- Plastic Surgeon
- Hair Transplant Surgeon
- Laser & Skincare Specialist
- Dental Surgeon
Dr. Adnan Tahir
Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
Available at Dubai UAE
Dr Adnan Tahir is a Board Certified Plastic and Reconstructive surgeon with a special interest in aesthetic surgery of the face and breast. He has 14 years experience in plastic and reconstructive surgery and his clinical interests include skin cancer, breast reconstruction, hand surgery and burns.
Dr Tahir has performed numerous comprehensive breast reconstructions including free tissue transfer, making him one of the best breast reconstructive surgeons in the Middle East for patients who have had surgery for breast cancer including mastectomy.
Due to his excellence in reconstructive surgery, Dr Tahir was awarded DAFPRS fellowship (Dutch Association of Facial Plastic Reconstructive Surgery) in 2014 and spent 3 months at one of the biggest tertiary hospitals in Rotterdam, Netherlands gaining hands on experience in Craniofacial/ microsurgery techniques, which he is now practicing at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery clinic.
In the course of his exceptional career in plastic and reconstructive surgery, Dr. Tahir has performed more than 5000 operations, including more than 600 aesthetic and massive weight loss procedures. His diverse range of plastic and cosmetic surgery disciplines includes hand surgery, trauma and burns, skin cancer, head and neck reconstructions, clefts, and general pediatric and adult plastic surgery procedures.
Dr Tahir successfully completed MSc in Surgical Sciences at the University College of London after a successful submission of his postgraduate thesis in the field of Tissue Engineering. He subsequently presented his findings at the European Tissue Engineering Society meeting in Munich, Germany.
Throughout his career, Dr Tahir has published numerous articles in peer reviewed journals in plastic surgery and presented at scientific meetings on many occasions
- Breast Reduction, Augmentation, Mastopexy, & Reconstruction using latest techniques including lipo-transfer
- Stemcell Hair Transplant Technique
- FUT Hair Transplant Technique
- Aesthetic surgery of the face
- Facial reconstruction
- Hand surgery
- Body contouring and lipo-sculpting
- Trauma and burns
- Head & Neck reconstruction
- Post massive weight loss/ bariatric surgery
Academic Qualifications and Awards
- Dutch Association of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery (DAFPRS) Fellowship. Craniofacial/ microsurgery, Rotterdam, Netherlands.
- CCT—Certificate of Completion of Training in Plastic Surgery. On GMC specialist register for Plastic Surgery
- FRCS (Plast) from the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- BTEC—Principles of Laser, Light & Associated Aesthetic Therapies – Mapperley Park Clinic, Nottingham, UK
- MSc in Surgical Sciences – University College of London, London – UK
- PGA Post Graduate Award in Medical Education – University of Warwick, Coventry – UK
- MRCS from the Royal College of Surgeons – England
- MBBS from the University of Karachi – Pakistan