Laser liposuction, GPS laser liposuction, Vaser liposuction and body jet liposuction are the advanced techniques of liposuction which are less invasive than traditional liposuction and require easy recovery process.
Laser liposuction is less invasive technique of fat removal that involves a cannula having laser fibre to melt the fat that gets discharged away through the lymphatic system.
GPS laser liposuction is an advanced technique that melts and removes fat with laser with the help of GPS mapping that makes the chances of burns or trauma minimum.
VASER liposuction is the one of the latest techniques of liposuction that uses ultrasound waves to dislodge and break down the fat which is then removed through a cannula.
Body jet liposuction is the most recent technique of liposuction that involves injecting a fluid with a saline solution to break the fatty tissues in the targeted areas which get removed with the injected solution.
- Patient with excess subcutaneous fat, which is resistant to diet and exercise.
- Patients who wish to change their body contours. Commonly involved areas are the anterior part of the neck (under the chin), upper arms and armpits, male chest/breasts, trunk, abdomen, waist, hips, thighs, inner knees, calves and ankles.
- Most patients are near normal weight and desire permanent contour changes.
- Improved techniques now allow for larger amounts of fat to be removed; therefore, liposculpture can be useful to heavier persons as well. However, liposculpture is not a form of weight loss; it is intended only as a means of physical contouring.
- An improvement in the contour and proportion of the treated areas.
- A more flattering figure or physique, in or out of clothing.
- The procedures are done on an outpatient basis.
- Local , Regional or General anesthesia is usually used depending upon the extent and location of liposuction.
- Small suction tubes (cannulas) are inserted through very short incisions placed in inconspicuous locations near the fat deposits, and excess fat is removed.
That depends upon the number of the areas treated and height and weight of the patient. For e.g. if someone needs contouring of the outer thighs it may take an hour or less but if multiple areas need treatment the procedure may last 3 hrs or some what longer.
That also depends on the number of areas treated and location as well. In general, it could take a few days to 1 week for most of the patient. Of course each patient is different and a more accurate recovery time can only be ascertained after a consultation and full evaluation.
Time off from work can vary from a couple of days to a week to 10 days, depending upon the number of areas treated and the amount of fat removed. If tummy tuck is performed at the same time recovery could be ten days, or longer
In general, the safe limit is about 5 litres of volume at one session. Some time we can stretch up to 6-7 litres if there is minimal bleeding, patient is young and healthy and one night stay in the hospital is planned.
If a person maintains there eating and exercise habits at the same level as before liposuction, the fat does not come back. Usually it happens due to an increase in food in take.
Yes, liposuction is very effective procedure. In selected patients the result are quite dramatic. But it must be understood that this procedure is for body contouring.
The cost of liposuction depends on the number of areas treated and the type of anesthesia used, if it is a small area and it can be performed under local anesthesia with sedation then the cost would be less. The cost includes the surgeon’s fee, hospital charges and anesthesia fee. And it also includes free consultation, free follow up for life time and additional discount’s for future surgeries.
Any surgery possible complications include of infection, bleeding, numbness, irregularities and asymmetry exists but under experienced hands the chances are very small. The chances of any serious complication in another wise healthy patient are even rare.