Hair transplant is a surgical hair restoration procedure which involves extracting hair follicles from one part of the body, termed as donor site to the bald part, termed as recipient site. It transforms your hair game for life. But, as it is a surgical procedure, it requires certain care measures to be followed religiously after the surgery is being done. Here is a list of some dos and don’ts that you need to be mindful of, the moment the operation is done. It will help you regain your crowning glory with no downtime at all. So, let’s get going;
- Make sure that you get hold of someone that will drive you home after the hair transplant surgery. The anesthetic sedative will be given to the patient during the surgery for a pain free experience. Hence, it’s not an ideal choice to drive back home when your head is spinning around.
- You need to remember and adhere to the instructions given by the surgeon who has performed your hair transplant surgery. S/he knows what is best for your individual case so stick to the instructions of your surgeon.
- Make sure that you have the phone number of the clinic or the surgeon saved so that you and your family members could reach them in the case of emergency.
- Make sure to keep your scalp clean and dry, following the day after surgery. It will help you recover faster and avoid any potential side effects.
- Do worry about your scars in advance. It’s the only way you can prevent it from darkening. This is especially important if you decide to go for FUT hair transplant.
- Take painkillers if you experience any kind of pain and discomfort. It is important to control the pain as it will make your healing phase a lot smoother.
- Avoid exposing yourself immediately to the direct sunlight, a few days after the procedure, especially when your scalp is swollen. If you have to go out, do not forget to wear a hat.
- A little itching and soreness are normal. Resist your urge to scratch the scalp as it can damage the newly transplanted hair follicles.
- You should not drink alcohol for at least two weeks after the procedure. It interferes with the natural healing process of the body. Same goes with smoking. Limit it for a month as well.
- Avoid playing sports or performing vigorous exercises for the month following the surgery. You can resume your regular activities after a week but refrain from heavy workouts.
- Avoid taking hot baths and going to saunas as it can damage the hair follicles. Stick to quick showers only.
At the end of the day, every hair transplant surgeon has his/her own point of view on postoperative instructions and it is best to consult the one who has performed the surgery on you.
Find An Expert
If you have been looking for an expert for your hair transplant surgery then you have come to the right place. At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery, we have leading hair transplant surgeons that can give you the best treatment. Moreover, we are offering free initial consultations to our new and existing patients. All you have to do is fill in the form below and it will lead you to a free, no-obligatory and one-on-one consultation with the hair transplant surgeon. One of our representatives will contact you shortly. You can further clarify your concerns on the call or use our chat section alternatively.