The female clitoris is an area of heightened sensitivity and functions as a point of sexual arousal. Normally the clitoris is a small nub-sized organ made of erectile tissue that hardens upon arousal and is covered in a “hood” known as a prepuce that shields that highly sensitive area from possible discomfort. Sometimes excessive skin growth of the prepuce may cause the clitoris to look enlarged or disproportionate which may be regarded as grotesque by women.
The reasons for this change in appearance include aging, steroid intake, hormonal changes, and congenital problems or over-exposure to testosterone. It’s not uncommon for the deformation to occur in the clitoral hood with another deformation in the anterior vaginal lips (labia minora) leading to asymmetric or hypertrophic deformation. A treatment known as clitoral hoodectomy is used to treat this condition.
*Facts You Must Know
|Cost of Treatment|
|Time Required||2 Hours|
|Recovery Time||2-3 Weeks|
|Success Rate||Very High Success Rate|
Are you a Candidate?
Clitoral hood reduction surgery is an elective procedure which means it is determined first by the patient and then approved by the doctor to avoid medical and future complications. Sometimes the clitoral hood isn’t the problem. Below are some pointers that let you know if you are a good candidate for this procedure.
- Women frustrated with the exterior appearance of their vagina because the clitoral hood has drooped or is redundant can get clitoral hoodectomy.
- This excess skin is a cause of irritation when wearing clothes, exercising or carrying out normal day-to-day activities.
- Decreased sexual stimulation due to excess skin overlying the clitoris.
- Women who have a problem with wrinkly skin that looks unappealing and hinders sexual stimulation.
- Women who have (or had) a normal sexual life that is not exciting anymore.
- Reduced ability of orgasm.
- Women who are ashamed of intimacy due to the appearance of their clitoris which is a turn-off for their partners.
- Women who don’t suffer from genital diseases of some kind (check with your consultant).
- Women who have realistic expectations from surgery.
Women frequently look towards clitoral hood reduction in order to enhance the exposure of the clitoris during sexual intercourse and to improve the quality of their sex life. The clitoral hood is sought to be decreased in size and not removed completely so that it is more easily exposed to sexual stimulation and allows the recipient to experience heightened arousal leading to orgasm.
Most of the time, excessive prepuce tissue growth comes with excessive labia growth. Therefore, most hoodectomies are performed with labiaplasty in order to perfect the aesthetic results of the vagina.
Clitoral hood reduction surgery is carried out on an outpatient basis and after a few hours of rest, the patient is released on the same day.
- The area is first cleaned and sterilized with betadine and disinfected with hydrogen peroxide.
- Hoodectomy is carried out under light intravenous sedation known as twilight sleep. Moreover, local anesthesia is administered in the genital area, leaving the patient in a relaxed state with no feeling of any pain throughout the procedure that lasts up to 2 hours (hoodectomy alone).
- There are various techniques utilized for reducing the clitoral hood such as bilateral excision of the hood to keep the clitoris in the center of the v-shaped excision.
- Another technique clips away the darkened excess skin folds of the prepuce in incisions parallel to the shape of the vagina.
- After the surgeon has removed enough excess skin and reduced the hood to a proper size, the cut ends are carefully stitched. The treatment area is then cleaned and bandaged.
- The patient is revived after 30 minutes of post-operative observation and allowed to leave in an hour.
Since the clitoral and labial tissues are heavily supplied with blood through capillaries very close to the skin surface and collagen is produced faster in these areas; the surgical wounds will heal very quickly.
- Soreness persists for 4 to 5 days after which things begin to get a lot better
- Throughout that time, a support garment is necessary to be worn around the genital area
- Exercise is prohibited for 2 weeks
- Bathing and swimming should be avoided for 3 weeks.
The average patient satisfaction score for this surgery is immensely high coming out at 98%. A study conducted in 2008 reported that 93% of women saw a rise in self-esteem, 71% experienced better sex lives and the medical complications are very few – only 4.4%.
Clitoral hood reduction removes the possibilities of chaffing, pubic pain, and discomfort while enhancing sexual life greatly. The results are permanent and can last for more than a decade depending on what age the surgery was carried out.
Schedule A Consultation
If you are facing issues in your genital areas, you can always book a consultation with our experts and discuss your options, concerns, and expectations from surgery. Book an appointment today to learn more about enhancing your sex life, self-esteem and physical appearance. Fill in the form given below to schedule your consultation.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest