Hair removal has been practiced since years and centuries using various methods but new hair removal techniques are considered better and more advantageous. Laser hair removal is the latest hair removal method that is considered the most effective. The reason behind its popularity and demand is that it provides with permanent hair reduction. However, the success of procedure still varies from patient to patient depending on many factors. Whether laser hair removal is safe and effective procedure or not is still a common debate but by taking care of few things, you can get maximum benefit of the procedure.
In laser hair removal, laser is used to destroy the pigment in the hair follicles that results in permanent reduction of hairs. For this purpose laser beam that passes through the skin and targets the melanin in follicles is introduced to the skin. Laser hair removal requires multiple sessions to give successful results. Before going for the treatment, you must learn about the procedure and ask questions from your practitioner about it.
You can get guaranteed successful results of the procedure by following below given some tips.
- Avoid sun tan and exposure to the sun before going for the procedure. Have a gap of at least 4 weeks between sun tan and the treatment.
- Laser hair removal gives better results for light skin tone and darker hairs and therefore, if you have darker skin then bleaching can help you make your results more successful.
- Avoid waxing, threading, tweezing or epilating before the treatment. You should stop using these methods of hair removal at least three weeks before your treatment is scheduled.
- Shaving the treatment area before treatment is necessary and your practitioner can guide you better when to do it. However, generally patients are required to shave treatment area a day prior to treatment.
- Slight swelling, redness, burning sensation and bumps is common after the treatment. These symptoms are normal but applying cold compresses can resolve these symptoms.
- Exposure to the sun after treatment can cause pigmentation. So, don’t forget to apply sunscreen before going in the sun.
- Using moisturizers after treatment can help you keep your skin hydrated that reduces chances of any skin problems.
- You will have to avoid threading, waxing or epilating after the treatment as well. However, after certain period of time, you can shave.
Above given are few things that need your consideration to make the results of laser treatment successful.