Nearly all of us go to the dentist because we are all after that natural, healthy and bright smile. Although this sounds a little bit aesthetic, the results give us more self confidence, raise our self esteem as well as improve our looks and mental health.
If you have uneven gums, then chances are you have some reservations about your smile, which takes away your confidence to smile brightly. But since science is always coming up with new technologies and techniques, there’s a procedure that can give you the smile that you deserve – gum Recontouring.
Gum Recontouring in Dubai, also known as gum reshaping, is a cosmetic dental procedure that is used for reshaping uneven gums, putting them in the correct position and making sure that the smile you have afterwards is one you can be confident with. In other words, the procedure gets rid of a “gummy smile”.
Gum Recontouring Procedure
Gum reshaping in Dubai is usually done by a periodontist or a very qualified and experienced general dentist. It is an in-office cosmetic procedure which evens out your gums. Before the advent of laser, dentists used a scalpel to reduce the prominence of gums or “gummy smiles”. This invasive technique led to considerate bleeding during the procedure, and afterwards a very long and challenging recovery time.
With the introduction of laser dentistry in Dubai, this procedure has become fairly painless, with minimal downtime and very little to no bleeding during the process. The time taken to reshape those gums with laser technology is also shorter compared to using a scalpel.
The process of gum recontouring in Dubai starts with numbing your gums with a local anesthesia to get rid of any discomfort that you might feel. The dentist then uses laser specifically made for soft tissues to strip away any excess gum.
Using the laser helps with contouring as well as sealing the gum. This prevents extensive bleeding and bacterial infections.
Gum Recontouring Recovery
Immediately after the procedure, and the anesthesia wears off, you will experience minimally sore and swollen gums for up to a week. It is advisable to limit your activities and rest. In order to make your recovery easier, here are some general tips you should follow.
- First and foremost, follow your dentist’s advice, because it will make your recovery swifter.
- If there is too much discomfort or pain, you can take over-the-counter painkillers, or the ones prescribed by your doctor. Remember to stay away from aspirin because it is a blood thinner and it can lead to bleeding.
- Focus on eating soft foods for the first couple of days. These can include yogurt, pasta, ice cream, cheese and softened vegetables.
- Stay away from foods that contain seeds, as well as spicy ones until your dentist gives you the go ahead to eat whatever you prefer.
- When observing your oral hygiene, be very gentle in order to avoid irritating the gums which can lead to infections and more bleeding.
- Call your dentist as soon as possible if you have any concerns after the surgery, including excessive swelling and/or bleeding.
To know more about gum recontouring in Dubai, fill in the form provided for a consultation.
Fill in the form to get Free Consultation