Dermal fillers are a staple at almost every cosmetic surgery and beauty parlor outlet in the world. It is the most popular and widely-used product that exists in a cosmetic dermatologist’s arsenal. Used as an effective solution for aging signs such as wrinkles, loose skin and muscle tone, dermal fillers make people look better and feel better about themselves. A constant increase in the use of lip fillers is being observed these days especially in Dubai; the global cosmetic hub. This stems from an increase in awareness, availability, safety, and outcomes of lip fillers for industrial and cosmetic purposes among women of various demographics.
Even surgeons and dermatologists exhibit increased willingness to make use of lip fillers because of the instant results and the way it is more convenient in this age of modern medicine and contemporary lifestyles. However, in order to avoid complications, litigation, and customer dissatisfaction, dermatologists ought to be cautious about the various dos and don’ts in using fillers. This article will guide you about the steps that you should follow while getting lip fillers.
The dermal filler is a quick and simple process of injecting hyaluronic acid filler (it is also manufactured in your body) into specific locations. But the finer points should be known to both the doctors and the patients. Let’s have a look at some of the do and don’ts of the lip fillers.
Before the Procedure
- Have realistic expectations before the treatment as to how you will end up looking is essential in aesthetic procedures of all sorts. Make sure you have done your research and understand the treatment which will be carried out on your face. For this purpose, you should have an efficient discussion with your surgeon before the procedure.
- Find out the type of injectables you will be receiving. You ought to know what will be going inside your face before signing the consent form. Ensure that your dermatologist makes use of clinically approved products.
- Don’t keep any information from your surgeon; communicate your present clinical health conditions and list all the medications you are currently ingesting. This allows the surgeon to make a calculated decision regarding the product that will suit your biological setup the most.
- Follow the pre-treatment instructions as prescribed by your physician/cosmetic technician/dermatologist.
- Drink ample amount of water to stay hydrated to the point leading up to the procedure.
- The administration of dermal fillers is done under the guidance and training of skilled professionals. Never make a choice of filler based on the price that suits you, since there is a lot of science that goes along with it. You don’t want to end up having a cosmetically botched look that would ruin your face rather than making it better.
- Do not go for a conveniently cheap treatment option at a small town or beauty parlor. Also, do not try to administer it to yourself at home. Injections should be clean, filled with up-to-date products, and must be carried out by a trained practitioner in a clinic or office.
- If your skin is sensitive then take painkillers or medications prescribed by the doctor to reduce swelling and to heal better and quicker.
During the Procedure
- Make sure you have a friend to pick you up from the clinic after the procedure and to be there while you are undergoing the treatment.
- Feel free to express your concerns if you are worried about the procedure. It helps remove small complications and misunderstandings that prove crucial.
- Do not go for this treatment while you are drugged or under the influence of a controlling substance.
After the Procedure
- Keep your body hydrated with regular water intake as recovery depends on the smooth circulation of body fluids.
- Follow all the steps necessary to be taken after the treatment for complete and safe recovery.
- Communication with your practitioner is of utmost importance. Be sure to report any discomfort or abnormality as soon as you notice it.
- Be sure to go for a re-checkup if proper results have not been obtained.
- Don’t excessively manhandle, touch or squeeze the treated area of your face right after the treatment procedure. Give it at least 24 hours of rest before applying any pressure to the said area.
- In case any abnormality becomes obvious or bumps start to appear, do not do anything on your own, consult your surgeon right away to receive professional therapy.
- Stay away from smoking and ingestion of alcohol or other controlling substances right after your treatment.
- Take rest for at least 2 days after the treatment and stay away from heavy physical activity.
- Stay away from the sun and tanning beds; avoid excessive heat exposure during the recovery period.
- Do not apply makeup or any chemical substance that can irritate the area that has been treated until you are fully recovered.
If you follow these lip fillers dos and don’ts, you will end up recovering safer. It will give you the satisfaction that your time and money is well spent with the least chance of a mishap. Facial aging is caused by a variety of variables and does not expect that dermal fillers will remove all those worrying factors completely. If necessary, you can undergo other treatments to receive optimal or permanent results. To find the best solution for yourself, get a free consultation here at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery® where you can send in your basic information in a short form to get an appointment with our expert.