It is quite common among men and women to have dark circles under the lower eyelids. Dark circles under your eyes make you look older, fatigued, and dull than your actual age. Getting rid of them is also not an easy task. There are numerous methods of reducing dark circles around the eyes. Some people use home remedies to get rid of them while others use topical medicines. Here, you need to know which method is more suitable to treat the problem.
Similarly, it is necessary for you to know the exact reason for dark circles so that your doctor can suggest the best possible dark circle treatment on the basis of the cause. Different causes may play a role in the onset of this problem.
Therefore, in this blog, we have discussed different reasons for dark circles occurrence and their possible treatments. Continue reading to explore more!
Reasons for Dark Circles
Different reasons are linked to dark circles. You should take a check on your routine to identify the exact reason. Some of the common reasons include;
- Sleep problem
- More exposure to the sun
- Loss of collagen
- Poor nutrition
- Disappeared fat under the eyes
- Sagging or thinning of the skin under the eyes
- Excessive use of caffeinated or alcoholic drinks
- Nasal congestion
- Atopic dermatitis
- Cardiovascular insufficiency
- Kidney disorders
- Vitamin or iron deficiency
- Scratching or rubbing eyes
Various treatment options are available to get rid of dark circles. You should select a method on the basis of your situation. Your doctor can help you in choosing the best option for you. The following are some effective methods!
- Topical Eye Creams – Bleaching agents and skin lightening ingredients are included in topical creams that claim to remove your dark circles. These creams seem effective for the problem which is caused because of excessive sun exposure or pigmentation.
- Chemical Peels – If hyperpigmentation is a cause of your problem, then chemical peels will work for you. This procedure works by boosting the production of collagen and reducing pigmentation from the skin. Usually, glycolic acid and TCA peels are utilized to perform the procedure.
- IPL Treatment – It is one of the most commonly used procedures for removing dark circles under the eyes. If visible blood vessels are the cause of having blue or purple dark circles, then this treatment is worthy. It works by using light energy to make blood vessels less visible.
- Mesotherapy Treatment – Multiple sessions of this treatment assist in removing eye bags and dark circles under the eyes. Your own blood is used to perform the procedure.
- Laser Treatment – Laser treatment is quite effective for dark circles. It works by tightening the skin under your eyes and promoting the production of collagen. As a result, it improves the texture and tone of your skin from the targeted area. Furthermore, it resurfaces the skin by reducing fine lines and brown spots from the lower eyelids. Usually, fractional laser CO2 is used to perform the procedure.
- Dermal Fillers – Injectable fillers are used to make your skin look beautiful and fuller if you are having fat loss or facing skin thinning. You need to get multiple sessions of the treatment for beneficial results.
Choose the Best Dermatologist
You should consult with your doctor first to know which treatment is best for you. He will discuss your expectations, do a proper examination of your skin, and then suggest the best possible skincare treatment. Dubai Cosmetic Surgery® offers a wide range of cosmetic treatments for patients all over the UAE with a free initial consultation. You can book your appointment now.