Dental fillings in Dubai usually happen when you get a dental cavity or have a cracked or broken tooth due to a number of reasons. Also known as dental restoration in Dubai, it requires your dentist to remove all the decayed matter in order to create a hollow space that plays a big role in restoring your tooth to its former glory.
Basically, dental fillings in Dubai help in the restoration of a tooth or teeth that has been destroyed either by decay, teeth grinding or accidental breakage. The dental filling usually stops further decay or breakage, and as a result making the teeth functional again.
Importance of having a dental filling
- By having dental restoration, you will be protecting your tooth or teeth from further damage because the filling used will close off any spaces through which bacteria can enter. And many of us know how painful it can get when that happens.
- A dental filling also stops the decay and helps in preventing further decay.
- It gives your tooth a new lease of life, and as a result making your life easier.
- Not only does dental filling restore the functions of the tooth, it also restores the shape of the tooth, and in a way, depending on where the tooth is located, improving your dental structure and your overall look and confidence.
Types of Dental Fillings
- Ceramic Fillings – Made from porcelain
- Amalgam Fillings – Made from a combination of silver, mercury, copper, zinc and tin
- Gold Fillings – Made from gold alloys, which is a mixture of gold and other metals
- Composite Fillings – Made from fine glass particles and plastic
- Glass Ionomer Fillings – Made from a glass components and acrylic
Is a dental filling the end of it?
Sometimes the decay might have destroyed a big chunk of your tooth to the point where having a dental filling in Dubai will not be enough. If this is the case with your tooth, then after the filling has been done, the dentist will recommend having a cap or a crown on top of the filling. On the other hand if the decay has affected the nerves inside your tooth, then your dentist will have to perform a procedure known as root canal therapy, where he/she will remove the damaged nerves, or keep the nerves alive through pulp capping.
How to know if you are a candidate for a dental filling in Dubai
The truth is you might not know if you need a dental filling or not. It is all up to your dentist to determine if you need one. He or she can establish this by a number of tests including x-rays or simply looking at the extent of your cavities or anything that looks abnormal on the surface of your tooth or teeth. He will then suggest treatments based on his/her finding, as well as the extent the decay has caused your teeth.
With frequent dental check-ups, just as recommended by the dentists, you might have any cavities caught way in advance before they do much damage to your teeth. Remember, the more the damage, the bigger a hole it will dig in your pocket.
For more information on dental fillings and restoration in Dubai, kindly fill in the consultation form.