What is liposuction?
Liposuction (شفط الدهون) is a cosmetic procedure that removes unwanted fat deposits from your body, contours specific areas and alters the body shape. It is also widely used in treatments of Post Weight loss in Dubai. There are various techniques being used for Liposuction in Dubai and it can be done either on one area or multiple areas uring the same procedure.
- 1. What is liposuction?
- 2. *Facts You Must Know
- 3. Liposuction Before & After Results
- 4. Liposuction Areas
- 5. Are You a Liposuction Candidate?
- 6. Liposuction Procedure
- 7. Liposuction Surgeons
- 8. Pre-operative Instructions
- 9. Recovery Time
- 10. Post-operative Instructions
- 11. Important Terminologies
- 12. Liposuction FAQ’s
- 13. Possible Complications
- 14. Results
- 15. Free Consultation
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very high Success Rate
Liposuction Before & After Results
The results from liposuction (Fat Grafting Procedure) – well-contoured and shapelier body – are lasting but only if you maintain a stable weight by following proper exercise and diet regimen. The final results will become apparent after swelling and fluid retention subsides completely. This may take time period of several months. Click here to Check out Before after results.
Liposuction is carried out on areas of the body where deposits of fats tend to collect more. The most common areas that are treated with Fat transfer Treatment in Dubai and Abu Dhabi include:
- Buttocks and hips
- Inner knee
- Calves and ankles
- Upper arms
- Chest area
- Cheeks, chin and neck
Liposuction can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures like tummy tuck, breast reduction or facelift surgery.
Are You a Liposuction Candidate?
Liposuction, a fat grafting Treatment is an effective procedure for both men and women. You may be an ideal candidate for this procedure if:
- You are in good health.
- You don’t have any active disease or pre-existing medical conditions that may halt the healing process.
- You are not obese but slightly above your average weight.
- You have excess fat deposits that are not responsive to diet and exercise.
- You have firm, elastic and healthy skin.
- You are not taking any blood thinning medications.
- You don’t smoke.
- You are not pregnant or lactating.
- You have realistic expectations from the procedure.
There are various techniques for the procedure of liposuction in Dubai and the duration of surgery also varies from patient to patient depending on the technique used and extent of surgery. Traditional fat transfer procedure includes the following steps:
- At first, anesthesia is administered. The options include intravenous sedation, local anesthesia and general anesthesia but the procedure is usually performed under general anesthesia.
- Your surgeon will make minor inconspicuous incisions at few sites on the treatment area.
- A diluted local anesthesia is injected into the treatment area to reduce the risk of bleeding and trauma.
- After injecting local anesthesia, a small cannula – thin hollow tube – will be inserted through incisions. This cannula will be moved back and forth to loosen the excess fat.
- The broken fat will be removed using syringe or vacuum attached to the cannula.
- Finally, incisions will be stitched closed with sutures. Absorbent dressings will be placed on incision wounds.
Our plastic surgeon will give you detailed and customized list of pre-surgical instructions that will help you get prepared for the procedure but below given are some common instructions for preparing for surgery:
- Maintain a healthy weight before surgery.
- Stop smoking because it slows down the healing process.
- Stop intake of alcohol.
- Talk to your doctor about any allergies and previous medical conditions.
- Take prescribed medications regularly and adjust current medications.
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory medications and herbal supplements because they increase the risk of bleeding.
- Get lab tests done.
- Wear old and lose clothes on the day of surgery.
- Have a good night sleep, prior to the surgery.
- Arrange someone who can drive you to home after surgery.
You can avoid any side effects and reduce the downtime by following the instructions of your surgeon. You may feel discomfort, swelling and bruising in initial few days of recovery, but it will diminish in no time. However, swelling may take time to subside completely but rest of the side effects will be resolved completely in several days.
- You will be a given a fitted compression garment which will in retraction of the skin over suctioned areas. Wear the garment overnight.
- Avoid strenuous activities and exercises for two to three days after the procedure.
- Take care of your incisions sites and drains. Keep them clean by showering once or twice daily.
- Use prescribed oral and topical medications to trigger healing process and avoid infections.
- Cannula – a thin hollow tube that is used to break down the fat cells.
- General anesthesia – medication used during surgery to prevent pain and keep patient unconscious.
- Intravenous sedation – injecting sedative into the vein to relax the patient.
- Local anesthesia – medication that is injected directly in the treatment area to relieve pain and discomfort.
- Lipoplasty– alternate term for liposuction.
- Liposuction – lipo means fat and suction means sucking out, so liposuction procedure vacuums out the fat.
- Sutures – stitches used to close incisions by holding the skin together.
- Hematoma – accumulation of blood beneath the skin.
How Dangerous is Liposuction?
Liposuction is not a dangerous procedure at all. It is quite safe to get this procedure done. All you require is to select your surgeon very carefully.
Like any other procedure, this fat loss method also comes with some amount of risks.
- Unsatisfactory results
- Risks associated with anesthesia
- Allergic reaction
- Severe bruising
- Contour irregularities
- Severe inflammation
- Skin burns
Suggestion – You should get an initial consultation with your surgeon to clear your queries regarding risks and other important aspects. Also, in case of experiencing any issue, don’t hesitate to contact your doctor.
How Long Does it Take to Recover From Liposuction?
The recovery after liposuction is quite quick. Usually, it may take a few days to get you back at work. You may expect soreness, swelling, and bruising for a few weeks after the procedure. Also, recovery time may differ from one person to another.
You should expect realistic results from this procedure. However, you should know that it is not a weight loss but a body contouring procedure. You will get a contoured and shaped body as a result. The results are manageable by managing your weight.
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery is one of the leading aesthetics plastic surgery clinics in UAE. Fill up the form to get a FREE consultation at our Dubai & Abu Dhabi Clinics.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest