With a remarkable track record, liposuction is successfully popular with patients of both genders. Moreover traditional liposuction can be combined with other treatments such as fat transfer augmentation surgery and tummy tucks for refined contouring. Its versatility as a procedure makes it ideal for treating any part of the body.
It is also ranked as the world’s most popular cosmetic procedure. Apart from being regularly used for treating areas on the thighs, abdomen and neck it is also widely used for treating the chin, ankles, knees, back and face.
*Facts You Must Know
|Cost of Treatment|
|Time Required||2-3 Hours|
|Recovery Time||1-2 Weeks|
|Success Rate||Very high Success Rate|
About Traditional Liposuction
Tumescent liposuction is the name given to a wet technique that was a breakthrough in liposuction history when it allowed surgeons to partially dissolve and break down fat prior to removal. This is carried out by injecting a solution of anesthetic, Epinephrine and saline solution in the subcutaneous layer to break down fat deposits in the targeted area. This diluted solution is injected in proportion to the volume of at being removed and is called the tumescent solution.
Tumescent solution injected into the fatty layer brings about a swollen and firm characteristic to the tissue needing to be treated. The local anesthesia injected keeps the area numb for a long while even after the procedure has been carried out. Local anesthesia is furthermore the safest form of anesthesia as compared to general anesthesia hence lessening the risks coming with narcotic pain medications during and after surgery.
Traditional Liposuction Types
Liposuction allows a surgeon to sculpt the patient’s body contours with liposuction whilst permanently removing (or harvesting) fat cells. Whilst there currently exist quite a few variation to the liposuction technique traditional suction-assisted liposuction and power-assisted liposuction are two such methods that skilled surgeons would prefer owing to their expertise and ease they feel is achieved in addressing the patient’s aesthetic goals with.
The two methods are basically similar in their elements and execution except that with power assisted liposuction a vibrating (motor-driven) cannula is used to increase the efficiency of suction-assisted fat removal. With power-assisted liposuction operating time and costs incurred in the operating time period – among various other reasons – are reduced.
Goals and Candidacy
Candidates eligible for receiving traditional liposuction are those;
- Who have localized fat deposits around certain body areas that do not respond well to natural exercise and dietary regimen
- Who are not obese and are as close as possible to their ideal weight
- Who retain good skin tone and flexibility for the body contouring technique
- Who do not suffer from threatening health conditions that disrupt the healing process such high blood pressure
- Who can abstain from smoking several months prior to and after surgery because of the blood-thinning effects nicotine has on the blood. Same is the case with alcohol and some over-the-counter meds such as aspirin
- Who have realistic expectations from the outcomes of surgery
- Who are not pregnant or lactating in case they are female
The procedure for traditional liposuction is explained easier in the steps below.
- Prior to surgery, your surgeon will outline the treatment, the approach and will mark out areas on the body for liposuction.
- Local anesthesia is injected into the area and after some time the doctor will make incisions along the marks set out. The greater the extent of surgery, the more the incisions.
- Through these incisions the doctor will then inject the tumescent solution in the targeted area.
- Using the appropriate cannulas and technique (SAL or PAL) the surgeon will manipulate the cannula throughout the subcutaneous layer moving it back and forth to harvest/remove the fat.
- The fat is suctioned off to collection containers.
- Once the procedure is deemed over by the surgeon, the surgeon will close the incisions and apply the necessary dressing.
Recovery & Results
Right after the procedure, the area of the body will be dressed in bandages, topical ointment and/or stitches as well as drains will be fixed with instructions on how to handle them. A compression garment should also be worn to aid in reduction of swelling, tenderness and bruising. Allotted time periods will be given to you for each dressing and after how long it will need to be change.
The bruising and discomfort will be most during the first 7-10 days after which symptoms will begin to subside. In 1 month there will be no pain or bruising and the scars will begin to fade. It will take a couple of months for the tumescent solution to be completely metabolized and the swelling to go down so the body can reveal the final defined results with the body fat level stabilized.
Is it Safe?
In a skilled surgeon’s hands this technique is a favorite and is your better choice for achieving your aesthetic aims for the following reasons.
Smoother Cosmetic Results
The variation of tools – namely cannulas – used in the tumescent technique allows the utilization of microcannulas for a smoother cosmetic outcome. Traditional liposuction ofcourse first had cannulas broader in diameter, but the preferred mode of fat removal is the use of microcannulas less than 3mm in diameter. A skilled surgeon when using a microcannula would reduce the possibilities of a depression or irregularity from happening on the surface of the skin. Depending on the treatment area, the surgeon will make use of the most appropriate tools to get you in touch with your cosmetic desires. Experienced surgeons can perform successful body contouring and sculpting with the right tools added to their expertise.
The tumescent solution remains in the sub-dermal tissue for several days after surgery allowing the tissue to heal without complication. These excess fluids mixed with blood and other fluids from the body are also drained out of the incision site using a bulb-shaped drain or absorbable pads. The surgeon will prescribe a few medical items such as a support garment and incision drains for the patient to wear and maximize post-liposuction drainage.
Get your free consultation with one of our skilled and certified specialists about traditional liposuction in Dubai. Sign up today by sending in your name, contact detail and query so we can get back to you right away!
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest