Our gums may turn out to be black or brown from pink over the period of time which is because of concentration of melanin. This excess of melanin can be mainly because of genetic factors. This excess does not show a serious medical condition but it is not appealing for most of us for aesthetic reasons. Gum depigmentation is a cosmetic dental procedure that aims to remove the appearance of dark spots on the gum.
You will see amazing difference in your gums, dark spots will be gone so you can show off your bright teeth smile. The results of gum depigmentation treatment will last more 20 years or even lifetime.
Gum Depigmentation Causes
- Amalgam filling on the gums
- Certain medications
- Gum diseases
- Increased melanin production
Who are the Candidates
Usually, people are looking for a gum depigmentation treatment in Dubai because of aesthetic preferences.
- If you have brown or black gums
- You are not suffering from an oral disease
- Your gums are dark because of a periodontal disease
- You don’t have a thin gum tissue
- Your gums are in good health
Preparing for Treatment
It is a simple treatment but you will have to follow few instructions from your doctor before the treatment to ensure the success of procedure with your safety. Your oral health will be examined by our doctor in initial meeting which will help in making an effective treatment filler. Common instructions given to patients are;
- You will be asked to stop smoking at least a week prior to the treatment
- You will have to stop alcohol consumption
- You will be instructed to discontinue the use of any blood thinning medications
Gum depigmentation is a simple cosmetic procedure which may take 25 to 50 minutes for the completion. However, the time of procedure is dependent on the concentration of melanin in both color and size. You may require a local anesthetic injection to avoid any kind of discomfort.
Laser depigmentation treatment will remove the uppermost layer of tissues of gum and the heat of lasers will destroy the cells that are responsible for production of pigment called melanin. The new layer of tissues revealed after the treatment are pink in color.
Gum depigmentation with lasers has many benefits as compared to other treatments you can opt for;
- It is a less invasive procedure
- It is a painless procedure
- It gives natural looking results and the dark color is highly minimized
- It gives noticeable results after one session
- It does not require a downtime
- Recovery process is very easy and does not take longer than 4 to 5 days. You will be able to eat and drink right after the treatment.
If you suffer from dark gums that make your smile undesirable or ugly, you should opt for gum depigmentation treatment in Dubai. Book yourself a free consultation with one of our laser specialists to get the details about the procedure by filling in the given form.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest