Although a bit of natural oil is good for moisture preservation in your skin but it can easily become a problem when in excess. This is why people often feel that they are fighting a losing battle when it comes to dealing with an oily face. Oily skin occurs when your sebaceous glands that lie under the dermis become larger and as a result produce excessive oil. It is not impossible to treat oily skin, you just need to have good knowledge about skincare.
Today, we will discuss some useful remedies that can help you get rid of oily skin. But first, it is necessary to know the causes of oily skin.
Causes of oily skin
Mentioned below are some of the main causes of oily skin;
Just like many other things that are passed along in your family, oily skin is also a matter of genetics. If both of your parents or one of them has oily skin, the chances for you to have the same skin are very high. But no need to worry because research has shown that the oilier the skin, the younger we look, and the fewer wrinkles we get; but at times it can be too much.
According to featured research on sciencedaily.com, stress along with affecting you physically and psychologically also plays a part in causing dermatological issues. This is because when your stress levels rise, cortisol, which is the stress hormone in your body, also rises. As a result, the amount of oil being produced also increases leading to that greasy look on your skin.
Some forms of birth control can easily lead to oily skin. This happens when birth control causes dehydration and the sebaceous glands end up overproducing sebum to compensate for the loss.
Other causes for oily skin include over use of derma care products, weather, fluctuating hormone levels, and different types of medication.
Remedies for oily skin
A little bit of oil is good for the skin, but too much of a good thing can also be bad. That said, here are a few easy ways, one can use to maneuver through this greasy situation.
- Use water-based cosmetics: By changing your range of cosmetics from the usual to “for oily skin”, you will be taking a huge step towards a non-oilier feel on the face. These cosmetics are usually water-based and do not add shine while you are trying to get rid of it.
- Reconsider your birth control: Pay a visit to your gynecologist and request a different type of birth control which would probably not cause your face to have more oil than needed.
- Wash your face twice a day: Try to wash your face in the morning and in the evening and not in-between. Less washing will lead to the accumulation of grease, while excess washing will lead to the overproduction of sebum. It is important to wash your face using warm water so that it breaks the oil and opens the pores. Afterward, splash your face with cold water so that the pores close.
- Use alcohol-based wipes: These wipes can help reduce the shine on your face and are better used when you are on the go.
- Egg yolk: Eggs are not only nutritious for our bodies but are also good for an oily face too. Apply the yolk of the egg on your face and let it stay for 15 to 20 minutes. Afterward, wash with warm water to get an oil-free face.
- Lemon juice: Squeeze a few drops of lemon juice on cotton wool and apply it on your face. Let it stay for 10 to 15 minutes. Wash it off and discover a smooth, less oily skin.
- Keep stress at bay: Since high levels of stress add extra oil to your face, it is advisable to stay away from stressful situations and learn how to relax.
- Finally, if you are out and about and your face starts looking like an oil-glazed doughnut, keep oil-absorbing tissues with you and use them to bloat off any oil from your face.
Mentioned above are some of the effective ways to treat oily skin. Still, if you need professional assistance and expert advice then visit Dubai Cosmetic Surgery®. Our skincare specialists will examine your skin and will suggest you the best treatments to tackle the oily-skin problem. You can book an appointment by filling the form given below and we will offer you a free initial consultation.