Cagatay (Chagatai) Sezgin, MD
Celebrity Hair Transplant Surgeon
Dr. Cagatay (Chagatai) Sezgin is one of the most sought-after Celebrity Hair Transplant surgeons in the world. He has been an esteemed member of the prestigious International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) since 2001. Also, he is the First Turkish Board Surgeon to be accredited as a member of both ISHRS and the Asian Association of Hair-transplant Surgeons (AAHRS). Due to his passion and expertise in the art of hair transplant, he has made a great name in the field of hair restoration.
Dr. Sezgin completed his Doctor of Medicine degree at Cukurova University Faculty of Medicine, Turkey. He passed a student exchange program examination during his final year at the university and was chosen among hundreds of other students to join a medical training program in Madrid, Spain.
He then set off his career as a general practitioner while studying for a specialty in Medicine. After passing the examinations, he joined Osmangazi University Faculty of Medicine, majoring in General Surgery. To cement his role in the Aesthetic industry, Dr. Sezgin joined the certification program organized by the Turkish Ministry of Health, where he received his certificate as a Medical Aesthetician.
After graduating, Dr. Sezgin joined Osmaniye Public Hospital in Turkey as the Assistant Chief Physician and Manager of Operating room, Emergency, and Intensive Care units. One year later, due to his passion for hair restoration and hair loss treatment, he established Adana Marmara Estetik, the leading hair transplant clinic in Turkey.
Dr. Sezgin has been invited to;
- ISHRS Basic Course of International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) annual meeting as a lecturer & trainer in Bangkok/Thailand during 13 -17th Nov 2019
- The 6th Latin American FUE workshop as a lecturer & operating faculty that took place in Cancun/Mexico in February 2020
- ISHRS Annual Meeting in Lisbon / Portugal October 2021 as a basic course faculty for the training of junior colleagues.
Dr. Sezgin is a DHA licensed surgeon and has almost 21+ years of Hair Transplantation-Restoration experience. He has practiced in Turkey for 16 years and permanently moved to Dubai in May 2016, where he started working as a full-time hair transplant surgeon. Currently, he is working at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic and performing hair restoration surgeries exclusively.
Dr. Sezgin has dedicated all his career to hair restoration through FUE Hair Transplant Technique and has undersigned thousands of hair transplant surgeries. He is the First Hair Transplant Surgeon in the world who performed Hair, Eyebrows, and Beard transplantation in a single case and in a single session. His case report was published in ISHRS esteemed Forum Magazine Volume 29, Number: 1, 2019, and he originally named the case “HEAD TRICK OPERATION.”
Also, Sezgin was the first hair transplant surgeon to find the correlation between body height and graft length. His study has been published in ISHRS esteemed Forum Magazine Volume 30, Number:2, 2020 with “The Relationship Between Body Height and Follicular Unit Graft Length: An Exploratory Study.” He is also the first hair transplant surgeon to suggest the term “Sebaceous Gland Obesity (SGO)” as one of the downsides of FUE hair transplantation for severe folliculitis cases during the Virtual Meeting of ISHRS in 2020.
Dr. Sezgin is a mentor who has been organizing training seminars and workshops. He has already trained many doctors from all over the world. Recently, he has been invited to organize and participate as an active faculty and a co-moderator to the world’s most prestigious hair transplantation workshop: ISHRS-World Live Surgery Dubai Workshop, in March 2018.
Moreover, he was asked to enrich the upcoming new edition of Hair Transplant Textbook- the Holy Book of Hair Transplant Surgeons- edited by Dr. Walter P. Unger. To expand more on his prowess of hair restoration, Dr. Sezgin has attended and continues to participate in conferences in different countries, including Turkey, America, UK, Netherlands, and the Middle East. He is also a member of the FUE (hair transplant) Advancement Committee of the most prestigious and prominent authority of hair transplantation in the world – ISHRS.
ISHRS Annual Meetings Attended
- Puerto Vallarta – Mexico 2001
- New York – USA 2003
- Amsterdam – Holland 2009
- Boston – USA 2010
- Nassau – Bahamas 2012
- San Francisco – USA 2013
- Las Vegas – USA 2016
- Prague – Czech Republic 2017
- Hollywood – Beverly hills – USA 2018
- Bangkok – Thailand 2019
- The 1st Virtual Congress of ISHRS- USA 2020
- Hairline design workshop Boston – USA 2010
- Eyebrow transplant course – Nassau –Bahamas 2012
- Body hair transplant course – San Francisco – USA 2013
- ISHRS-World Live Surgery Dubai Workshop Dubai- UAE March 2018 as a faculty & co-moderator
- ISHRS Annual Meeting in Lisbon / Portugal October 2021 as a Basic Course Faculty for the training of junior colleagues.
- “Hair loss & transplant in women” workshop Houston-Texas – USA 2013
- Robotic Hair transplant & hairline design’ workshop Manchester- UK 2013
- Autolog stem cell transplantation techniques & therapies in hair loss Bangkok- Thailand 2015
- ISHRS World Live Surgery Workshop Organizer & Operating Faculty, Dubai – UAE 2018
Area of Expertise
- Female hairline lowering
- FUE-FUT Hair transplantation
- Beard, mustache, Eyebrow transplantation
- Hair loss therapies: PRP, A cell, Growth factor, Stem cell, Hair filler, Laser hair regrowth
- Hair loss diagnosis and follow-ups
- Body to scalp transplantation (chest, beard to the scalp)
- Natural and dense hairline creation
- Corrective HT operations
- Hair transplantation on scarring or non-scarring alopecia, alopecia areata, and burned areas.
- Hair loss therapies: Exosome therapy, PRP, A CELL, Growth Factor, Stem Cell, Hair Filler, Laser Hair Regrowth
Before & After
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
- Turkish Surgical Association
- Turkish Association for Endoscopic Laparoscopic Surgery
- European Society of Hair Restoration Surgery