Microdermabrasion is the most suitable treatment for patients who want to have a younger looking appearance of their skin without going through a surgical procedure, chemical contact or injections. It is a painless treatment that will remove the outermost layer of dead skin cells that makes your appearance dull and uneven.
Microdermabrasion is one of the safest and noninvasive procedures of skin resurfacing in which damaged skin is removed to reveal new and glowing skin.
How it Works?
Microdermabrasion does not take long, it is a quick procedure. It does not involves any pain or invasiveness so you don’t need an anesthesia during the procedure. Your doctor will use an equipment which is like a spatula for sloughing off the dead and damaged cells of skin from the uppermost layer. It does not cause any damage to a healthy skin. Your doctor makes sure your skin has moisture by the use of special hydrators. Such treatment also triggers the blood flow.
Who can opt for Microdermabrasion?
You can opt for microdermabrasion treatment if;
- Your skin has irregular texture.
- You have large pores
- You are experiencing age spots and pigmentation issues.
- You have sagged skin of face, neck and chest.
Who should not opt for microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is not a very good option for you if;
- You are pregnant
- You are prone to cold sores and blisters
- You are suffering from any medical or skin conditions, like rosacea, dermatitis or allergy.
How you should prepare for microdermabrasion?
Your doctor will let you know about the pre-treatment instructions you need to follow in the initial consultation. However, here are few general instructions that you must follow to avoid any complications and get the best results.
- Share your detailed medical history with your doctor.
- Protect your skin from sun exposure, use a strong sunscreen to avoid sun damage.
- Stop using blood thinning medications before the procedure.
- You will to follow a prescribed skin care regimen
- Stop waxing or harsh exfoliating before the procedure.
What to expect after treatment?
You may feel redness or swelling of treated skin for some time after the treatment. These effects will subside in a day or two. There are no side effects for long term.
What is the downtime?
The microdermabrasion treatment does not require a downtime as other skin treatments may do. However, in rare cases, a patient may experience a slight pinkness of the skin, or swelling which goes away in 24 hours. If you feel any change in skin that your dermatologist has not told you to expect. Call or consult your dermatologist straight away to avoid any complications.
Dubai Cosmetic surgery offers the microdermabrasion with specialized doctors and highly trained staff at reasonable cost. Fill in the consultation form to get a clear picture of procedure, results and costs.