One must consider two or more plastic surgeons before making his final decision regarding any plastic surgery. You can research about the relevant plastic surgery on the internet but it can’t replace the necessity of a personalized consultation with the surgeon. The surgeon would explain all the queries that you have in your mind and help you in making the right decision.
If you have booked a consultation with a plastic surgeon, we can help you make the most out of it. You should ask all the questions and share all your concerns related to the surgery with your surgeon. Even if you read the details online, we recommend you ask the surgeon directly for accurate details.
In an initial consultation, your doctor is likely is to answer a lot of questions from you to examine your general health both physical and mental. You are supposed to share your medical history with the surgeon. Tell him if you had undergone any surgery before and how was your experience. Your surgeon must know if your body is allergic to anything. You will be asked about any medications you are taking.
Some medicines can intervene with the healing process after surgery, so you should not skip any medication even if you are taking vitamin tablets. Your medications might be affecting your blood pressure that can create problems during or after the surgery. Your surgeon might tell you to stop taking blood-thinning medicines like aspirin for at least 2 weeks before the surgery. You will be prescribed alternative medications for that, but what’s important is that you share it with your doctor.
It is your right to ask the surgeon about his certifications and experience in the respective plastic surgery. You should ask him if he’s a board certified surgeon or not. Ask him to show you before & after photos that show the results from previous cases he has attended.
Questions About the Surgeon
- How many surgeries he has performed?
- For how long he has been practicing this surgical procedure?
- What has been the response from his previous clients?
You must be aware of all the aspects of the procedure after the consultation with the surgeon. Here is the list of few questions that you must not forget to ask. Feel free to add more according to your concerns.
Questions Related to the Procedure
- What are the treatment options available? Which is the most effective one?
- Who is the right candidate for this procedure?
- Explain the procedure of surgery in detail?
- Where will be the procedure performed?
- What kind of anesthesia will be used?
- How much time would the procedure take to complete?
- How long would the results take to be completely visible?
- Would the results be permanent or not?
- Is there a risk of scar formation? How can it be reduced?
- How long would the scar take to disappear?
- How am I supposed to prepare for the procedure?
- What expectations should I keep from the procedure?
- How lengthy would be the downtime?
- How would be the recovery process like?
- Is there any diet restriction before and after the surgery?
- What are the possible side effects?
- What are the risks involved?
- How will be infections or other complications controlled?
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic offers an absolutely free consultation with our plastic surgeons. You will be given an honest advice about the treatment you should opt for. To book a consultation with one of our surgeons, fill in the given form.