Do you have acne scars on your skin? Are you seeking an affordable and effective treatment for your condition? If your answer is yes, you are not alone. There are many people who experience this condition at some stage of life. Acne itself is a painful and troublesome condition but the trouble is doubled when scars are left behind. Persistent and untreated acne lesions may cause permanent scarring. But don’t worry. We have an effective yet affordable solution for you. Continue reading to know about it.
How acne scars are formed?
Acne scars usually occur in the dermis, the skin layer immediately below the surface. It acts like cushion. Acne causes inflammation in the dermis and body stimulates the healing process and collagen production. Superficial scars occur as a result of too much collagen production whereas depressed scars are formed as a result of less collagen production. Acne usually results in pitted scars. In some cases, acne does not result in scar, but simply pigmentation change. This change is however, usually temporary and fades over few months or years. But acne scars require proper treatment.
Laser treatment for acne scars
Laser skin resurfacing is the treatment that can help you get rid of acne scars completely in few sessions. Nearly every type of acne scar can be treated with laser treatment. Both ablative and non-ablative laser treatments are available for treating acne scars. The treatment may be selected according to the type of scars and patient’s preferences in terms of number of treatment sessions and healing time.
- Ablative laser skin resurfacing – this laser treatment is perfect option for the individuals who want dramatic results in fewer sessions. Ablative lasers give effective results for deep scars as well.
- Non-ablative laser skin resurfacing – this laser treatment is well suited for those who prefer milder treatment that requires several sessions but no or minimal healing time.
Lasers that are usually used for acne scars treatment are:
- Fraxel laser: It is non-ablative laser treatment that works by heating columns of tissues instead of vaporizing them and stimulating collagen production.
- Carbon dioxide laser: It is relatively new laser treatment and provides better results than fraxel laser. Carbon dioxide laser emits short bursts of high-energy laser to vaporize scarred tissues layer by layer.
- Fractional CO2 laser: This treatment is considered the best choice for treating acne scars. It involves treating a small part of skin while the rest area is left intact. The procedure stimulated faster healing process and collagen production.
Why laser treatments for acne scars are best option?
Laser acne scar treatments have many advantages and are safe and affordable alternative to other treatments such as chemical peels, punch excision and other surgical lasers. It works in harmony with the structure of skin tissues layer by layer. The most important advantage of this treatment is that it does not cause any damage to healthy skin tissues.
Laser treatment for acne scars is no doubt an excellent solution but seeing an experienced laser expert or dermatologist is important to get successful.
If you want to book a free consultation with our laser experts, call us now or fill the free online consultation form below.