The face is a valuable asset, it is the first thing that people see when they look at you. That is why many people go the extra mile in protecting it and making it look good. It would be devastating for such people to have some kind of facial scar. It is especially hard to cover up or hide a facial scar unlike scars on the other parts of the body. But it is now possible through a facial scar revision treatment.
Scarring happens after an injury and is a natural part of healing. Although facial scars show signs of a battle that you overcame, they make someone more conscious about his or her looks as well. As a result, they might lose self-confidence. Therefore, we will discuss some treatment options that can remove facial wound scars effectively.
Types of Facial Scars
There are different types of facial scars and some of them include;
- Acne scars: This happens when you have severe acne. There are different types of acne scars such as deep pits and scars that appear wavelike or angular. The type of acne scar that you have will determine the type of facial scar revision treatment you’ll get.
- Contracture scars: This happens when the skin has been burned and it has healed. These types of scars tighten the skin and can sometimes impair movement. They may also affect the nerves and muscles.
- Hypertrophic scars: They are raised red scars and are treated using steroids to reduce the inflammation.
Treatment Options for Facial Scar Revision
Mentioned below are some treatment options for facial scars.
Facial scar revision can be done using chemical peels that contain mild acids. They are applied to the skin in a single layer which makes the upper layer of the skin peel off or exfoliate. Hence, a new layer of the skin is exposed. There are 3 types of chemical peels;
- Superficial peel: This improves discoloration of the skin and has mild effects.
- Medium peel: This is mostly used for anti-aging benefits.
- Deep peel: This is quite intense and uses phenol. It is the best type to treat scars as it goes deep into the skin.
Dermabrasion is one of the most effectively used ways for facial scar revision. A wheel or wire brush is used in exfoliating the top layer of the facial skin.
Laser treatments use focused light to get rid of the facial scar without harming the surrounding area. It is safe and precise.
Intense Pulse Light IPL
IPL penetrates into the deeper layers of the skin under the scar where the collagen is. It stimulates the levels of collagen to increase so that your facial scar can heal naturally.
There are plenty of facial scar revision treatments available. But, it ultimately depends on the type of scars you have, your budget, and the risks. All the above facial scar revision treatments should be performed by a qualified dermatologist. Your face is precious so do not allow an unqualified person to deal with it. To get facial scar revision treatment, visit Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic. We offer a free initial consultation and the best quality treatment. So, book your appointment now.