In last few years, tattooing has become the craze of teenagers but more than half of teenagers who get these pigmented marks on their skin become discontented and want to get rid of them as soon as possible. Laser tattoo removal is an effective and quick way to get rid of these pigments. Here we will discuss laser tattoo removal with its benefits and possible risks.
Laser tattoo removal is the procedure in which high intensity light beam is used to remove tattoos. It is done by breaking down the pigments of laser. Wavelength of laser – suitable to the pigment used in tattoo – is used to remove tattoo. Pigments having black color absorb all the laser wavelengths; so, it’s quite easy to remove black and dark colored tattoos. Other colors of pigments can also be treated by selecting the suitable wavelength of laser. The treatment requires few sessions and with every successive session, pigments fade.
Benefits of laser tattoo removal:
- As each tattoo has unique color, so laser treatment can be tailored for each case depending on the requirement and color to be removed.
- Laser is less painful option for removing tattoos as compared to aggressive and painful methods used in the pasts that also caused scars.
- People having tattoos treated before but the results were not effective can also be the candidates of laser tattoo removal.
- Laser is an effective treatment and gives optimal results after few sessions of treatment without leaving any sign of pigment or scar.
- Skin heals quickly and easily and patient tolerates the discomfort of laser treatment.
- Laser tattoo removal has minor and minimum side effects that are temporary too.
- In this treatment, laser just targets the pigments of tattoo without causing any harm or discomfort to the surrounding skin.
Possible side effects of laser tattoo removal:
Though laser treatment is effective and safe treatment for tattoo removal but it also causes minor side effects like, redness, swelling and bruising that are temporary and subside in couple of days or hours. Medications are also prescribed to get rid of these side effects. Some side effects that are very rare and can only be caused if you get treatment from an inexperienced practitioner or laser specialist. These side effects are.
- Infection may be caused at the site of tattoo.
- If laser is not used properly, it can cause hypo pigmentation – appearance of light colored patch on skin – or hyper pigmentation – appearance of dark colored patch on skin.
In short, every treatment has its own pros and cons but laser tattoo removal is more beneficial as compared to cons it has, so, it is an effective option to get rid of tattoos.