Dermal fillers are a staple at almost every cosmetic surgery and beauty parlor outlet the world over. It is among the most popular and widely-used products that exist in a cosmetic dermatologist’s arsenal. Used as an effective – if temporary – solution to ageing variables such as wrinkles, loose skin and muscle tone, dermal fillers make people look better and feel better about themselves. A constant increase in the use of lip fillers is being observed these days especially in Dubai; the global cosmetic hub. This stems from an increase in awareness, availability, safety and enthusiasm towards the outcomes of lip fillers for industrial and cosmetic purposes in women of various demographics. Even surgeons and dermatologists exhibit increased willingness to make use of lip fillers because of the instant results and the way it is more convenient in this age of modern medicine and contemporary lifestyles. However in order to avoid complications, litigations and customer dissatisfaction dermatologists ought to be cautious about the various dos and don’ts in using fillers. This article is however targeted at the patient and the steps they should take in regard to that.
The dermal filler injection process is a quick simple process of injecting hyaluronic acid filler (it is also manufactured in your body) into specific locations. But the finer points should be known to both doctors giving and patients receiving the treatment.
Before the Procedure
- Having realistic expectations before treatment as to how you will end up looking is essential in aesthetic procedures of all sorts. Make sure you have done your research and understand the treatment which will be carried out on your face so you can have an efficient discussion with your surgeon before the procedure.
- Find out the type of injectable you will be receiving. You ought to know what will be going inside your face before signing the consent form. Ensure that your dermatologist makes use of clinically approved products.
- Don’t keep any information from your surgeon; communicate your present clinical health conditions and list all the medications you are currently ingesting. This allows the surgeon to make a calculated decision on which product will suit your biological setup most.
- Follow the pre-treatment instructions by the book as prescribed by your physician/cosmetic technician/dermatologist.
- Drink ample water so as to remain hydrated to the point leading up to procedure.
- The administration of dermal fillers is done under guidance and training of skilled professionals. Never make a choice of filler to use based on the price that suits you, since there a lot of science that goes along with it. You don’t want to end up having a cosmetically botched look that would ruin your face rather than make it better.
- Go for a conveniently cheap treatment option at a small town or beauty parlor or even administer it to yourself at home. Injections should be clean, filled with up-to-date products and must be carried out by a trained practitioner in a clinic or office.
- If your skin is sensitive then take painkillers or medication top reduce swelling as prescribed by the doctor to heal better and quicker.
During the Procedure
- Make sure you have a friend pick you up from the clinic after your procedure and to be there while you are undergoing treatment.
- Feel free to express your concerns if you are worried about the procedure. It helps removes small complications and misunderstandings that prove crucial.
- Do not go for this treatment while you are drugged or under the influence of a controlling substance.
After the Procedure
- Keep your body hydrated with regular water intake as recovery depends a lot on smooth circulation of body fluids.
- Follow all the steps necessary to be taken after treatment for complete and safe recovery.
- Communication with your practitioner is of utmost importance. Be sure to report any discomfort or abnormality as soon as you notice any.
- Be sure to go for a re-checkup in case proper results have not been obtained.
- Don’t excessively manhandle, touch or squeeze the treated area of your face right after treatment procedure. Give it at least 24 hours of rest before applying any pressure to said area.
- In case any abnormality becomes obvious or bumps start to form, do not do anything on your own, and instead consult your surgeon right away to receive professional therapy.
- Stay away from smoking and ingestion of alcoholic or other controlling substances right after your treatment.
- Rest yourself for at least 2 days after the treatment and stay away from heavy physical activity.
- Stay away from the sun and tanning beds; avoid excessive heat exposure during the recovery period.
- Do not apply makeup or any chemical substance that can irritate the area that has been treated until you are fully recovered.
If you follow these lip filler dos and don’ts, you will end recovering safer, and ensuring that your time and money is well spent with the least chance of mishap.
Facial aging is caused by a variety of variables and do not expect that dermal fillers will remove all those worrying factors completely. If necessary you can undergo other treatments to receive optimal or permanent results. To find the best solution for you, a free consultation is at your disposal here at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery where you can send in your basic information in a short form to get a free appointment with an expert.