Liposuction (شفط الدهون) also known as fat removal treatment is a cosmetic procedure that removes unwanted fat deposits from your body, contours specific areas and alters the body shape. It is also widely used in post weight loss treatments. Various techniques are used for Liposuction in Dubai and it can be done either on one area or multiple areas using the same procedure.
- 1. *Facts You Must Know
- 2. What areas can be treated with Liposuction?
- 3. Are you a good candidate?
- 4. Liposuction Procedure
- 5. Liposuction Surgeons
- 6. How to Prepare for Liposuction?
- 7. Post-operative Instructions
- 8. Is Liposuction Dangerous?
- 9. Possible Complications
- 10. How Long Does it Take to Recover?
- 11. Results
- 12. Before & After Results
- 13. Liposuction FAQ’s
- 14. Free Consultation
*Facts You Must Know
Cost of Treatment
Very high Success Rate
What areas can be treated with Liposuction?
The treatment is carried out on the body areas where deposits of fat tend to collect more. The most common areas that are treated with Liposuction in Dubai include:
- Buttocks and hips
- Inner knee
- Calves and ankles
- Upper arms
- Chest area
- Cheeks, chin and neck
Are you a good candidate?
Liposuction, a fat grafting treatment is an effective procedure for both men and women. You may be an ideal candidate for this procedure if:
- You are in good health.
- You don’t have any active disease or pre-existing medical conditions that may halt the healing process.
- You are not obese but slightly above your average weight.
- You have excess fat deposits that are not responsive to diet and exercise.
- You have firm, elastic and healthy skin.
- You are not taking any blood-thinning medications.
- You don’t smoke.
- You are not pregnant or lactating.
- You have realistic expectations from the procedure.
There are various techniques to perform liposuction in Dubai and the duration of surgery also varies from patient to patient depending on the technique used and extent of surgery. Traditional fat removal procedure includes the following steps:
- At first, anesthesia is administered into the treatment area. The options include intravenous sedation, local anesthesia, and general anesthesia but the procedure is usually performed under general anesthesia because it reduces the risk of bleeding and trauma.
- Your surgeon will make minor inconspicuous incisions at a few sites on the treatment area.
- Through these incisions, a small cannula – thin hollow tube – will be inserted. Then the cannula will be moved back and forth to loosen the excess fat.
- The broken fat will be removed using a syringe or vacuum attached to the cannula.
- Finally, incisions will be stitched closed with sutures.
- Absorbent dressings will be placed on incision wounds.
How to Prepare for Liposuction?
Our plastic surgeon will give you a detailed and customized list of pre-surgical instructions that will help you in preparing for the procedure. Mentioned below are some common instructions to prepare for the surgery:
- Maintain a healthy weight before surgery.
- Stop smoking because it slows down the healing process.
- Stop the intake of alcohol.
- Talk to your doctor about any allergies and previous medical conditions.
- Take prescribed medications regularly and adjust current medications.
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory medications, and herbal supplements because they increase the risk of bleeding.
- Get all the lab tests done.
- Wear old and loose clothes on the day of surgery.
- Have a good sleep at night, prior to the surgery.
- Arrange someone who can drive you home after surgery.
- You will be given a fitted compression garment to wear overnight.
- Avoid strenuous activities and exercises for two to three days after the procedure.
- Take care of your incisions sites and drains. Keep them clean by showering once or twice daily.
- Use prescribed oral and topical medications to trigger the healing process and avoid infections.
Is Liposuction Dangerous?
Liposuction in Dubai is not a dangerous procedure at all. It is quite safe to get this procedure. All you require is to select your surgeon very carefully.
Like any other procedure, this fat loss method also comes with some amount of risks.
- Unsatisfactory results
- Risks associated with anesthesia
- Allergic reaction
- Severe bruising
- Contour irregularities
- Severe inflammation
- Skin burns
Suggestion – You should consult with your surgeon to clear your queries regarding risks and other important aspects. Also, in case of experiencing any issue, don’t hesitate to contact your doctor.
How Long Does it Take to Recover?
The recovery after liposuction is quite quick but it differs from one person to another. Usually, it might take a few days to get back to work. You may expect soreness, discomfort, swelling, and bruising for a few weeks after the procedure.
You should expect realistic results from this procedure. However, you should know that it is not a weight loss but a body contouring procedure. You will get a contoured and well-shaped body as a result. The results are manageable if you manage your weight.
Before & After Results
The results from liposuction (Fat Grafting Procedure) are lasting but only if you maintain a stable weight by following proper exercise and diet regimen. The final results will become apparent after swelling and fluid retention subsides completely. It might take several months. Click here to check out before-after results.
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery is one of the leading plastic surgery clinics that is offering liposuction in Dubai. If you are willing to get the treatment and want to learn more about it then schedule an initial consultation with our plastic surgeons. Fill up the form to get a FREE consultation at our clinic.
Fill in the form to get Consultation100% Financing with 0% Interest