Regenera Activa is a unique and innovative method to treat hair loss. This treatment involves using regenerative cells to re-activate disabled hair follicles and promote hair regrowth in the balding regions. These cells are extracted from the hair-rich areas of your scalp, processed in a specialized device, and injected into areas with less hair. The technology used for regenerative cell extraction is called Autologous Micrografting Technology (AMT®).
Micro-grafts processed using AMT typically contain cells such as:
- Stem cells
- Growth factors
- Progenitor cells
Regenera Activa is often considered a promising hair loss treatment, potentially offering greater efficacy than some other non-surgical treatments.
Table of Contents
Aim of Regenera Activa
Regenera Activa aims to treat androgenic alopecia by:
- Assisting in the reactivation of hair follicles, potentially leading to new hair strand production.
- Slowing down hair loss
Benefits of Regenera Activa
Regenera Activa comes with the following benefits:
- It is a non-surgical, minimally invasive treatment with little to no downtime.
- It has received FDA approval for use.
- It offers natural-looking results.
- It doesn’t involve extensive recovery.
- It uses regenerative cells and growth factors from your own body. Therefore, the risk of complications or side effects is minimal.
Who Is a Candidate for Regenera Activa Hair Loss Treatment?
Individuals with mild to moderate pattern baldness or androgenetic alopecia may be suitable candidates for Regenera Activa, subject to a medical evaluation. This treatment is explicitly more suitable for individuals who want to increase their hair volume without undergoing a surgical procedure.
However, Regenera Activa may not be much beneficial for people with excess hair loss. Such people can benefit more from hair transplants.
How to Prepare for Regenera Activa
Following are some general preparation guidelines for this treatment:
- Discuss your complete medical history with your doctor.
- If you are taking blood-thinning medications, stop taking them a few days ahead of the treatment day.
- Wash the treatment area before the procedure.
- Avoid any other treatment for hair loss before Regenera Activa.
What is involved in Regenera Activa Procedure?
Here is an overview of the steps involved in Regenera Activa treatment.
- The Doctor will desensitize your scalp using local anesthesia.
- They will then take a small sample of the scalp tissue from the back of the head, mainly because this area is more resistant to baldness.
- The scalp sample is processed using a specialized device designed to isolate regenerative cells, such as stem cells, growth factors, and progenitor cells, from other skin cells.
- The regenerative cells are injected into the bald spots of the head using syringes with 4mm or 6mm microneedles. Depending on the treatment area and other factors, this treatment may take 15-30 minutes.
What are the Aftercare Steps?
You may receive some instructions to follow after Rgenera Activa to ensure the maximum benefit of the treatment. Here are some of the aftercare instructions.
- Do not wash your scalp for at least 24 hours after the procedure.
- Do not scratch or touch the treated area.
- Avoid physical exercises or strenuous activities for 2-3 days.
- Avoid going to spas and swimming for 2-3 days.
- Be sure to get the prescribed medication as directed.
Recovery and Results
Regenera Activa is a minimally invasive procedure with no downtime. The Doctor may place a bandage over the area where the graft tissue was taken, though. The site of the biopsy typically heals within 7-10 days. Apart from that, you can continue with your routine activities right after the treatment.
Regenera Activa may significantly improve hair density, as observed in some cases. Some recipients of the treatment may notice an increase in hair count as early as one month after the procedure, although results can vary. And hair thickness may improve one year after the treatment.
Book a Consultation
Do you want to treat male-pattern baldness with Regenera Activa? Book a consultation at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic by calling +971 4 348 5575 or filling out the form below. To explore the location of Dubai Cosmetic Surgery, visit our address guide.
Fill in the form to get a consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest