TMJ disorder occurs due to the disturbance in a joint that works as a sliding hinge. This joint works to connect your jawbone to your skull. Each side of jaw contains this joint. TMJ disorder can cause pain in the joint of your jaw. Also, it may cause pain in the muscles that regulate your jaw movement.
The symptoms and signs of the disorder include;
- Tenderness or pain of your jaw.
- Pain in one or both sides of your jaws.
- Facial pain.
- Pain in or around your ear.
- Issue in chewing anything.
- Difficulty in opening and closing of your mouth.
It is not an easy task to know the exact cause of this issue. You may feel this pain due to various factors. These factors may include arthritis, genetics, jaw injury, etc. However, its causes include;
- The damage of joint’s cartilage due to arthritis.
- The disk moves in an improper way that disturbs your alignment.
- The joint is damaged in an injury.
However, in some of the cases, the cause isn’t clear.
Are You A Candidate?
When you want to get TMJ disorder treatment in Dubai then you need to know if you are a good candidate for the treatment or not. Your doctor can let you know about it. However, for your own analysis, if you are suffering from severe pain in your jaw or you are hearing a popping sound whenever you try to close or open your mouth or even when you are eating then you are a candidate for this treatment. Also, you may have a chronic headache, ringing in jaws and ears, and pain while chewing.
If you are facing these problems then you need to seek an expert advice on an immediate basis. If you make delay in it then it can be dangerous for you.
Various treatment plans are available for TMJ disorder. Sometimes medicines serve as the best solution for your disorder and sometimes therapies work. Hence, with the advancements in science and technology, different surgical and non-surgical procedure are available that serve as the best treatment. Dubai Cosmetic Surgery is providing these advanced treatments. Have a look at them!
- Arthrocentesis – refers to a procedure that is minimally invasive. Small needles are inserted into the joint so that it will be easy for the fluid to float through the joint in order to remove inflammatory and debris byproducts.
- Injection – may be helpful for some of the people. Corticosteroid injections are injected into the joint. In some cases, botulinum toxin type an injection used that help the patient to relieve muscle pain while chewing something. These injections help in getting relief from the pain that is linked with TMJ disorder.
- TMJ Arthroscopy – serves as the best treatment for TMJ disorder just like open-joint surgery. Cannula (a small thin tube) is inserted into the space of joint after that arthroscope is attached, and other important small surgical equipment are utilized to complete the surgical process. This procedure is recommended by the doctors as it has fewer complications as compared to open-joint surgery.
- Modified Condylotomy – is an indirect way to treat the disorder. The surgery is performed on the jaw area instead of treating the exact joint. If the patient is experiencing locking and feeling pain then this treatment procedure can be helpful.
- Open-joint Surgery – is an option that needs to be considered when other treatment methods don’t work. Moreover, if a structural problem is the cause for this issue then open-joint surgery is recommended. Hence, you need to discuss its pros and cons with your surgeon while going to have this surgery.
Schedule A Free Consultation
Here, at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery, our professional doctors have enough expertise to perform almost all procedures with best results. Hence, it is highly recommended to consult with our expert before getting any treatment. We have made it very easy for you to book an appointment. Just fill the following form. This short form may take your 1-2 minutes and that’s it. Once you fill this form, one of our correspondents will get back to you in the short period of time. What are you waiting for?? It’s time to get best TMJ disorder treatment in Dubai. Go ahead, avail this opportunity, and book your appointment without any hassle!
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest