They are hardly a serious disease but those ugly little silvery lines on your skin – known as stretch marks – are a serious concern for many people, especially in summer season when everyone wants clear and smooth skin. Some causes behind their occurrence include rapid weight loss or weight gain, adolescence and pregnancy. Almost all the teenagers and pregnant women experience this condition. Do also have stretch marks on your body? Want to get rid of them safely and permanently? Read on to know the methods that can help you get rid of them.
There is a wide range of stretch marks treatments – from natural home remedies to topical creams to laser and skin care treatments. Have a look on some options.
Home remedies for stretch marks
Stretch marks that are not very severe or deep can be treated with natural home remedies. Some effective and simple home remedies for stretch marks are given below:
- Castor oil: You must have heard about castor oil as a good stimulant for hair growth and lashes but it has the ability of removing stretch marks as well. It is considered one of the best healing treatments for skin related issues. It is assumed that ricinoleic acid in the castor oil makes it a strong remedy for stretch marks.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera has soothing and healing properties and it can heal wounds and tears very quickly. So, it is an effective natural remedy for stretch marks.
- Egg Whites: Egg white has protein in it which helps nourish and heal the skin naturally and diminish stretch marks over some period of time.
- Lemon: Lemon juice is one of the best home remedies for stretch marks. Acidic property of lemon helps exfoliate damaged skin cells and fade stretch marks by stimulating healing of skin.
- Potato: Potato juice is another effective natural remedy for stretch marks. It stimulates skin cell restoration and diminishes stretch marks over time.
Natural home remedies are for sure beneficial for stretch mark removal but only in mild cases. Furthermore, they may not give optimal results and require long period of time to give desired results. So, if you want comparatively quick remedy, consider cosmetic treatments for stretch marks. Listed below are some helpful options:
Stretch marks creams
Stretch marks creams are more effective and faster than home remedies but they also take time to produce desired results. The ingredients that are usually found in stretch mark creams include vitamin A, E and K, collagen, elastin and glycolic acid, pantothenic acid. These creams work by stimulating healing process in the skin and restoring the support structures. Avoid using any stretch mark cream without recommendation of an experienced practitioner.
Microdermabrasion may not be as effective as other cosmetic procedures are but it can help you diminish mild to moderate stretch marks or reduce their appearance. This procedure is basically designed to treat epidermis layer of skin and stretch marks affect dermis. However epidermis may also be affected. Microdermabrasion can make stretch marks less visible by healing the epidermal damage caused by stretch marks.
Chemical peeling is another cosmetic procedure that can help diminish stretch marks to some extent. Like microdermabrasion, this treatment also treats the upper layer of skin by exfoliating dead and damaged skin cells. This is why it is well-suited treatment for removal of mild and shallow stretch marks only.
Laser treatment is the most helpful stretch mark removal treatment. During laser treatment, a beam of light penetrates the skin and treats the damage caused by stretch marks in deeper layer of skin. It stimulates the natural healing process in the skin and also boosts collagen production, which causes and skin cells regeneration and diminishes stretch marks.
Seeking right place to get stretch marks treatment? Dubai Cosmetic Surgery is worth considering. We offer a wide range of stretch mark removal treatments. We have highly experienced laser and skin care experts on board. So, don’t delay booking a free consultation with our experts for expert opinion. We offer free consultation to our prestigious clients.
To book an appointment with our laser and skin care experts, contact us now or fill the free online consultation form below.