the skin has never been an easy task. Several methods have been introduced with time, but none of them proved to be long-lasting. However, there is a treatment that can do wonders for you in this regard. It is none other than Permanent Laser Hair Removal. It is becoming more popular day by day because of its unique approach that does not harm your skin and stops the growth of hair permanently. Therefore, if you are sick and tired of all these unwanted skin hair then visit Dubai Cosmetic Surgery® to get the best laser hair removal at your earliest.
- 1. What is Laser Hair Removal?
- 2. Are You A Candidate?
- 3. Laser Technologies Used
- 4. Pre-op Preparation
- 5. Procedure
- 6. Aftercare
- 7. Benefits
- 8. Complications
- 9. Before and After
- 10. Our Doctors
- 11. What is the Cost of Laser Hair Removal?
- 12. Results
- 13. Laser Hair Removal FAQs
- 14. Free Consultation
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Before you opt for the treatment, you must be familiar with all the necessary details about the procedure. Laser hair removal Dubai involves removing hair with the help of a laser light which stops the hair follicles from growing hair again. As a result, you get a silky smooth skin without any trace hair. It can be used on any part of the body, e.g. arms, leg, chest, underarms or bikini line, etc.
Are You A Candidate?
Another important factor that must be considered while selecting the treatment is checking the candidacy for the procedure. Treatment is suitable for both men and women, providing desired results to both genders. Therefore, almost everybody tired of unnecessary hair can be a perfect candidate for this procedure. Especially, people with dark hair and light skin tone can be the ideal candidates for the treatment.
Laser Technologies Used
We use Diode Laser or GentleMax technology for laser hair removal in Abu Dhabi to accommodate a large demographic of skin and hair.
Our GentleMax laser (Candela) technology is a dual-wavelength laser platform. Candela’s GentleYag (ND Yag) combined with Alexandrite’s GentleLase can treat everything from unwanted hair to facial veins. This combination allows doctors to treat a wide variety of skin types and hair colors with minimum discomfort. The revolutionary technology for GentleMax is uniquely equipped with a cooling system to prevent skin burning and redness.
Apart from that we also make use of Diode laser technology. You will get to know which one is most suitable for you once you book in a free consultation or visit our clinic.
It can only be performed under the supervision of laser specialists. At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery, we provide all the pre-op guidance that is necessary for a successful treatment.
Mentioned below are some of the steps that must be followed before starting laser hair removal treatment.
- You need to shave the targeted area before the procedure so that the laser machine can work without any hindrance.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure and tanning for almost six weeks before the treatment. It is because laser treatment is photosensitive.
- You must not pluck or wax hair from the roots for almost four to six weeks prior to the treatment.
Permanent Laser Hair Removal can be done in a few simple steps that are mentioned below;
- First of all, the targeted area is cleaned using cotton swabs, and a numbing cream might be applied, especially to the private areas. It is a pain-free procedure, so there is no need to have local or general anesthesia.
- A handheld laser device is then moved over your skin that emits laser. During that instance, the concentrated light rays possessing certain wavelengths penetrate the skin.
- After that, the melanin pigment found in the hair follicles starts absorbing the photons of laser light which causes the hair roots to expire instantly. In this way, hair do not grow out of the root again.
- In the end, a cooling gel or an antibiotic cream is applied over the targeted area to reduce the chances of infection.
You cannot enjoy the benefits of the treatment if you are not following the post-op guidelines completely. Mentioned below are some of the instructions that must be followed after the procedure;
- Avoid excessive sun exposure for almost six weeks after the treatment.
- Apply sunscreen lotion with a broad spectrum on your skin for a fast recovery. Use the lotion prescribed by your doctor.
- Keep sufficient stock of ice packs to deal with redness or any discomfort after the procedure.
- Avoid exfoliation or any other skincare treatments after the procedure.
- Tanning either fake or natural is also prohibited.
Some of the major benefits that you can enjoy by opting laser hair removal are as follows;
- The laser does not harm your skin and only targets hair.
- You get permanent hair reduction in just 3-5 sessions.
- You get smooth, clear and hair-free skin.
- You don’t have to go through all the painful hair removal procedures.
- It is a medically, safe and relatively quick procedure.
You should keep this fact in the mind that every procedure brings some side-effects with it and permanent laser hair removal treatment is no exception. However, it is recommended to consult your doctor and clear your queries before getting the procedure done. Following are some of the common complications that you should know;
- Skin infection
- Skin burn
- Increased sensitivity
Facial Hair Removal with Laser
Unwanted facial hair can also be treated with laser because it yields long-term results and reduces hair growth on facial areas. Your eyes must be protected while using a laser, especially for facial hair.
Before and After
Before and After Photos for Men and Women.
No Guarantee, as the results may vary from person to person.
What is the Cost of Laser Hair Removal?
The cost of laser hair removal varies from patient to patient depending upon some factors which include;
- The size of the targeted area
- Number of sessions required
- Skin and hair color
- The expertise of the doctor
You can find out the exact cost according to your case by consulting with the specialist. However, just to give you an estimate, full-body laser hair removal costs AED 6000 on average. Visit the cost page to know more about the price.
People can feel better about their bodies and wouldn’t have to worry about stubborn body hair anymore after getting laser hair removal. However, the results vary from person to person depending on hair color, skin type, skin thickness, hair density and type of laser. Patients may even require skin maintenance procedures afterward.
Laser Hair Removal FAQs
Laser hair removal is not a permanent solution for a hairless body. However, the results of laser hair removal are long-lasting. There is minimal maintenance required for the procedure.
The procedure is a non-surgical treatment so minimum pain is involved in laser hair removal. However, you will feel like pins are pricking your skin but it all depends on the pain tolerance level of a person.
Laser hair removal is not a risky procedure and there is little to no risk involved in the procedure. Any irritation that you feel will diminish in a month.
The most common side effects related to laser hair removal are skin irritation and small changes in pigment. In very rare cases you might experience scarring and blisters. None of these effects are permanent.
At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery, we have a team of well-qualified and professional skin and laser specialists. They will guide you about the laser hair removal treatment and will answer all your queries. You can book a free consultation session with our experts to learn about the treatment and get the best advice for your skin. Visit our clinic today!
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest