What is liposuction?
Liposuction (شفط الدهون) is a cosmetic procedure that removes unwanted fat deposits from your body, contours specific areas and alters the body shape. It is also widely used in treatments of Post Weight loss in Dubai. There are various techniques being used for Liposuction procedure and it can be done either on one area or multiple areas in the same procedure.
- 1. What is liposuction?
- 2. *Facts You Must Know
- 3. B&A Results
- 4. Liposuction Areas
- 5. Who is The Liposuction Candidate?
- 6. Liposuction Procedure
- 7. Liposuction Surgeons
- 8. Pre-operative Instructions
- 9. Recovery Time
- 10. Post-operative Instructions
- 11. Important Terminologies
- 12. Liposuction FAQ’s
- 13. Free Consultation
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very high Success Rate
The results from liposuction (Fat Grafting Procedure) – well-contoured and shapelier body – are lasting but only if you maintain stable weight by following proper exercise and diet regimen. The final results will become apparent after swelling and fluid retention subsides completely. This may take time period of several months. Click here to Check out Before after results.
Liposuction is carried out on areas of the body where deposits of fats tend to collect more. The most common areas that are treated with Fat transfer Treatment include:
- Buttocks and hips
- Inner knee
- Calves and ankles
- Upper arms
- Chest area
- Cheeks, chin and neck
Liposuction can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures like tummy tuck, breast reduction or facelift surgery.
Who is The Liposuction Candidate?
Liposuction, a fat grafting Treatment is an effective procedure for both men and women.. You may be an ideal candidate for this procedure if:
- You are in good health.
- You don’t have any active disease or pre-existing medical conditions that may halt the healing process.
- You are not obese but slightly above your average weight.
- You have excess fat deposits that are not responsive to diet and exercise.
- You have firm, elastic and healthy skin.
- You are not taking any blood thinning medications.
- You don’t smoke.
- You are not pregnant or lactating.
- You have realistic expectations from the procedure.
There are various techniques for the procedure of liposuction and the duration of surgery also varies from patient to patient depending on the technique used and extent of surgery. Traditional fat transfer procedure includes the following steps:
- At first, anesthesia is administered. The options include intravenous sedation, local anesthesia and general anesthesia but the procedure is usually performed under general anesthesia.
- Your surgeon will make minor inconspicuous incisions at few sites on the treatment area.
- A diluted local anesthesia is injected into the treatment area to reduce the risk of bleeding and trauma.
- After injecting local anesthesia, a small cannula – thin hollow tube – will be inserted through incisions. This cannula will be moved back and forth to loosen the excess fat.
- The broken fat will be removed using syringe or vacuum attached to the cannula.
- Finally, incisions will be stitched closed with sutures. Absorbent dressings will be placed on incision wounds.
Our plastic surgeon will give you detailed and customized list of pre-surgical instructions that will help you get prepared for the procedure but below given are some common instructions for preparing for surgery:
- Maintain a healthy weight before surgery.
- Stop smoking because it slows down the healing process.
- Stop intake of alcohol.
- Talk to your doctor about any allergies and previous medical conditions.
- Take prescribed medications regularly and adjust current medications.
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory medications and herbal supplements because they increase the risk of bleeding.
- Get lab tests done.
- Wear old and lose clothes on the day of surgery.
- Have a good night sleep, prior to the surgery.
- Arrange someone who can drive you to home after surgery.
You can avoid any side effects and reduce the downtime by following the instructions of your surgeon. You may feel discomfort, swelling and bruising in initial few days of recovery, but it will diminish in no time. However, swelling may take time to subside completely but rest of the side effects will be resolved completely in several days.
- You will be a given a fitted compression garment which will in retraction of the skin over suctioned areas. Wear the garment overnight.
- Avoid strenuous activities and exercises for two to three days after the procedure.
- Take care of your incisions sites and drains. Keep them clean by showering once or twice daily.
- Use prescribed oral and topical medications to trigger healing process and avoid infections.
- Cannula – a thin hollow tube that is used to break down the fat cells.
- General anesthesia – medication used during surgery to prevent pain and keep patient unconscious.
- Intravenous sedation – injecting sedative into the vein to relax the patient.
- Local anesthesia – medication that is injected directly in the treatment area to relieve pain and discomfort.
- Lipoplasty– alternate term for liposuction.
- Liposuction – lipo means fat and suction means sucking out, so liposuction procedure vacuums out the fat.
- Sutures – stitches used to close incisions by holding the skin together.
- Hematoma – accumulation of blood beneath the skin.
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery is one of the leading aesthetics plastic surgery clinics in UAE. Fill up the form to get the free consultation from our Dubai & Abu Dhabi Clinics.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest