Who Is a Candidate?
- Patients who have large, heavy breasts, which may be the cause of breathing difficulties, back, shoulder and neck pain, poor posture, bra-strap indentations and chafing under the breasts.
- Patients who have excessive breast size, which may decrease a sense of attractiveness and self-confidence.
- Patients with large breasts that interfere with normal daily activities or with exercise.
- More attractive contour and smaller breast size.
- Freedom from health problems associated with excessively large breasts.
- Improved self-image.
- The procedure is done under general anesthesia on an outpatient basis or in the hospital.
- Incisions are made around the pigmented area (the nipple-areola complex) and extend vertically below the nipple and in the fold under the breast.
- The nipple-areola complex is moved upward to the desired location; excess breast, tissue, fat and skin are removed.
There are a variety of ways to perform breast reduction and breast lift, and the extent of scarring depends upon the particular technique used this can be determined at the time of consultation with the surgeon.
How Long Does the Surgery Take?
Length of surgery may be 2 ½ hrs to 4 hrs and it depends upon the size of the breast and the type of technique used.
How Long Is the Recovery?
Recovery may take from 3-4 days to a week. Some patients have a higher pain threshold and they start to feel better sooner, heavy exercise is avoided for 3-4 weeks
How Long Does The Result Last?
There is no definite time frame to predict about how long the results will last. Multiple factors play a role and involve hereditary factors, size of the breast, life style and whether there is any pregnancy after the surgery.
Can The Breast Get Bigger In Future?
As long as the diet and exercise habits are maintained it is unlikely to regain weight in the breasts. With pregnancy of course there is increase in size along with again in general body weight.
What Is The Cost?
The cost includes surgeon fee, hospital charges, anesthesia fee and free consultation, free follow up for life time and additional discount’s for future surgeries.