Having dark circles under the lower eyelids is something common among men and women. When you have dark circles under your eyes, they make you look older than your actual age, fatigue, and dull. It becomes difficult to get rid of them. Some people are fond of using home remedies to get rid of them while others use topical medicines. Here, you need to know which method is best to treat the problem. Different causes may play their role in the onset of this problem. There is the need to know the exact reason so that your doctor can suggest you best possible dark circle treatment on the basis of the cause. This article discusses different reasons for having this problem and their possible treatments. Continue reading to explore more!
Reasons for Dark Circles
Different reasons are linked to dark circles. You should take a check on your routine to identify the exact reason.
- Sleep problem
- More exposure to the sun
- Loss of collagen
- Poor nutrition
- Disappeared fat under the eyes
- Sagging or thinning of the skin under the eyes
- Excessive use of caffeinated or alcoholic drinks
- Nasal congestion
- Atopic dermatitis
- Cardiovascular insufficiency
- Kidney disorders
- Vitamin or iron deficiency
- Scratching or rubbing eyes
Various treatment options are available to get rid of dark circles. You should select a method on the basis of your situation. Your doctor can help you in choosing the best option for you. Following are some effective methods!
- Topical Eye Creams – Bleaching agents and skin lightening ingredients are included in topical creams which claim to remove your dark circles. These creams seem effective for the problem which is caused because of excessive sun exposure or pigmentation.
- Chemical Peels – If hyperpigmentation is a cause of your problem, then chemical peels will work for you. This procedure works by boosting the production of collagen and reducing pigmentation from the skin. Usually, glycolic acid and TCA peels are utilized to perform the procedure.
- IPL Treatment – It is one of the most used procedures for removing dark circles under the eyes. If visible blood vessels are the cause of having blue or purple dark circles, then this treatment is worthy. It works by using light energy to make blood vessels less visible.
- Mesotherapy Treatment – Multiple sessions of the treatment assists in removing eye bags and dark circles under the eyes. Your own blood is used to perform the procedure.
- Laser Treatment – Laser treatment is quite effective for dark circles. It works by tightening the skin under your eyes and promoting the production of collagen. As a result, it improves the texture and tone of your skin from the targeted area. Furthermore, it resurfaces the skin by reducing fine lines and brown spots from the lower eyelids. Usually, we use fractional laser CO2 to perform the procedure.
- Dermal Fillers – Injectable fillers are used to work for making your skin beautiful and look fuller if you are having fat loss or thinning of the skin. You need to get multiple sessions of the treatment to get benefits.
See Your Doctor
You should visit your doctor to know which treatment is best for you. He will know your goals, do a proper examination of your skin, and then suggest you the best possible skincare treatment.