Dr. Martain Pierre Jean Loonen
Specialist Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon and Hair Transplant ExpertAvailable at Abu Dhabi, UAE
Dr Martain is one of the well-known and experienced Board Certified Specialist plastic surgeons and Hair Transplant experts across Europe. He holds a Doctoral Degree (Ph.D.) in plastic and reconstructive surgery, under the title Bibliometric Trend Analyses of Plastic Surgery Research.
After completing his Propaedeutics degrees in Pharmacy and Medicine in 2000 and 2001 consecutively, Dr. Martain went ahead and attained his M.D. degree from the University Medical Center Utrecht, Netherlands, in 2006. In 2007, less than 6 months after attaining his M.D. degree, he was recognized with outstanding honors as the youngest Ph.D. candidate to have attained that distinction at his Alma Mater, the University of Utrecht in the Netherlands.
With his more than 10 years’ unique expertise and experience, Dr Martain has become vital to the plastic surgery and Hair Transplant team at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery, where he is now practicing the latest techniques in plastic and reconstructive Surgery and the ground-breaking Stem Cell FUE hair transplant technique.
In the field of Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration, Dr. Martain has worked under the mentorship of one the leading Hair Transplantation pioneers in the Gulf region –Dr. Cagatay Sezgin (senior member of International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery – ISHRS).
Dr Martain’s aesthetic surgery experience includes providing medical and surgical services in multiple hospitals in Belgium and the Netherlands. Before moving to the UAE, his passion and know-how for Plastic Surgery led him to pioneer and implement several novel surgical protocols, as well as establishing a wrist arthroscopy center. Additionally, he is also certified in rejuvenation techniques.
Prior to joining Dubai Cosmetic Surgery clinic, Dr Martain held high profile positions at the department of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Hand Surgery in ADRZ and Zorgsaam hospitals, Medical Wellness Centre (MWCZ) Goes, and, Hand and Wrist Centre Zeeland (ZHPC) Goes, in the Netherlands.
During his plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic medicine career, he has been published in prestigious international journals including Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, and the Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery of the British Association of Plastic Surgeons. He is also an invited peer reviewer for the journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (Journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons) and the International Blood Research and Reviews. Additionally, he is a member of the editorial team of the Journal of Surgical Dermatology and was a co-author of the 2012 instructional course book of the Federation of European Societies for Surgery of the Hand concerning Madelung deformity treatment.
Dr. Martain’s plastic and reconstructive surgery focus and interests include providing the highest quality and most up to date patient treatment and medical expertise. He also has experience in medical education in anatomy and surgery for medical students and staff and focuses on 3-D imaging during consultation to give patients a glimpse of the expected results.
He is rated 9.33 out of 10 by patients on the Dutch “best specialist website”.
Dr Martain specializes in:
- Hair transplantation and hair loss treatment
- Otoplasty and ear reconstruction
- Facial Volume correction by lipofilling (fat transfer) and fillers (hyaluronic acid / calcium hydroxylapatite)
- Eyelid surgery
- High Definition liposuction and Body contouring (abdominoplasty, thigh lift and brachioplasty)
- Breast surgery (reduction, augmentation and lifting)
- Breast implant contracture treatment
- Gynaecomastia (male breast enlargement) treatment
- Hand and wrist surgery
- Buttock augmentation by autologous fat transfer
- Penoplasty (penile enlargement) by fat transfer and Labiaplasty (labia reduction)
- Facial and non-facial reconstruction after skin cancer excision
- Surgical and non-surgical scar correction
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) skin and hair rejuvenation
- Arthroplasty in the hand and wrist
- Dupuytren treatment
- Nerve entraptment syndromes treatment
Member Societies and Qualifications
- Member of the Dutch and Belgian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the Editorial Team of the Journal of Surgical Dermatology
- Fellow of the Collegium Chirurgicum Plasticum of the Board of Plastic Surgeons of Belgium
- Peer reviewer for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- D. Degree in plastic and reconstructive surgery, February 15, 2007
- D. Degree, University Medical Center Utrecht, September 13, 2006
- Propaedeutics degree in Medicine
- Propaedeutics degree in Pharmacy
Fill in the form to get Free Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest