As we all know that countries all over the world are fighting the novel coronavirus that has caused thousands of deaths up till now. Coronavirus (COVID-19) that first emerged in Wuhan- China has now spread to almost 199 countries in the world. Considering this exponential increase in Covid-19 cases throughout the world, the World Health Organization (WHO) has declared the Covid-19 outbreak a global pandemic. In this challenging situation where countries are opting for the lockdown to maintain social distancing, it becomes difficult to visit a clinic for any kind of treatment.
Public Health Organizations and the Ministry of Health are stressing over the fact that people should stay in their homes and avoid unnecessary gatherings and interactions. All this is being done to stop the infection from spreading.
Table of Contents
Let’s discuss Covid-19 in detail and see how you can protect yourself from getting infected.
What is Covid-19?
Covid-19 is an infectious disease that is caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. It spreads through the droplets of saliva, cough or sneeze of an infected person. A person who is carrying the virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness. People with a weak immune system or underlying medical problems like diabetes, cancer or cardiovascular disease are at risk of developing serious illness if infected by a coronavirus. The common symptoms of the disease are;
- High fever greater than 100.4º F
- Dry Cough
- Shortness of breath
There is no cure for the virus right now except for prevention. You can only prevent and reduce its transmission by maintaining a social distance, practicing respiratory etiquettes and ensuring cleanliness.
How to protect yourself from Covid-19?
Even though coronavirus is spreading very fast, it can be controlled and eliminated by taking some necessary steps. The fatality rate of this virus is only 2% and the majority of the patients recover from the disease. Therefore, instead of panicking, you should stay calm and follow all the precautionary measures that can protect you and your community. You can take the following steps for personal protection;
- Maintain good hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette (like sneezing on a flexed elbow) in all types of community settings.
- Use tissue paper to cover your cough or sneeze and then dispose of that tissue paper properly in a waste bin.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap for at least 20 seconds and if the soap is not available then use a hand sanitizer that has 60-95% alcohol in it.
- Do not touch your face if your hands are not properly clean.
- You should disinfect the things and surfaces that are frequently touched like cellphones, light switches, doorknobs, computer keyboards, computer mouse and remote controls, etc.
- Avoid gatherings and traveling and stay at home.
- If you are feeling sick then isolate yourself at home because in this way you can prevent the infection from suffering. Use a face mask when interacting with someone.
How are we helping our patients during Covid-19?
Just like every other responsible healthcare facility, Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic is also doing everything to keep its patients, staff, and community safe. We are strictly following the instructions given by Dubai Health Authority because your health and well-being is our top priority.
- Considering the importance of social distancing during this crucial time, our team is contacting the patients who had their appointments booked for March and April. We are rescheduling their appointments and providing them all the required assistance online.
- We are available to answer your inquiries and schedule online appointments. You can contact us through our website consultation form, social media accounts or you can call us on our provided numbers. We will provide you online consultations so that you don’t have to visit the clinic in person.
Get Video Consultation
Apart from online consultation, we are now providing video consultation as well due to this global pandemic situation. You can consult with our experts through video calling. In this way, they can examine you and suggest you the best possible treatment by keeping a safe distance. It is a beneficial practice for both the patients and the surgeons. We are doing everything to facilitate you and expect cooperation from you as well. Hence, by following this method you can plan your treatments during the outbreak.
To book an online video consultation, you are requested to share your details through our website, email or social media platforms. Our staff will get in touch with you to schedule a video consultation. We are in this situation together and we can fight this epidemic by supporting and protecting each other.
Stay safe, stay healthy and take care of yourself!