TMJ disorder occurs due to a disturbance in the jaw joint that works as a sliding hinge. This joint works to connect your jawbone to your skull. Each side of the jaw contains this joint and TMJ disorder can cause pain in the said joint as well as the muscles that regulate your jaw movement.
The symptoms and signs of the disorder include;
- Tenderness or pain in the jaw.
- Pain in one or both sides of your jaws.
- Facial pain.
- Pain in or around your ear.
- Discomfort while chewing anything.
- Difficulty in opening and closing of your mouth.
It is not an easy task to know the exact cause of this issue. You may feel this pain due to various factors. These factors may include arthritis, genetics, jaw injury, etc. However, its causes include;
- Damage of the joint cartilage due to arthritis.
- The disk moves in an improper way that disturbs your alignment.
- The joint is damaged in an injury.
However, in some of the cases, the cause isn’t clear.
Are You A Candidate?
When you want to get TMJ disorder treatment in Dubai then you need to know if you are a good candidate for the treatment or not. Your doctor can let you know about it. However, for your own analysis, if you are suffering from severe pain in your jaw or you are hearing a popping sound whenever you try to close or open your mouth or even when you are eating then you are a candidate for this treatment. Also, you may have a chronic headache, ringing in jaws and ears, and pain while chewing.
If you are facing these problems then you need to seek expert advice on an immediate basis. If you make delay in it then it can be dangerous for you.
Various treatment plans are available for TMJ disorder. Sometimes medicines serve as the best solution for your disorder and sometimes therapies work. Hence, with the advancements in science and technology, different surgical and non-surgical procedure are available that serve as the best treatment. Dubai Cosmetic Surgery is providing these advanced treatments. Have a look at them!
- Arthrocentesis – refers to a procedure that is minimally invasive. Small needles are inserted into the joint so that it will be easy for the fluid to float through the joint in order to remove inflammatory and debris byproducts.
- Injection – may be helpful for some of the people. Corticosteroid injections are injected into the joint. In some cases, botulinum toxin type an injection used that help the patient to relieve muscle pain while chewing something. These injections help in getting relief from the pain that is linked with TMJ disorder.
- TMJ Arthroscopy – serves as the best treatment for TMJ disorder just like open-joint surgery. Cannula (a small thin tube) is inserted into the space of joint after that arthroscope is attached, and other important small surgical equipment is utilized to complete the surgical process. This procedure is recommended by the doctors as it has fewer complications as compared to open-joint surgery.
- Modified Condylotomy – is an indirect way to treat the disorder. The surgery is performed on the jaw area instead of treating the exact joint. If the patient is experiencing locking and feeling pain then this treatment procedure can be helpful.
- Open-joint Surgery – is an option that needs to be considered when other treatment methods don’t work. Moreover, if a structural problem is a cause for this issue then open-joint surgery is recommended. Hence, you need to discuss its pros and cons with your surgeon while going to have this surgery.
Schedule A Free Consultation
At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery, our doctors have expertise to perform almost all procedures giving the best results. It is highly recommended to have a consultation first – which is FREE – before getting any treatment. Fill in the following form, and one of our coordinators will get back to you as soon as possible.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest