Is your skin showing up fine lines and wrinkles? Do you feel your skin is losing its firmness? Are age spots, sun spots and freckles bothering you? Tired of dull skin complexion? Do you want smoother and clearer skin? If yes, then skin resurfacing treatment may be worth considering. Skin rejuvenation or resurfacing treatments are non-surgical procedures that are designed to reverse the signs of aging and enhance skin imperfections.
Skin Resurfacing can do?
Aging is a natural inevitable process that comes with a lot of unsightly changes to the skin. Certain other factors like excessive sun exposure and unhealthy lifestyle also contribute to skin irregularities on the face and certain other parts of the body. These imperfections may include textural irregularities like fine lines, wrinkles, scarring, acne and enlarged pores and pigmentation disorders such as sun spots and freckles. Moreover, skin also loses its tone and firmness with the effect of aging. Skin resurfacing treatments can safely and effectively treat all these imperfections. Have a look what skin conditions skin resurfacing treatments treat to rejuvenate your skin.
- Static and dynamic wrinkles: Skin resurfacing treatments are effective for elimination of both static and dynamic wrinkles. Static wrinkles are those which do not change in appearance with facial movements. On the other hand, dynamic wrinkles are those lines, which appear as a result of facial expressions and become deeper and more visible over time.
- Pigmentation disorders: Skin resurfacing treatments are effective for treating nearly all kinds of pigmentation disorders including freckles, sun spots, age spots and other dark patches on the skin.
- Scars: Skin resurfacing is also helpful for removal of scars caused by acne, injury or surgery. Pitted or depressed scars are mostly treated with skin resurfacing treatments.
- Vascular conditions: Appearance of blood vessels visible on skin’s surface can also be minimized with skin resurfacing treatments. They are also effective for removal of blisters, vascular lesions and facial redness.
- Sagging skin: Skin resurfacing treatments comprise an option for restoring the firmness of skin also. They boost the production of elastin and collagen – important supportive skin structures.
Skin resurfacing procedures
Skin rejuvenation can be done using various techniques and methods. Some popular and really effective skin resurfacing procedures are discussed below:
- Microdermabrasion and dermabrasion: Microdermabrasion and dermabrasion both procedures are effective skin resurfacing techniques that work by exfoliating top damaged layers of skin to reveal smoother and clearer skin. Dermabrasion is, however, a bit harsher than microdermabrasion.
- Laser skin resurfacing: Laser skin resurfacing is considered the most effective non-surgical skin rejuvenation procedure. This technique involves use of various lasers to improve textural irregularities and tone imperfections of skin.
- IPL therapy: IPL is another popular skin resurfacing procedure that improves skin tone and texture, minimizes fine lines and wrinkles and boosts collagen production, making skin more youthful.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peeling is an effective skin rejuvenation procedure that is used for treating a number of skin issues. Chemical peeling involves application of chemicals on the skin, which exfoliate the damaged layers of skin and reveal healthier and smoother skin underneath. Chemical peels come in different strengths. The stronger the peel, the better the results you will get.
If signs of aging are showing up on your skin and you are noticing changes in skin tone and texture, you should not delay booking a free consultation with our laser and skin care experts. Visit Dubai Cosmetic Surgery today or fill the free online consultation form given below to book an appointment now.