Do you have acne scars on your skin? Are you seeking an affordable and effective treatment for your condition? If your answer is yes, then you are not alone. Many people experience this condition at some stage of life. Acne is a painful and troublesome condition, but the trouble is doubled when scars are left behind. Persistent and untreated acne lesions may cause permanent scarring. But don’t worry. There is an effective yet affordable solution that can solve your problem. Laser treatment is your new hope to get rid of stubborn acne scars.
Continue reading to know about it.
How are the acne scars formed?
Acne scars usually occur in the dermis, the skin layer immediately below the surface, which acts as a cushion. Acne causes inflammation in the dermis, and the body stimulates the healing process and collagen production. Superficial scars occur due to too much collagen production, whereas depressed scars are formed as a result of less collagen production. Acne usually results in pitted scars. In some cases, acne does not result in a scar but simply pigmentation change. This change is, however, usually temporary and fades over a few months or years. But acne scars require proper treatment.
Laser treatment for acne scars
Laser skin resurfacing is the treatment that can help you get rid of acne scars completely in few sessions. Nearly every type of acne scar can be treated with laser treatment. Both ablative and non-ablative laser treatments are available for treating acne scars. The treatment may be selected according to the type of scars and patient preferences in terms of the number of treatment sessions and healing time.
- Ablative laser skin resurfacing – this laser treatment is a perfect option for individuals who want dramatic results in fewer sessions. Ablative lasers give effective results for deep scars as well.
- Non-ablative laser skin resurfacing – this laser treatment is well suited for those who prefer milder treatment that requires several sessions but no or minimal healing time.
Lasers that are usually used for acne scars treatment are:
- Fraxel laser: It is a non-ablative laser that works by heating columns of tissues instead of vaporizing them and stimulating collagen production.
- Carbon dioxide laser: It is a relatively new laser that provides better results than Fraxel laser. Carbon dioxide laser emits short bursts of high-energy laser to vaporize scarred tissues layer by layer.
- Fractional CO2 laser: This laser is considered the best choice for treating acne scars. It involves treating a small part of the skin while the remaining area is left intact. The procedure stimulates the faster healing process and collagen production.
Why laser treatments for acne scars are the best option?
Laser acne scar treatments have many advantages and are a safe and affordable alternative to other treatments such as chemical peels, punch excision, and other surgical lasers. It works in harmony with the structure of the skin tissues layer by layer. The most important advantage of this treatment is that it does not damage healthy skin tissues. Laser treatment for acne scars is undoubtedly an excellent solution but seeing an experienced laser expert or dermatologist is important to get successful results.
Hence, it is proved that laser treatment can be used as an effective alternative to traditional acne scar treatments. Moreover, it is quite affordable as well and generates impressive results giving you smooth skin with no signs of acne scars. If you have made up your mind to get the laser treatment for acne scars, visit Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic today. Book a free consultation with our laser experts by calling us now or filling the online consultation form below.