Discoloration of skin under the eyes is referred to dark circles. There are a number of causes behind their appearance including aging, heredity, less sleep, pigmentation, unhealthy diet and sun damage. Both the genders men and women can suffer from this condition. Dark circles do not cause any severe problem but they make you look unhealthy, tired, older and exhausted. There are a number of natural home remedies and cosmetic treatments for their removal but here we will discuss only the natural home remedies that can make it easy for you to get rid of dark circles under your eyes. However, they are suitable if the dark circles are not very prominent.
Almond oil is a natural and very effective ingredient to keep the delicate skin around the eyes healthy. Regular use of almond oil on the dark circles help fade them and its use with vitamin E improves the results. The instructions for use of almond oil are as follows.
- Apply a little amount of almond oil on the dark circles and massage it gently before going to bed.
- Leave the oil there over night.
- Wash it with cold water in the morning.
- Follow these steps daily till you get rid of dark circles.
Cucumber has natural skin lightening properties that are very helpful for removal of dark circles. They also give soothing and refreshing effect. The tips for its use are given below.
- Cut thick slices of fresh cucumber and chill them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Put these slices on the dark area under the eyes for ten minutes and then wash it with water. Repeat the process twice a day for a week or so.
- Mix cucumber juice and lemon juice and apply this mixture on dark circles with the help of cotton. Leave it there for 15 minutes and wash it. Repeat this for at least a week.
Rose water is also very effective for skin care; it rejuvenates the skin and gives soothing effect to the eyes. It is a good toner and has astringent properties. Know how you can use it.
- Soak cotton eye pads in the rose water for some time.
- Put the soaked pads on the eyes.
- Leave them there for 15 minutes.
- Follow this process twice a day for few weeks.
Above given are some effective remedies for dark circles, there are lots of other methods also available to get rid of them.